Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭trashcan

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Made a spicy tofu and curried veg w/rice
    Got the chance to use up the last of veg in kitchen and tried the organic tofu from lidl which cooked alot better than most ive tried.
    And well rice is rice, boil it and its white
    Heres a snap

I just don't get tofu. Why would you bother ? I'm not veggie, but I often do a veggie curry with cauliflower, chickpeas etc. There is just no need for tofu in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Triple-decker sandwich with turkey, cheddar, rocket, mayonnaise and mustard. Mug of tea and a Cadbury Tiffin afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

trashcan wrote: »
    I just don't get tofu. Why would you bother ? I'm not veggie, but I often do a veggie curry with cauliflower, chickpeas etc. There is just no need for tofu in the world.

I only go passively got into it over the past year when i had a takeaway spice bag and enjoyed it, it is something that i now get weekly/bi weekly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Curry Koka noodkes & glass of water:o

Fathom wrote: »
    Yum!

You should try it if you haven't ever.

Once a year maybe I will buy the beef, cook & cremate it, throw the beef in the bin(this was not the intended plan), then have the gravy to comfort my battered ego(again):pac:

• Advertisement

trashcan wrote: »

I can't take to it either.
    I watch a lot of Japanese YouTuber's too & while they don't always use it, sometimes they use the soft tofu in a soup & it looks a slimy mess:eek:

I can't take to it either.
    I watch a lot of Japanese YouTuber's too & while they don't always use it, sometimes they use the soft tofu in a soup & it looks a slimy mess:eek:

A Miso soup has tofu in it and can be quality, if you ever get the chance

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    A Miso soup has tofu in it and can be quality, if you ever get the chance

I've had miso with sushi, & I do eat it in the soup but there's only ever a few little pieces, maybe four little cube.

I've also had it deep fried which is better for texture, but overall I'm just not a fan

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Hot pancakes off the grill ( storebought) with butter and a Mug o' Barry's!

I've had miso with sushi, & I do eat it in the soup but there's only ever a few little pieces, maybe four little cube.

I've also had it deep fried which is better for texture, but overall I'm just not a fan

That's as much as I'd ever eat too. It tastes of nothing to me.

• Advertisement

After eating spicy yesterday i skipped breakfast and had a coffee on the go.
    The houmous and bread for lunch.
    My appetite will ve back later and i will make a small feast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Two slices of toast, three poached eggs and a coffee. Now stretching on the couch with another coffee contemplating what to make for dinner. Steak pieces out defrosting, so likely either a stew or a curry, I'm veering towards the curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Stretched on the couch here too watching The Good Life after a beef salad crusty bun and a mug of Bovril.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Just made a reuben for lunch, an apple and a mug of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

A courier arrived at my apartment only 20 minutes ago with a most pleasant surprise from Ireland. A very dear friend sent me a selection of Irish cheeses from the good folks at Sheridan's cheesemongers. So we will be having Irish cheese, cured meats, and German bread later on this evening.

531149.jpg

Stretched on the couch here too watching The Good Life after a beef salad crusty bun and a mug of Bovril.

Wow oldschool:pac:

Cup of tea & the leftovers of a huge almond bakewell I had earlier

Spuds lamb and celery
    Side of tzatiki or taziatiki
    Anyway, here is a snap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

After a terrible dinner from a guest. I'm drowning the taste with a Brandy neat.

After a terrible dinner from a guest. I'm drowning the taste with a Brandy neat.

:D:D

Note to self: never cook for a chef!

:D:D

Note to self: never cook for a chef!

I am not that hard to please with foods. But using Turkey Gravy in a beef dish just left me confused and a bad after taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 erada

A tomahawk steak bought in LIDL in Aug and accompanied with organic beetroot from the same place. Lovely.

Salted peanuts. I'm addicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Salted peanuts. I'm addicted.

Honey roasted peanuts from Lidl are the bizz.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mashed potatoes and mince :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Mashed potatoes and mince :)

Is it just cooked mince mixed with mashed potatoes?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Beef & 3-bean chili. With cheese, onions, and jalapenos.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Is it just cooked mince mixed with mashed potatoes?

Cooked mince with an onion, red pepper and a small can of garden peas :) It was delicious :)

Now ice cream

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Cooked mince
    Yo sport. First second I read this it appeared to be cooked mice. Slaps head. Brain fog me. :pac:

Cooked mince with an onion, red pepper and a small can of garden peas :) It was delicious :)

Ooh savoury mince. I haven't had that In years. I'd swap the peppers for carrots though:).

What did you use for the sauce?

I remember years ago buying the savoury mince seasoning pack from Schwartz, & it was VILE beyond belief.
    I've boycotted the whole company ever since & I won't even buy their dried herbs because of that incident

• Advertisement

Puts out hot spicy chili flames with iced coke.

Advertisement