Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Inspired by the lovely steak/onion combo I saw here the other day, today's dinner was oven baked spuds, onions, mushrooms, sirloin steak and all swimming in thick pepper sauce.

Few beers and a food coma for the football, the only bright spot on a bleak horizon after today's govt announcement!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,019 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Crunchy tacos with folded hard shell. Pulled beef. Grated cheese. Diced tomatoes, onions, jalapenos. Dallups of guacamole and sour cream. Splash of salsa. Amber beer chaser. YUM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Skelligs Irish Honey chocolate and a mug of tae

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,019 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

46 Long wrote: »
    Skelligs Irish Honey chocolate and a mug of tae
    Good for cool nights by fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

mug of bovril with brown soda bread and cheese

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mini pizzas and fish nuggets :) Otherwise known as finger food

• Registered Users Posts: 7,839 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

bassy wrote: »
    mug of bovril with brown soda bread and cheese

Reading away happy out and then I spotted this post and all my taste buds sprung to life, on goes the kettle and comes the bread and cheese.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Reading away happy out and then I spotted this post and all my taste buds sprung to life, on goes the kettle and comes the bread and cheese.

the good old classic bovril rows for the cold nites thats in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

So after Ms and Mrs Gs bellies were full, I watched a movie. Then Mrs G reminds me to phone my parents, not that I feckin need reminding. I was constantly reminded to the degree that my lasagne was burn't to fook while I was on the phone. I tried to rescue it but not happening. Dried and burnt no matter what you do with it. Apparently its all my fault.:rolleyes: So no dinner despite the fact that I'm starving and really tired.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭John.burke

Porridge with a cuppa, fuel for the night shift

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Toasted two cheeses and ham sambo on Pezo brown bread with relish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Rice Cakes coated in Orange and Lime infused dark chocolate ( 77% ) dashed with crushed pecan and dried caramel.

Washed down with freshly ground Colombian coffee and whipped cream.

I am smoking full strength, filtered Gauloises. Like a trooper.

I bought a medley of fresh Lemon and Lime in Smithfield this morning. I have a litre of Bombay Sapphire chilling in the fridge with 2 large bottles of San Pellegrino and 6 cans of Schweppes tonic. I have crushed fresh garden mint with soft brown sugar and will start on Gin Mojitos after noon. I am going to get absolutely baloobas.

The last of my garden mint was picked last week and is currently resting in a fridge, far from here. I should have picked it all as the cold spell has finished the rest off.

My coffee machine broke last week and I am still awaiting it's replacement which was due to be delivered by DPD two days ago.

On this day at this time 28 years ago I was drinking a drop of single malt with my father and brothers getting ready to walk down the aisle and start a new phase of my life. 9 months later, to the day, my wife and I became parents.

We're still together but if that coffee machine doesn't arrive soon things could change.

Tea, I'm drinking tea.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

On this day at this time 28 years ago I was drinking a drop of single malt with my father and brothers getting ready to walk down the aisle and start a new phase of my life. 9 months later, to the day, my wife and I became parents.

We're still together but if that coffee machine doesn't arrive soon things could change.

Tea, I'm drinking tea.

Happy anniversary! And a honeymoon baby too! Enjoy your day. Lucky you. We waited 14 years for our baby to appear! Now I'm an oul wan with a young fella. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

The last of my garden mint was picked last week and is currently resting in a fridge, far from here. I should have picked it all as the cold spell has finished the rest off.

My coffee machine broke last week and I am still awaiting it's replacement which was due to be delivered by DPD two days ago.

Tea, I'm drinking tea.

Awwwww what a lovely post, aside from the drinking tea part obviously...tea..tastes like someone squeezed a dirty dish dishcloth into a mug and heated it up to me. I've always thought of coffee as teas older cooler brother who smokes cigars and wears a leather jacket. Tea would probably tell on him!

@iamamoron once again I'm super jealous of your descriptive drinking antics, you make everything sound so delectable.

I just had porridge which I had to force down. No appetite these last few days, feeling anxious so trying to eat little and often and mostly bland but nutritious food. Not much fun and I'm hoping my usual love of food returns soon.

Happy anniversary! And a honeymoon baby too! Enjoy your day. Lucky you. We waited 14 years for our baby to appear! Now I'm an oul wan with a young fella. :)

Thanks Mystery Egg, things have taken a turn for the better after being dealt a crushing blow by Curry's who a while ago contacted me to say the delay was on their side and to expect delivery in the next couple of days.

At the back of my almost empty head I had a vague memory of using some coffee filters many years ago. Mentioned it to my beautiful spouse who confirmed I wasn't dreaming and said "I should be able to put my hand on them". Not only did she find them but she also found the plastic yokeabob that holds them on top of the cup.

Tassimo pods surgically opened with a knife and proper coffee is back, enjoyed with some wholegrain rye crispbread and balsamic and red onion cheese fresh out of the wax.

Life is good, what a beautiful day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Congratulations on 28 happy years, Rows Grower.

The garden mint will raise up as soon as the cold spell goes, and you could be lucky and find the existing leaves survive this cold spell.

Enjoying my third and last cup of coffee for the day here.....just to make you feel sorry for yourself.

Edit to say I missed your last post. Hope the coffee hits the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Bag of buttons and cuppa tea

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Anniversary Rows :) Enjoy that coffee :D

Having Lamb stew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Happy Anniversay RG!

I'm making up for last nights dinner disaster by playing it safe. Ordering a chinese takeaway later. Finishing off some work here and then a nice well deserved cold beer.

• Advertisement

Happy anniversary rows

Beef and vegetable soup with rolls here and very fitting for the weather that's in it.

Happy Anniversary! Just a mug of chicken soup here.
    I'm hankering a supermacs but it's a bit cold out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Hake fillet poached in milk with onion and bay leaf. Used the milk to make a white sauce with added thyme and lemon zest and juice. Served with buttery baby potatoes and asparagus.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Anniversary R G !

Beef stew here tonight .

VW 1 wrote: »
    Hake fillet poached in milk with onion and bay leaf. Used the milk to make a white sauce with added thyme and lemon zest and juice. Served with buttery baby potatoes and asparagus.

i,ve never had asparagus,how do you cook them,boil them yes ?.

i,ve never had asparagus,how do you cook them,boil them yes ?.

You don't boil them , you can simmer or roast. They only take a few minutes.

I'm having digger's duck spring rolls. Not feeling like eating much today.

You don't boil them , you can simmer or roast. They only take a few minutes.

I'm having digger's duck spring rolls. Not feeling like eating much today.

simmer as doin them on the pan with oil?,not very healthy.

simmer as doin them on the pan with oil?,not very healthy.

You don't know what simmer means? Hot water not boiling let the veg cook in it. Like the water is bubbling but not boiling.

You don't know what simmer means? Hot water not boiling let the veg cook in it. Like the water is bubbling but not boiling.

Asparagus is usually steamed as whole stalks, but it can be steamed cut into bite-size pieces if you like. Whether you steam it whole or chopped, place asparagus in a steamer rack and set over boiling water. Cover and cook until asparagus is tender, 4 to 8 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus stalks

• Advertisement

Asparagus is usually steamed as whole stalks, but it can be steamed cut into bite-size pieces if you like. Whether you steam it whole or chopped, place asparagus in a steamer rack and set over boiling water. Cover and cook until asparagus is tender, 4 to 8 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus stalks

Is this copy and paste? I know how to cook asparagus.

Advertisement