Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

I fried off chopped leftover salad potatoes from the last 2 days, peppers, cheese, ham,chilli and garlic, poured beaten eggs and a drop of milk when they were fried (an omelette I suppose), couldn't add onions or tomatoes due to fussy eaters here, delicious and ideal for using leftovers from the fridge.
    Huge bar of Wholenut now and thank God there's loads of nuts in it, will have a glass of wine later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Chicken Dhansak with caramelised brown rice and a bean salad. Now enjoying a Brandy and Tonic.

What's caramelized brown rice? Do you pan fry it after boiling with onions? I've actually never had brandy but when you say brandy and tonic I get this lovely sense of relaxation:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Porklife wrote: »
    What's caramelized brown rice? Do you pan fry it after boiling with onions? I've actually never had brandy but when you say brandy and tonic I get this lovely sense of relaxation:)

You cook the rice first then pan fry with your spices add your onions and sugar. Cook until it is brown and well caramelized. Brandy is very relaxing and yet invigorating!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Never had brandy? it's very good for settling tummies. Nice with port at Christmas or with Bailey's. Also good with ginger ale or coke. The nicest brandy is Remy Martin which is a champagne brandy. I know this won't help you currently but good to think about maybe in the future :)

Never had brandy? it's very good for settling tummies. Nice with port at Christmas or with Bailey's. Also good with ginger ale or coke. The nicest brandy is Remy Martin which is a champagne brandy. I know this won't help you currently but good to think about maybe in the future :)

I'm taking notes Surreptitious and I'll be drinking doubles next Christmas! I love port and Baileys so that's really good to know:)

I'm eating a galaxy caramel. Think I prefer plain galaxy. Must they those waffle things you guys have been talking about too

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Home made Cox Pippin, Clementine and Wild Blackberry Jelly, infused with Cinnamon, Fresh Clove and Star Anise.

The jelly is topped with heavily whipped Irish Cream pre sprinkled with smashed caramelised brown sugar and Cadbury's Flake, smashed to smithereens and loosely applied.

I am dipping with homemade ginger snap biscuit. I have opened a bottle of Hennessy and will start smoking Henri Winterman half corona cigars within the hour.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Home made Cox Pippin, Clementine and Wild Blackberry Jelly, infused with Cinnamon, Fresh Clove and Star Anise.

The jelly is topped with heavily whipped Irish Cream pre sprinkled with smashed caramelised brown sugar and Cadbury's Flake, smashed to smithereens and loosely applied.

I am dipping with homemade ginger snap biscuit. I have opened a bottle of Hennessy and will start smoking Henri Winterman half corona cigars within the hour.

Theres not a single element of what you've just said that I'm not jealous of!! Enjoy you lucky bastard!

I'm taking notes Surreptitious and I'll be drinking doubles next Christmas! I love port and Baileys so that's really good to know:)

I'm eating a galaxy caramel. Think I prefer plain galaxy. Must they those waffle things you guys have been talking about too

You should try Milka caramello. Unreal scenes. They have them in one of my local shops. They would be nicer than the Galaxy caramel.

I used to smoke filter tip skinny cigars years ago. I'd love one now but no, it won't happen.

Winterman is a very nice smoke.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I used to smoke filter tip skinny cigars years ago. I'd love one now but no, it won't happen.
    Winterman is a very nice smoke.

Light the fire and do yourself a favour.

Brandy in November tastes better with a half Corona.

Don't torture yourself, submission is inevitable.

Light the fire and do yourself a favour.

Brandy in November tastes better with a half Corona.

Don't torture yourself, submission is inevitable.

That's what he said last night.

That's what he said last night.

Who said? Details my dear,lol.

Who said? Details my dear,lol.

It's just an old joke, when the actress said to the bishop. I twisted it to be 'funny'.
    :cool:

It's just an old joke, when the actress said to the bishop. I twisted it to be 'funny'.
    :cool:

Made me laugh but your explanation even more so ðŸ™႒

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Chili cheese burger with jalapenos. Iced root beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Taytos cheese and onion

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Autosport wrote: »
    Taytos cheese and onion
    Yo sport. Dips Taytos in chili. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fathom wrote: »
    Yo sport. Dips Taytos in chili. Yum.

I might try that aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Cheese & onion pringles. I'm so so hungry but haven't the energy to get up & make anything.

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    I might try that aswell
    Craving chili of late. Toss it on lots of things. Chili omelettes, chili cheese burgers, chili dogs, chili dips, chili burritos, chili tacos. You name it. Just a phase. I know.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Made some buttery popcorn.

Made a seasoning of salt, cinnamon and brown sugar.

I think you can see where this is going.

Wonders... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I had three cans of stout and that was only to accompany the bacon and cabbage with mash and a splash of gravy that I'm about to have now,

Double espresso. To get things done.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I had three cans of stout and that was only to accompany the bacon and cabbage with mash and a splash of gravy that I'm about to have now,

Excuses excuses.

I had potato coquettes with beans and hot sauce. Very tasty.
    Going to have a can of cider now before bed.

(No spiders tonight)

Made some buttery popcorn.

Made a seasoning of salt, cinnamon and brown sugar.

Netflix and chill? More babies :eek:

Sorry I am very naughty tonight!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Netflix and chill? More babies :eek:

Sorry I am very naughty tonight!

I'd love more babies to be fair! Popcorn probably not the ideal route to obtaining them :pac:

I'd love more babies to be fair! Popcorn probably not the ideal route to obtaining them :pac:

Enjoy anyway. I was only kidding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Midnight snack :0 - while watching (but not doing) keep fit weight training online!!
    Hot Falaffel in toasted pitta bread with chili sauce and bits of ripped up basil. Quite yum!

Advertisement