Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Chinese takeaway. Box with salt & chilli shredded chicken, chips, chicken balls, & veg. Prawn toast too.
    & I'm eating it cold because I'm playing games at the same time lol

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Home cooked is great but sometimes I love to mill a Bigmac or Quater pounder with cheese and fries on a weekend afternoon after a bit of shopping. Really miss that. The one and only Burgerking sit down in July was a one off mission and filled with do this and do that instructions. But the double whopper was great.:D

I just went back for a McFlurry - shameless today!! :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

A Jameson and ginger ale and a bit of Lindt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Cod thai curry in pastry parcels with home made fried rice and a fizzy vitamin drink.

Cup of tea and all the dark coloured wine gums for dessert.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Laziest dinner ever tonight but absolutely delicious and all from Aldi ,had to do fish ( was recommended during the week by my friend because chicken breasts weren't thawed out)..Aldi lemon sole ( 2 in a box in fridge section, Mixed veg ( cauliflower, broccoli, carrots), gratin potatoes and salad potatoes in microwave ( you don't even need to open the bag for cooking)...last glass of wine in the bottle and I may open another one...so easy it all nearly cooked itself. ☺️

Thats like one of my favourites too.

Frozen pizza pimped up with frozen mushrooms & veg, oven fries, & a caeser salad.

Absolutely feck all 'cooking' involved but I feel like its such a nice satisfying meal:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Today was one of my fasting days, but I am having a Brandy and Tonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Today was one of my fasting days, but I am having a Brandy and Tonic.

What’s a fasting day :D

Lambs liver and onions for dinner :)

Autosport wrote: »
    What’s a fasting day :D

Lambs liver and onions for dinner :)

Some of the dinner posts are making me regret it! I have 3 fasting days a week to keep my weight where it needs to be. I'm starving now thinking of Lamb liver and Grandeeod's Beef Chilli. And Row's Venison. I should avoid this thread in future on fasting days,lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Chicken and mushroom hot cup and Jack Cuthbert's soda bread. Trying to warm up, I can only find that bread in one shop, it is seriously nice bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I was re-organizing the chest freezer early this morning to check stock and get more shopping in. What did I find, only a nice piece of sirloin steak. Happy days! Out it came for an all day thaw at room temp. Gonna season it and pan fry it this evening.

Posh nosh coming up, but a cheap Aldi beer until then.:D

• Advertisement

Chicken breasts baked in the oven with butter and garlic, salad potatoes, green beans and gravy, very tasty and light. Wine time shortly.

Was craving another lash of the home made fried rice today but with chicken like the young fella had last night, herself duly obliged and a lovely bit of thick oyster sauce to go with it. Cup of tea now and two slices of plain banana bread, these lock downs are great for the home cooking.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Lamb steaks and chips :)

Beer battered onion rings, potato waffles and hot sauce. Can of coke on the side.
    A huge spider was crawling behind my desk but I got hold of him before he escaped, then I got hot sauce in my eye.
    The onion rings are from Mash Direct, they are tasty enough.

Beer battered onion rings, potato waffles and hot sauce. Can of coke on the side.
    A huge spider was crawling behind my desk but I got hold of him before he escaped, then I got hot sauce in my eye.
    The onion rings are from Mash Direct, they are tasty enough.

I though you were going to say you ate the spider.

I was fishing with a fella one day and I saw this brown thing come floating down the river, it looked best avoided so I moved out of the way.

Your man says to me "What's that?" I said I dunno.

A minute later he says to me "mmmm, it's a Wispa, you missed out."

He would have drowned that spider in hot sauce and been happy out.

I though you were going to say you ate the spider.

I was fishing with a fella one day and I saw this brown thing come floating down the river, it looked best avoided so I moved out of the way.

Your man says to me "What's that?" I said I dunno.

A minute later he says to me "mmmm, it's a Wispa, you missed out."

He would have drowned that spider in hot sauce and been happy out.

I Thought the same thing about the Spider.:eek:

Heading for the steak and pan!

Here is the beast of Sirloin on the pan, Gonna have it with cheapo Aldi potato gratin with extra cheddar that I keep in the freezer.:D

IMG-20201104-172600.jpg

That's a fine hunk of meat.

I'm talking about the steak you weirdos :p

It was indeed! Chowed down with the Gratin. Lovely! Aldi Racer anf OJ for dessert and washdown,

Cabbage and Mushroom Pierogi, with browned onions and scallions

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    potato gratin with extra cheddar that I keep in the freezer.:D

I keep all my cheese in the freezer. I've only got fresh cheese for one or two days after buying it, then it joins the rest of the cheese family in the freezer

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Madeira cake and a nice mug of Barrys

A lovely salad roll, lettuce, scallion, cucumber, gherkins and beetroot :)

Washed down with a bottle of lucozade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Autosport wrote: »
    A lovely salad roll, lettuce, scallion, cucumber, gherkins and beetroot :)

Washed down with a bottle of lucozade :)

You literally described my food hell:)
    I cant stand scallion, beetroot or gherkins. I remember being at a bbq with my parents as a kid and I wanted to go home but they were drinking beers having fun and kept saying in a while..go play over there. I thought to myself, I'll show them, so I proceeded to stuff myself with burgers that had gherkins and cucumbers on them and drank half empty cans of beer. Well to say I was sick is an understatement!! It put me off cucumbers for life. I can't even eat something that has looked at a cucumber!

Porklife wrote: »
    You literally described my food hell:)
    I cant stand scallion, beetroot or gherkins. I remember being at a bbq with my parents as a kid and I wanted to go home but they were drinking beers having fun and kept saying in a while..go play over there. I thought to myself, I'll show them, so I proceeded to stuff myself with burgers that had gherkins and cucumbers on them and drank half empty cans of beer. Well to say I was sick is an understatement!! It put me off cucumbers for life. I can't even eat something that has looked at a cucumber!

I blame the beer :D

Orange chocolate twirl being devoured now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Large toblerone from the pound shop and a cuppa tea

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Sriracha chicken thighs (youtube recipe)
    And peri peri veg (swede, sweet potao, carrot)
    Id normally make my chicken skins crispy on the pan but recipe has them put straight in the oven

Venison casserole with crushed baby potatoes in garlic butter. Had a fizzy vitamin drink with it and now on the tea and the last of the Oaties biscuits.

Chicken Dhansak with caramelised brown rice and a bean salad. Now enjoying a Brandy and Tonic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Venison casserole with crushed baby potatoes in garlic butter. Had a fizzy vitamin drink with it and now on the tea and the last of the Oaties biscuits.

Them potatoes look so good..

Advertisement