Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Jesus I would be useless front of house. One thing is I never learned about wines as I was always in the kitchen which is one regret I have.

Is that the place? I like that show though it's a bit contrived at times. Fancy joint :eek:

I mainly worked in London, Cork city and west cork.

Yeah the show is contrived alright more so by the invited diners talking crap. Its a fancy place now alright and was back in the early 90s. But it has obviously under gone a major refurb because apart from the reception area, I struggle to recognize it.

I hated being a waiter. That place used to do silver service on a Sunday. A nightmare. Wine was easy back then. Not like these days. I loved the kitchen despite the head chef being a prick. He was great craic after service though.

But to keep on topic, another Rockshore. Cheers S!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

back on topic indeed.
    I am having another edam sandwich with the gorgeous red pepper relish. So tasty and the bread is super fresh.

Suppin on beer.

I made one serious toasted special for myself today. Loads of ham, cheddar cheese, tomato and onion. Buttered on both sides. A huge scoop of Hunky Dorys on the side. An old fashioned toastie.:D Chinese takeaway tonight. Pints of Rockshore now.

Loin of Pork thawing for tomorrows dinner.

I live on toasted specials here.

I picked up the very last of the cheese in Lidl. I got three varieties and two different types of crackers. Going to have a cheese plate at some stage.
    They aren't gourmet cheeses but they will do me fine. They are the Deluxe range so should be nice enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

soft white roll with butter and almost the last ( boo hoo dreadful thought!) of the Wensleydale with cranberry cheese) then a big bowl of home made trifle. I make the best trifle in the world once a year...

celebrations ae within reach but I am too full already and about to sleep the new year in - or the old year out.

Happy New Year all... stay safe out there..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,850 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I made one serious toasted special for myself today. Loads of ham, cheddar cheese, tomato and onion. Buttered on both sides. A huge scoop of Hunky Dorys on the side. An old fashioned toastie.:D Chinese takeaway tonight. Pints of Rockshore now.

Loin of Pork thawing for tomorrows dinner.

Chinese here too later , looking forward to it tbh , and eventually the cans of bulmers will finally be opened ! (Probably just the one but sure no harm!)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Chinese here too later , looking forward to it tbh , and eventually the cans of bulmers will finally be opened ! (Probably just the one but sure no harm!)

What's your go to dish?
    I am having tea and a toffee yum yum. I shouldn't have bought them, seriously calorific and gooey.

ONE????:eek:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Cheese and relish toastie

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, spiced beef, smoked ham and parsley sauce :)

Washed down with a club orange

• Advertisement

Eating a lot of goose here. Alas I knew them well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,850 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

What's your go to dish?
    I am having tea and a toffee yum yum. I shouldn't have bought them, seriously calorific and gooey.

Sorry was glitched out , I got beef curry , rice and chips tonight Surreptitious . I usually prefer the spice boxes as I like a bit of this that and the other !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

beer

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Just finished our yearly New Years Eve seafood fest....a huge bowl of large argentinian wild prawns, lobsters, scallops, a prawn ring, tons of garlic butter with crusty bread and some skin on chips. Have two teenage kids, been doing this since they were 5 or 6. It's our once a year mad splurge.

Sorry was glitched out , I got beef curry , rice and chips tonight Surreptitious . I usually prefer the spice boxes as I like a bit of this that and the other !

Oh that sounds tasty! I haven't had a spice bag or box in a long time either.

Oh that sounds tasty! I haven't had a spice bag or box in a long time either.

aldi do a spicebox i,ve never tryed it,just said i give you the heads up on it m8.

bassy wrote: »
    aldi do a spicebox i,ve never tryed it,just said i give you the heads up on it m8.

Thanks! I tried it before. It's ok but there's little veg with it. It's not bad for a shop spice bag though. Lidl has the same one.

Thanks! I tried it before. It's ok but there's little veg with it. It's not bad for a shop spice bag though. Lidl has the same one.

ye i think if i was to buy it i would add in more stuff to it like onion rings,peppers etc

ye i think if i was to buy it i would add in more stuff to it like onion rings,peppers etc

Yeah I added peppers and onions to the one I got. It helped it.

Yeah I added peppers and onions to the one I got. It helped it.

im adding beer now :D

• Advertisement

im adding beer now :D

I'm having prosecco in a while. Cheers!

I'm having prosecco in a while. Cheers!

carlsberg,picked up a few slabs when the were 20 euro.cheers

More Rockshore!:D

More Rockshore!:D

You should have got a bottle of Champagne for the week that's in it.
    I think Lidl do one for 20 euro.

I have party food as well but will only cook a little bit of it.

mam of 4 are you having a drink or are you still not talking to the chipvan ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tucker tunsel

I'm in my element here.

2 big bags of Manhattan popcorn which I buttered myself into a big bowl and a cup of strong tea.

Going to eat my way out of this virus

I'm in my element here.

2 big bags of Manhattan popcorn which I buttered myself into a big bowl and a cup of strong tea.

Going to eat my way out of this virus

you should try the aldi cinema popcorn it is salty and delicious :)

You should have got a bottle of Champagne for the week that's in it.
    I think Lidl do one for 20 euro.

I have party food as well but will only cook a little bit of it.

I did the champers over a few breakfasts last week and this week.:eek: Aldi version. I also have a duuurty chicken curry, fried rice and chips for soakage later. Mrs G just gone to bed too. Having the last beer and a half.:D

I did the champers over a few breakfasts last week and this week.:eek: Aldi version. I also have a duuurty chicken curry, fried rice and chips for soakage later. Mrs G just gone to bed too. Having the last beer and a half.:D

ah will ya stop the night is only young yet......................................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Tucker tunsel

This thread is making me hungry once I read about that chicken curry.

I cooked a chicken earlier and im thinking strong about stuffing and chicken sambos now 😂😂 mayo and red sauce and double decker them.....

Feck it the year has been tough and il worry about the pounds tomorrow 😀

Advertisement