Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Steak looks good! Was it tasty? I'm going to get my act together when I'm a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Steak looks good! Was it tasty? I'm going to get my act together when I'm a bit better.

The steak was feckin fantastic S. Cut through it into the mash and lots of juice. Its as close as I can get to eating out. Really wish I could have a beer with it, but on the road in the morning Maybe more chocolate.

Fillet steak, spinach, herbed rustic roasted potatoes, mushrooms and onions with pepper sauce

NiEAPnB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,839 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Jesus Christ Surreptitious, those chips and and onions look massive.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Jesus Christ Surreptitious, those chips and and onions look massive.

The potatoes were very tasty actually. I went a bit mad with the onions and mushrooms!

• Advertisement

A small bit of madness is good.

Nice to see you are feeling a bit better.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

A small bit of madness is good.

Nice to see you are feeling a bit better.

I'm a bit improved. Been resting and no work so less stress :)

A drop of Southern Comfort and some dry roasted peanuts, it used to be my occasional tipple about 30 years ago when on big family holidays everyone else would order a drop of whiskey at the end of the night.

One of my sisters has given me a bottle every Christmas since then and it's the only time I ever drink it, it's my annual bottle of reeling in the years.

Fillet steak, spinach, herbed rustic roasted potatoes, mushrooms and onions with pepper sauce

NiEAPnB.jpg

Love it S! Get to the butcher for a big steak. Your veg is fab!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Love it S! Get to the butcher for a big steak. Your veg is fab!

I'm going to make more of the home cooked chips for a snack I think. I got a lovely bag of roosters, very big spuds. The cut of steak was disappointing alright. I'll go in person next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

I'm going to make more of the home cooked chips for a snack I think. I got a lovely bag of roosters, very big spuds. The cut of steak was disappointing alright. I'll go in person next time.

Those chips looks fab, my always turn out a mess, how do u do them?

Icsics wrote: »
    Those chips looks fab, my always turn out a mess, how do u do them?

You have to par boil them then roast in rapeseed oil. I don't go by times and temperatures though, I just mosey along with it.

Batch cooking from the freezer is a great help. Mrs G had a Chilli and Ms G had Cottage Pie. I've thawed some Pork Chops. I'll cook them up with something later as I had Chicken sandwiches and Cream of Chicken soup earlier.

I wanted a beer so I'm having a beer. Gonna enjoy a few actually. I also found a nice selection box that I had forgotten about.:D

IMG-20210105-173348.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Toasted ham ,cheese and onion , done in the sandwich bag in the toaster , melt goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Spiced beef sandwich :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Had Shepherd's Pie for dinner but I'm hungry again so I'm having a ham roll, cut from a fresh baguette.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Stonewell medium dry cider. I'm on my third, normally only have one drink. Long day here though and off tomorrow.

Cadbury wholenut for nibbling.

Stonewell medium dry cider. I'm on my third, normally only have one drink. Long day here though and off tomorrow.

Cadbury wholenut for nibbling.

I thought I was the only one! Slainte! Had a Frys Turkish earlier.

The last of the baby spuds were par boiled and cooled. (a beer) Then they were sliced. (a beer) I chopped mushrooms (Codds from Carlow are the best) and a big onion. (a beer) The pork chops were taken out of the fridge. Nicely thawed. (a beer)

So now its the chops in the oven to cook until nice and tender and then sliced spuds, onion and mushrooms in the pan with butter.

A beer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,019 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

C to the 2nd power (Coffee and Coffee Cake). :cool:

• Advertisement

Dr. Oetker Pizza Pollo with some extra pulled chicken, ham and cheese on top.

Take that Domino's.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mug of soup :)

I got a roast beef dinner from my local Supervalu, 5 mins in the microwave it is fab. Cost 8 euro though but worth it. This is it uncooked

RjakBRI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I've been awake all night & finally it is an acceptable hour for breakfast.

Warm brownie, squirty cream & strawberries. Latte :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

I've been awake all night & finally it is an acceptable hour for breakfast.

Warm brownie, squirty cream & strawberries. Latte :pac:

Not usually associated with breakfast :D

Greek yoghurt, oats, grapes and strawberries. Drizzle of maple syrup over the top to take away the sharpness of the yoghurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

VW 1 wrote: »
    Not usually associated with breakfast :D

:D no. But I was feeling sorry for myself because I made steak, fries & pepper sauce for dinner yesterday & I didn't enjoy it at all. So very bold treat breakfast was needed.

Sure I was going to eat it later on in the day anyway so it all even's out, right :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

That's definitely the best way to do it, food is all about happiness. Sometimes it means a salad, sometimes a dessert for breakfast. Whatever fits the moment!

Ms G had a hot chicken fillet sambo with fries. Mrs G had her portion of Lasagne with rocket, coleslaw and fries. I'm having the same in a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

3 boiled eggs made in to scrambled eggs with diced onion salad cream and brown rice,delicious and very healthy i think.as im trying to lose weight.

so would welcome more healthy food and recipe from folk on here :) any more healthy food ideas are welcome :)

• Advertisement

Chips, peas, pie and onion rings with a can of Rockshore, it Women's Little Christmas today so I got treated, it was delicious.

Advertisement