Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fish Nuggets and sweet potato wedges :)

Dairy milk ice cream for dessert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A brandy and Bailey's with crushed ice, Happy Easter!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Time for some Easter Eggs after a lovely dinner. Turkey and ham with stuffing, veg, mash and garlic spuds. Bisto's southern style gravy on top.

20210404-155544.jpg

I wasn't even hungry until I looked at that picture, starving now!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

I wasn't even hungry until I looked at that picture, starving now!

What's the grub tonight? I'm chuggin a few Rockshores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Grandeeod wrote: »

Chug chug chug!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Roast lamb, carrots/peas and mashed potatoes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭enviro

IMG-20210404-WA0000.jpg
    Salmon, potatoes au gratin, green beans, asparagus and carrots

Can't move

Later than usual dinner tonight, one of those lazy sunny Sundays.

So lazy and so sunny I didn't even mind the mushey peas that sneaked their way onto the roast beef dinner plate.

Didn't mind them, but wouldn't ask for them, ever.

Enjoyed a couple of those brandy and Baileys, savage toothache all day but they helped. Slow red wine now listening to Neil Young, dentist Tuesday if he's open.

The brandy and baileys blew the bollox out of my brains the night of my 30th and that was nearly 20 years ago. Never touched it again.:D A final beer and then the leaba. A great day of eggs and grub. A great weekend overall of nice food, beers and treats and doing the garden.:D

• Advertisement

If you can't get an appointment Tuesday Rows, you could try clove oil for toothache...or just keep knocking back brandy till the Dentist opens :)

I got cottage pie and cheesecake from Fallon & Byrne today and was really disappointed with both. The pie was so salty yet bland and the cheesecake is supposed to be vanilla but doesn't really taste of anything.
    That's what i get for being a lazy arse today and not cooking a single meal. I even bought my breakfast out today and lunch which i threw in the bin! Might as well have just thrown 40 euro out the window!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Isn't it great. I only indulge in a decent one every few weeks. We are worth it.:D

This evening was an all out takeaway assault. Pizzas, a spice bag, chips, dips and not in shot is a spicy beef dish for later.:eek:

20210403-173032.jpg

Very nice, that's our plan for tomorrow, it'll be our first take away in about three months

Red wine and a huge crunchie Easter egg, 3 full size bars in it and the egg is huge with thick crunchie chocolate, my cholesterol is through the roof and this might push it over the edge but it's delicious.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Breakfast time.

hVeXv2r.jpg

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Breakfast time.

hVeXv2r.jpg

That pudding looks delicious and really big!
    Where'd you get it?
    I spy your trusty dill there in the background:p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Porklife wrote: »
    That pudding looks delicious and really big!
    Where'd you get it?
    I spy your trusty dill there in the background:p

Aldi black pudding (Mccarthys of Kanturk) .
    It comes in four big slices like that.

Dill with everything.
    Bury me in dill!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Aldi black pudding.
    It comes in four big slices like that.

Dill with everything.
    Bury me in dill!

are you reading this Surrep :) another aldi black pudding academy award :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

bassy wrote: »
    are you reading this Surrep :) another aldi black pudding academy award :D

Where did I say I had a problem with Aldi black pudding? I have never tried it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

I didn't say you had a problem with it.

We just polished off the last of the turkey, ham and stuffing. Had it will mushy peas and chips. A slash of gravy too. Some beers left ove so they will be consumed later.

• Advertisement

You didn't. Bassys comment is based on a chat we all had a while back about how some of us enjoyed Aldi black pudding. The cheap 55c role and what iCorgaigh enjoyed, the 2 quid 4 piece job which is great. We are all good.:D

Junk food from the freezer this evening.

Pizza's, Jambon's and an inspired contribution by the young lad, chicken nuggets and cheese in a brioche burger bun with Marie Rose sauce.

There's a lash of those spicy chicken wings from Lidl just about ready now to finish off anymore cravings for a takeaway for a while.

Cold cans of Molson are the beverage of choice for this particular bill of fare.

Just had a big ,fresh, crusty roll with left over turkey from yesterday, loads of red onion, butter and garlic mayo and homemade chips with loads of salt and vinegar it hit the spot as I hadn't a clue what I wanted, going to finish the weekend off with a glass of red wine and more Easter egg no doubt.

Junk food from the freezer this evening.

Pizza's, Jambon's and an inspired contribution by the young lad, chicken nuggets and cheese in a brioche burger bun with Marie Rose sauce.

There's a lash of those spicy chicken wings from Lidl just about ready now to finish off anymore cravings for a takeaway for a while.

Cold cans of Molson are the beverage of choice for this particular bill of fare.
    Just had a big ,fresh, crusty roll with left over turkey from yesterday, loads of red onion, butter and garlic mayo and homemade chips with loads of salt and vinegar it hit the spot as I hadn't a clue what I wanted, going to finish the weekend off with a glass of red wine and more Easter egg no doubt.

It's posts like these that keep me on the thread.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

yesterday we had the aldi 40 days aged rib roast (reverse seared) with all the trimmings.

so today we had leftover roast beef sloppy crusty rolls, bbq spatchcock chicken, leftover mash and roasties, battered onion rings

full. again.

I had an old childhood favourite of buttery potato cake with fried egg and cheese on top.
    I added kale, spinach, garlic, chillies and hot sauce on top.
    Yummy

You didn't. Bassys comment is based on a chat we all had a while back about how some of us enjoyed Aldi black pudding. The cheap 55c role and what iCorgaigh enjoyed, the 2 quid 4 piece job which is great. We are all good.:D

Oh ok. I had issues this weekend with the guy upstairs banging non stop. When I rang the landlady she said it wasn't happening so I'm a bit short.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

What do you call a spaghetti Bolognese that has no mince but chopped up chicken ?
    Well , that's what I made and it was fecking delicious:)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    What do you call a spaghetti Bolognese that has no mince but chopped up chicken ?

There is probably some Italian name for that.

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Spaghetti Chickenese.:D

Advertisement