Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Autosport wrote: »
    Hot chocolate and chocolate biscuits :)

I'm having salted caramel hot chocolate from Lidl, ever tried it? It's delicious. I can't stop wishing I could lash some Bushmills into it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Porklife wrote: »
    I'm having salted caramel hot chocolate from Lidl, ever tried it? It's delicious. I can't stop wishing I could lash some Bushmills into it:)

I must try that although I wouldn’t be a fan of salted caramel, I’m having or had a options mint hot chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

That’s Protestant whiskey !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Dry roasted peanuts and
    Oh branrdy and baileys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Tea and dry crackers. Don't know what to eat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

beer

5 minute meal
    roasted tomato, basil and mozzarella fresh pasta with sundried tomato sauce

NNYGsjv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Crubeens

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sausages, beans and mash for the girls. I have a lovely rack of ribs in the fridge resting in a smearing of BBQ sauce for later. Butcher bought rack, An Aldi sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,839 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A humongous homemade bacon and cheese venison burger with chips.

It was awesome but I couldn't finish it and there's a box of Fox's biscuits on the table that won't even be opened.

Might manage a gin and tonic alright.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

I had a Bombay Bad Boy pot noodle king size, seriously hot and spicy but now my tongue is a bit better I could handle it.
    Tesco stopped selling them and only can get them in Dunnes now. I'm addicted to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

A humongous homemade bacon and cheese venison burger with chips.

It was awesome but I couldn't finish it and there's a box of Fox's biscuits on the table that won't even be opened.

Might manage a gin and tonic alright.

Are those chips homemade?! Good God man, they look delicious and as for the burger...wow. Did you finish it all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Toblerone and a cup of tea :D

Are those chips homemade?! Good God man, they look delicious and as for the burger...wow. Did you finish it all?

Of course they're homemade, no chippers in the mountains around here.

The burger defeated me but I made a noble effort.

The G&T's are gone kingsize now as well, the rugby is on and the fridge is too far away to be messing around.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Cup of tea, spicy monster munch and a bar of Hershey's.

#fatlivesmatter

jellybear wrote: »
    Toblerone and a cup of tea :D

I picked up the massive Toblerones for my Mam for only a fiver locally. Think they are gone now though. Must resist. Must resist.

mug of bovril :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

I picked up the massive Toblerones for my Mam for only a fiver locally. Think they are gone now though. Must resist. Must resist.

Yeah it was one of the big ones!!:D It was our weekend treat and it was delish!! Hoping to get a white chocolate one for next weekend :D So nice with a cuppa!

bassy wrote: »
    mug of bovril :)

with sourdough bread :)

Very sticky fingers after that rack of ribs and chips. Probably should have had a finger bowl. Cleaned myself up with a facecloth and sink full of water.:D But by jaysus it was so good.

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Very sticky fingers after that rack of ribs and chips. Probably should have had a finger bowl. Cleaned myself up with a facecloth and sink full of water.:D But by jaysus it was so good.

I have never cooked my own ribs. Do you just look for baby back ribs? How long in the oven?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

going on the 5th Bottle of Corona

Moving to cans of Carlsberg after that for some reason can't drink over 5 bottles of Corona.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Don't miss a trick on pork ribs.

Douse them in lime and a liberal sprinkling of white plain flour. Most importantly, slow cook the phuck out of them. You want that succulent honied pork dripping off the bone. I roast with fresh red chilli, a squeeze of lime and Maple syrup

Wash down with freezing cold ice tea infused with cinnamon and dried clementine. White rum optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Roast chicken for dinner

I have never cooked my own ribs. Do you just look for baby back ribs? How long in the oven?

My butcher does the rack in a vacum pack with the membrane removed. 140 degrees in the oven for 3 hours covered in foil. I then turn off the oven and leave the rack for another hour. I smear in sauce before I cook them so they are really tender but crispy. I pour more sauce on when I serve if I want the sticky fingers effect. You can also cook without the sauce and add it towards the end of the cooking time. Try them some time. You won't regret it. Really simple and don't share.:D

Mince with onion,carrots,green beans and potatoes.all steamed.

A real Irish Sunday dinner and it shot straight to the spot. Mash, garlic spuds, peas, a thick slice of slow roasted beef with a bog standard bisto gravy on top.

IMG-20210110-164511.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Had a sh1te dinner today. Was supposed to have a southern fried chicken thighs, rice (with cardamon & cloves) & a side veg dish with okra & green lentils.

Dont know what was going on. Made three batches of rice. First was too salty. The second was destined to have not enough salt:rolleyes:, but then it wasn't cooked right either. Third time lucky..... eh no... Fcuked that one up too.

So it was just chicken & a bit of meh cooked tomatoy veg the side :o

Cup of tea & Galaxy chocolate mmm

Roast fillet of venison, I've been looking forward to this particular piece since I butchered it and froze it some time back, it would have made a good few individual steaks but was put aside for a roast.

Herself did everything and added some carrots and onions to the roast just so they could be used to flavor the jus, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and blackberry jam were also used, no stock and no granules. The juices were slowly added to a roux of butter and flour. I have to say she did the animal justice which is something we always try to do.

A bottle of Shiraz was shared and there was a few crackers with cheese for dessert.

• Advertisement

Roast fillet of venison, I've been looking forward to this particular piece since I butchered it and froze it some time back, it would have made a good few individual steaks but was put aside for a roast.

Herself did everything and added some carrots and onions to the roast just so they could be used to flavor the jus, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and blackberry jam were also used, no stock and no granules. The juices were slowly added to a roux of butter and flour. I have to say she did the animal justice which is something we always try to do.

A bottle of Shiraz was shared and there was a few crackers with cheese for dessert.

That looks mouth wateringly delicious rows

Advertisement