Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tucker tunsel

For anyone wondering about the tall fillet I have been fantasising about, I googled a few last night to show you. This isn't my dinner, it is off a Fine Dining page.

6mxDrqY.jpg

It's a fair looking steak in fairness.

I got 2 steaks yesterday evening for the dinner this evening. The woman advised she wasn't pushed so I end up eating the 2 of them with a shed load of onions,mushrooms,peas and chips.

I haven't been able to leave the couch after it.

Pure and total greed but jasus it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

bassy wrote: »
    that would,nt fill a robin :D

You would usually get side dishes of potatoes or chips and one of veg to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

You would usually get side dishes of potatoes or chips and one of veg to go with it.

ok lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

For anyone wondering about the tall fillet I have been fantasising about, I googled a few last night to show you. This isn't my dinner, it is off a Fine Dining page.

6mxDrqY.jpg

Perfection S. The only place to get a fillet like that is the butchers.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Perfection S. The only place to get a fillet like that is the butchers.

I have a local butchers I will try in a few weeks. The ones I got are half that size. Jesus I would love to go out for dinner :(

• Advertisement

I have a local butchers I will try in a few weeks. The ones I got are half that size. Jesus I would love to go out for dinner :(

Wouldn't we all! Not to be for a long while. Well not the way I'd like to anyway. Gonna buy a big fillet like that tomorrow for Sunday. I'll take a pic and see if it matches what you wanted. You put the urge on me S.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Usual breakfast butty and coffee..

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Homemade soda bread toasted with butter and jam and a cuppa tea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Just about to make what we call "korean Lasagna"

rabokki which is Ramen + Tteokbokki (sauce, spices, veggies, melted cheeiz on top)

tomorrow ill make a Short rib korean stew

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

A Cadbury Picnic.

Will rustle up some fajitas a bit later with leftover roast chicken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Spicy Mexican pasta (not too spicy) and Knorr cream of tomato soup (glass bottle one) Delicious :)

Apple pie made for later :)

Stayed in bed until lunch time and then had loin of pork, roasties, stuffing, peas and gravy. Just polished off a toasted special with spicy wedges. I don't think I'm finished yet.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Homemade chicken curry here this evening , simple .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Snap! Made enough last night for 2 dinners :D Had a small smoked ham best by tomorrow so gonna have fresh ham rolls later....would be a sin to waste it!!

That's not simple. It takes time. Hope you enjoyed it!
    I think my tongue is infected and can't eat my steaks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That's not simple. It takes time. Hope you enjoyed it!
    I think my tongue is infected and can't eat my steaks :(

Geez Surreptitious, it sounds like you really need a doctor to check it out at this point ?

Geez Surreptitious, it sounds like you really need a doctor to check it out at this point ?

I'm waiting for the doctor to ring me. Nurse said it's infected.

Sorry for giving off topic. Especially when people are eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Sirloin steak for tonight, side of mushrooms with garlic and cheesey potato skins. Needed to add more cheese when making the potato filling for the skins, but was still pretty tasty

spaghetti bolognese and chips

• Registered Users Posts: 7,839 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Big butcher cut sirloin, garlic baby potatoes, mushrooms, pepper sauce and some crusty buttered bread with a shared bottle of Merlot.

Bit of chill out music in the background and we ended up just talking about our most memorable meals on holidays. Seems like crusty bread and red wine was always a common denominator.

Vodka and cranberry juice with crushed ice now.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Beef curry pie :)

A beer. But BBQ ribs in the oven and maybe a few chips too.

Sausages, fried egg, beans and toast for a late breakfast earlier. Lazed around all day munching on chocolate. We still have loads of goodies floating around the place.

Home made bun burgers and chips for the girls. A little treat for me later.

Steak and onion pie and chips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,839 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Chicken and potatoes with a bit of pepper sauce.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭beerguts

I made chicken burritos with pinto beans, rice, Roasted peppers, sour cream and hot sauce. I feckin forgot the lime slices for it even though they were in the fridge. I had a side of spicy wedges and the remainder of the pinto beans.
    First time attempting it and it was a winner. Will definitely repeat. It is a pity that I don't have a proper Mexican restaurant near me I love the cuisine.

beerguts wrote: »
    I made chicken burritos with pinto beans, rice, Roasted peppers, sour cream and hot sauce. I feckin forgot the lime slices for it even though they were in the fridge. I had a side of spicy wedges and the remainder of the pinto beans.
    First time attempting it and it was a winner. Will definitely repeat. It is a pity that I don't have a proper Mexican restaurant near me I love the cuisine.

I love Mexican food but likewise have nothing near me.

Chicken and potatoes with a bit of pepper sauce.

That's a homemade pepper sauce RG! Floury spuds too!

sausages,eggs,rashers,spaghetti and toast.

• Advertisement

I just devoured a great dinner inspired by a poster here who put the longing on me. You know who you are.;)

Fillet steak on a bed of mashed potato, red wine jus, baby boiled potatoes and roasted root vegetables as in carrot and parsnip. Twas grand altogether.

IMG-20210103-191017.jpg

Advertisement