Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Thanks to Mam I had Spaghetti Bolognese and garlic bread :)

Now having a Mint Magnum

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Tall java.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I literally have all the (Easter) Eggs in the one basket, Seriously lads. Just nibbled on one after recycling the cardboard.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    What do you call a spaghetti Bolognese that has no mince but chopped up chicken ?
    Well , that's what I made and it was fecking delicious:)
    Grandeeod wrote: »
    Spaghetti Chickenese.:D

yup sounds good and I might even try that myself.
    I love spag bol because its just so simple and satisfying and carb-alicious :pac:

my new pimped up spag bol now comes with a topping of raw onion mixed with a sprinkle of frozen parsley. and it tastes sooo good.

came from a bit of a smart a$$ comment from junior when one day when I felt like I was missing something after serving dinner out - 'well why don't you put onion on it seen as you put onion on everything' :rolleyes:

chopped up the onion and loved it!

so now I'm spoiled with a simple dinner turned into a bit of a feast with the main spag bol, parmesan, garlic bread, salad, and my new lil onion topping :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

I literally have all the (Easter) Eggs in the one basket, Seriously lads. Just nibbled on one after recycling the cardboard.:D
    Colored eggs Grandeeod? If so, do you pick one color over another to first eat? :D

• Advertisement

Fathom wrote: »
    Colored eggs Grandeeod? If so, do you pick one color over another to first eat? :D

Colored eggs??? Nope! Just a sweet mixture of Cadbury and Nestle all unboxed. Even the small Cadbury caramel eggs are in the mix or should I say basket.:D The foil has to be peeled off first.:)

Colored eggs??? Nope! Just a sweet mixture of Cadbury and Nestle all unboxed. Even the small Cadbury caramel eggs are in the mix or should I say basket.:D The foil has to be peeled off first.:)
    Did a bunny or peep lay them? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Autosport wrote: »
    Thanks to Mam I had Spaghetti Bolognese and garlic bread :)

Now having a Mint Magnum

There are mint magnums?! And why did nobody tell me about this?! :D

I'm feeling a bit nervous this evening so don't really have an appetite. I'm drinking chocolate milk.

Did a bunny or peep lay them? :D

Obviously the Bunny, But the Bunny also recycles the wrapping. Gotta keep it green.:D

Gotta keep it green.:D
    Like Ireland. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The Red Thai curry I got was the bomb. Very spicy but seriously flavoursome. It has been ages since I had anything that nice. It reminds me a bit of the red curries I used to make a while back only nicer. Low in calories and no artificial crap.

It helped that I only had toast today so was very hungry.

Thinking today is chili burger day. Smacks lips.

The Red Thai curry I got was the bomb. Very spicy but seriously flavoursome. It has been ages since I had anything that nice. It reminds me a bit of the red curries I used to make a while back only nicer. Low in calories and no artificial crap.

It helped that I only had toast today so was very hungry.

Was it a takeaway? I haven't had a decent Thai red curry in yonks, nor a Green one. Hard to make at home due to the poor standard of paste. I used to, but gave up for that reason. I've one last takeaway to try locally. I love Thai curry.;)

Was it a takeaway? I haven't had a decent Thai red curry in yonks, nor a Green one. Hard to make at home due to the poor standard of paste. I used to, but gave up for that reason. I've one last takeaway to try locally. I love Thai curry.;)

No I don't eat take away much. It was the Fit Food one I mentioned before. Seriously good but very spicy. I don't have energy to cook from scratch every day with work as well but these are healthy options. It comes with brown rice that has veggies running through it.
    The sauce is a bit runny but that's the way mine used to end up too.

No I don't eat take away much. It was the Fit Food one I mentioned before. Seriously good but very spicy. I don't have energy to cook from scratch every day with work as well but these are healthy options. It comes with brown rice that has veggies running through it.
    The sauce is a bit runny but that's the way mine used to end up too.

A real Thai curry is meant to have runny sauce. Watery all the way. So sounds good. I'm gonna try one last takeaway joint that know me and ask them to spice it up. :D After that I may get back to making it myself!

A real Thai curry is meant to have runny sauce. Watery all the way. So sounds good. I'm gonna try one last takeaway joint that know me and ask them to spice it up. :D After that I may get back to making it myself!

I made it years ago for friends and they had been in Thailand and enjoyed my attempt. We were wasted though so don't know how true the feedback was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Wondered into SuperValu today and picked up a few packets of southern fried drumsticks at half price as the best before date was up today, worked out at 25 cent each. Roosters were 49 cent a kilo in Aldi, a spoon of deluxe coleslaw from Lidl pushed the total meal cost to just under a euro and it was delicious.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Tall java with dash of cream.

I'll always remember the first time I saw grapes and cheese served as a combo, it was at a party my cousin Mary threw about 40 years ago and I was mega impressed. I wasn't invited or anything, I was just calling for her younger brother and back then you just walked into your cousins house anytime you wanted after a small knock at the door and a proclamation of "It's only me". I don't even know what the party was for but I enjoyed it anyway.

Every time I've had grapes and cheese together since I always think of her, she was like a film star then and she's still as classy every single time I see her.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

I'll always remember the first time I saw grapes and cheese served as a combo
    Adds to list. Worth a try.

• Advertisement

Mashed potatoes with savoury mince, pure comfort food :)

Now munching on an M&M egg now :)

Adds to list. Worth a try.

You must of missed it. Mrs G did it a few weeks back and with wine.:D

IMG-20210313-195929.jpg

You must of missed it. Mrs G did it a few weeks back and with wine.:D
    Yay! The wine completes it Grandeeod. :p

Slow cooked beef casserole with mash and broccoli.

Slow cooked beef casserole with mash and broccoli.
    Now you are making me hungry Rows Grower.

Making me hungry too :D

Slice of Apple tart and Ice cream now

Ah lads.. could barely fit all the food on my plate. The expression eyes bigger than my tummy comes to mind :D

Porklife wrote: »
    Ah lads.. could barely fit all the food on my plate. The expression eyes bigger than my tummy comes to mind :D

I just showed Mrs G that pic. Her fave dinner! I'd have it for breakfast! She'd have it at anytime.:D

I just showed Mrs G that pic. Her fave dinner! I'd have it for breakfast! She'd have it at anytime.:D

Haha a woman after my own heart :)
    I'm all for breaking the food rules... beer for breakfast, sausage sambo at night!

• Advertisement

I had one of those days! Sausages, spud waffles, beans and toast for breakfast early. Me and Ms G rambled into our local town to set up some banking stuff for her and then stole away on the sneaky to an outdoor Burger King job. I only had bacon and cheese fries.:D And a skinny coke. That made dinner easy as Mrs G is on the WWs thing. Ms G opted for a ham baguette. But I just had to have a little more filling tonight. Had a striploin steak, onions/mushrooms, fried potato cubes and some pepper sauce on my trusty wooden slap. Washed down with some strawberry bainne.

IMG-20210408-224153.jpg

Advertisement