Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Southern fried breaded fish with mixed frozen veg and sweet potato fries. Surprisingly nice.
    I now have a serious craving for a glass of Sauvignon Blanc but I’ve drank every day since Friday :(

**** it, go on and have a glass! You only live once!!

I'm having a lazy dinner of frozen wedges and chicken goujans from the takeaway downstairs. Dont know why I didn't just order wedges from there too instead of trying to time it.

I really want a cold frosty beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Fathom wrote: »
    Latte

I will have to fatten you up,lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Porklife wrote: »
    **** it, go on and have a glass! You only live once!!

I'm having a lazy dinner of frozen wedges and chicken goujans from the takeaway downstairs. Dont know why I didn't just order wedges from there too instead of trying to time it.

I really want a cold frosty beer!

No beer for you and ya know why! But yea, you should've ordered everything from the takeaway! That said, I got an early Christmas pressie today and it does wedges and goujons in 15 minutes that taste great!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

bassy wrote: »
    skinny :D
    Yo bassy. Used to be athletic weight. That was before a bad dose of COVID. Survived. Skinny as you say. Slowly recovering. Cheers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

I will have to fatten you up,lol.
    Yo Alejandro. Toned muscle please. Not fat. :cool:

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Irish stew :)
    Yum! With Guinness to sip.

Yo Alejandro. Toned muscle please. Not fat. :cool:

You will just have to workout extra hard for the good meals,lol.

You will just have to workout extra hard for the good meals,lol.
    Months ago I did Alejandro. Team competitions. Now gradual with PT help. No fast food. Plenty fruits & veggies. Salmon (yum) and grass fed beef. Meats round 10 percent diet (although I sometimes cheat). Love pastas, too. Vine and beer in moderation. Never smoked or vaped, nor will I. I know. Now boring me. :(

Months ago I did Alejandro. Team competitions. Now gradual with PT help. No fast food. Plenty fruits & veggies. Salmon (yum) and grass fed beef. Meats round 10 percent diet (although I sometimes cheat). Love pastas, too. Vine and beer in moderation. Never smoked or vaped, nor will I. I know. Now boring me. :(

Not boring but sounds like a solid diet. I wish I could say the same lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m afraid I found a tub of Ben and Jerry’s caramel chew chew in the freezer and it’s now being devoured :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Grandeeod wrote: »
    No beer for you and ya know why! But yea, you should've ordered everything from the takeaway! That said, I got an early Christmas pressie today and it does wedges and goujons in 15 minutes that taste great!

But ..but...but...:)
    Ohh your present sounds great, is it an airfryer?

Porklife wrote: »
    But ..but...but...:)
    Ohh your present sounds great, is it an airfryer?

Yea, its a fancy halogen light air fryer apparently. Ive only done chips in it so far but if it does the wedges and goujons like the old air fryer, then cool as its much bigger and I can cook for the Where'res thread.:D

Not boring but sounds like a solid diet. I wish I could say the same lol.
    Can't pig out during Thanksgiving holiday (over here). Partied once since COVID. Was dizzy after (more so than usual, ha!). So now in lock-step diet. Still wear mask. Social distance. Avoid groups indoors. Although probably have temp immunity. Studies suggest 3-months plague resistant. But... studies only "suggest." Idiot Trump refused to wear a mask for 4 months. That's pandemic leadership. :pac:

Sorry for rant folks. I'll focus on my latte. And your glorious food posts. Irish stew. Tummy growls.

I’m afraid I found a tub of Ben and Jerry’s caramel chew chew in the freezer and it’s now being devoured :D

Waste not want not is that the saying?lol

Ben and Jerry’s not in my diet plan. How unfair!

Ben and Jerry’s not in my diet plan. How unfair!

We can always make exceptions ;)

Glass of water

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

An orange, mango, passionfruit vit hit. Tastes exactly like a soft drink i grew up on in Spain/Portugal. Could be Sumol. Nice.

Runny fried egg on buttered wholewheat bread. Hash brown on the side. OJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,896 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Was treated to breakfast in bed this morning a ham, cheese, tomato and red onion breville with an americano.

It's one rough day outside, even the sheep are sheltering somewhere.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Late breakfast today..
    Tried my scrambled egg with some sriracha and guac.
    Was not disappointed.
    But will stick to avocado/poached
    Already planning dinner for tonight, think a trip to Lidl is in my near future

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Made a spicy tofu and curried veg w/rice
    Got the chance to use up the last of veg in kitchen and tried the organic tofu from lidl which cooked alot better than most ive tried.
    And well rice is rice, boil it and its white
    Heres a snap

Stuffed pork chops with mashed potatoes and broccoli :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,896 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

FFS, all day today I thought it was Friday. I says to herself early today "I'll do the dinner love".

I knew by the way they had to stifle the laughing when I called them in that they were expecting something other than fish, chips and peas. It took about 20 seconds of watching the two of them trying to not be caught laughing before I copped on.

"Dad you might be getting alzeimhers, but the dinner was still lovely"

"Thanks son."

I'm going to drink two bottles of wine here now to try and numb the mortification.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

We finally feel completely normal today, which is a massive victory.

Campylobacter is no joke... People get permanent IBS and Guillane-Barre syndrome from it. I'm glad we escaped unscathed :/

531083.jpg

We lived just so we could eat this game pie with cheesy baked potato skins and ratatouille.

FFS, all day today I thought it was Friday. I says to herself early today "I'll do the dinner love".

I knew by the way they had to stifle the laughing when I called them in that they were expecting something other than fish, chips and peas. It took about 20 seconds of watching the two of them trying to not be caught laughing before I copped on.

"Dad you might be getting alzeimhers, but the dinner was still lovely"

"Thanks son."

I'm going to drink two bottles of wine here now to try and numb the mortification.

Its defo Thursday RG:D

Decided on a traditional roast feed for today. No objections from the ladies. Roast beef, mashed spuds, a big roastie, mushy peas and beef gravy. Ms G couldn't even manage her big roastie.:D

I was rared on leather beef when we could afford a piece of beef. Heart breaking to think my mother bought it and then roasted the feck out of it so it was tough and chewy and awful. It wasn't until I could afford a carvery beef dinner as an adult that I learned how it should be cooked. Mrs G had similar memories of refusing to eat leather beef as a kid and being made to eat it the next day as punishment. A nasty Aunt apparently.:eek:

I'm having a beer. Please don't judge me.:D

Glass of water
    With a twist of lemon thanks sport. :cool:

Iced cold brew. Dark. Strong. Bite to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I was rared on leather beef when we could afford a piece of beef. Heart breaking to think my mother bought it and then roasted the feck out of it so it was tough and chewy and awful

Same in our house too. & my mam still 'attempts' to cook it to this day.

Actually I can't cook it myself either, so I just never bother buying it.

The gravy from roast beef is to die for though!

• Advertisement

The gravy from roast beef is to die for though!
    Yum!

Advertisement