Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Ratatouille was necessary to offset the amount of carbohydrate, fat and salt consumed during this meal. Although on a horrible night like tonight it's no harm to have a bit of stodge and comfort food :D

531407.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Southern fried wedges with ketchup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Cup of tea & a Mars icecream

Chipper chips ,peas ,pie and onion rings, was delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hot chocolate and minstrels

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Onions rings. The corn snack, as opposed to the real thing. And some cheap plonk.

I wish someone would cook for me, even the last guy I was always the one cooking.
    I am thinking of having one beer before bed but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I wish someone would cook for me, even the last guy I was always the one cooking.
    I am thinking of having one beer before bed but not sure.

You’ll enjoy it all the more if you think you’re not allowed it ;)

Autosport wrote: »
    You’ll enjoy it all the more if you think you’re not allowed it ;)

My tired brain was like, this is some foodie secret then I realised you were talking about the beer :pac:

Ok, you have persuaded me.

I wish someone would cook for me

I always think the same but when my partner cooks, I then don't usually like the way he has cooked it bless him:pac:

Another tea & cheese & onion Pringles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Musefan

Tea.

Slice of crusty sourdough toasted with some Kerrygold from a block.

I always think the same but when my partner cooks, I then don't usually like the way he has cooked it bless him:pac:

Another tea & cheese & onion Pringles

My ex is a qualified chef. I'm only a trained chef, studied other things in college. I'd love a roast dinner served up to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I really like aubergine. I put into into chilli curry with chickpeas or sometimes potato. Its nice roasted with other veg too.
    Or Goodfella's do a vegetable pizza in a white box. It's loaded with veg & has chunks of aubergine on it. So good

Aubergine was nice , with red peppers, carrots and potatoes.

cj maxx wrote: »
    Aubergine was nice , with red peppers, carrots and potatoes.

Love learning a new food to enjoy!!
    That gives me an idea for a question in the interview thread too

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I don't like Aubergine. It's probably the only veggie I don't like.

Currently a flat 7up. Riveting.

Toasted special with Jack Cuthbert's brown bread with mayo and mustard made on the Foreman. Going to make a cuppa Barry's now.

Might have something else later but trying to catch up with work so we'll see.

Have managed to avoid take aways for ages now. I only get the odd one. Still a fatty though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I had a lovely chicken and stuffing sandwich for lunch with loads of butter and mayo. Can't beat a homemade sandwich. Just did the dinner for the girls. Ms Gs was easy. Same as last night. Mash and chicken with stuffing and gravy. Mrs G went for an oul fave of hers that she doesn't have often. Fried egg, beans, chips and bread and butter.

I'm having a beat the takeaway meal tonight. Its worth the prep. A hot beef stir fry made with velvetized beef strips, peppers, chillis, onions and carrots. Cooked in sesame oil, soy and oyster sauce. Served over boiled rice. All cooked and tubbed off until later. Depending on the mood, there may be chips with it.

For now it's very cold beers as I only had a small few over the weekend. Tonight I want to feel the buzz of having a decent chinese takeaway after a decent feed of pints.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A lump of venison steak brown on the pan and baked in the oven with crushed garlic baby potatoes. More fizzy vitamin drinks and more tea with Oaties.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Going to make a home chinese 4in1 w/rice, chips, sauce, tofu.
    Hopefully fill the gap in my left that the weekend has left

A lump of venison steak brown on the pan and baked in the oven with crushed garlic baby potatoes. More fizzy vitamin drinks and more tea with Oaties.

That venison steak is the dogs bollox RG.

• Advertisement

After 8's

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

The 4in1w/sriraxha tofu

After 8's

You can get After Eight hot choc now in Costa.

I did some batch cooking today for the dinner and freezer. Two dishes.

Beef Chilli.

IMG-20201103-124535.jpg

Cottage Pie

IMG-20201103-150603.jpg

Chilli over nachos with melted mozzarella melted on top for Mrs G and Cottage pie for Ms G .Four portions of each into freezerland. I'm having the second portion of last nights beef stirfry.

Laziest dinner ever tonight but absolutely delicious and all from Aldi ,had to do fish ( was recommended during the week by my friend because chicken breasts weren't thawed out)..Aldi lemon sole ( 2 in a box in fridge section, Mixed veg ( cauliflower, broccoli, carrots), gratin potatoes and salad potatoes in microwave ( you don't even need to open the bag for cooking)...last glass of wine in the bottle and I may open another one...so easy it all nearly cooked itself. ☺️

Mc Donalds :o
    ( i had a shoite day and it's flipping lovely :D)

Mc Donalds :o
    ( i had a shoite day and it's flipping lovely :D)

I'd kill for a McDonalds. I haven't had one since sometime last year as this year is fecked up and I like to sit in. I did manage to bag a Burgerking in July though.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'd kill for a McDonalds. I haven't had one since sometime last year as this year is fecked up and I like to sit in. I did manage to bag a Burgerking in July though.:D

Same! Yerah tis nice but trust me your creations look ALOT better :pac:

Same! Yerah tis nice but trust me your creations look ALOT better :pac:

Home cooked is great but sometimes I love to mill a Bigmac or Quater pounder with cheese and fries on a weekend afternoon after a bit of shopping. Really miss that. The one and only Burgerking sit down in July was a one off mission and filled with do this and do that instructions. But the double whopper was great.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Beef stew done in the slow cooker for an hour. I cook it in the oven first for a few hours to speed up the process.

Advertisement