Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Made all the pasta sauce last week, so today we could focus on the pasta... Spinach (from the garden) and ricotta cheese with tomatoes (garden) and mushrooms. Threw in a bit of leftover black pudding to the mix as well.
    522759.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Veggie mussaman with wholewheat noodles topped with nuts earlier... Really filling!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The shoulder chops from one of our own lambs were trimmed of the fat and made into a casserole by herself, no picture could do this meal justice. It was melt in the mouth.

A Double Decker and a small Crunchie from the freezer for dessert.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Got a chicken breast burger with chips and goujons followed by a rake of cans

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Lasagne and chips

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Tomato pesto from Lidl mixed with pasta,too tired for anything else.

I have to say also,some of the dishes from posters here are beautiful.They should open their own restaurants!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I have to say also,some of the dishes from posters here are beautiful.They should open their own restaurants!

What's the point when numbers are restricted and those in some counties are closed.:D

Roast potatoes, striploin steak, mashed turnip, peas and gravy.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    What's the point when numbers are restricted and those in some counties are closed.:D

Roast potatoes, striploin steak, mashed turnip, peas and gravy.
    That is true,but your now teasing with that dish!

Got a chicken breast burger with chips and goujons followed by a rake of cans

Post of the week here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Flatbread with melty cheese

...being lazy

Variety of bangers, mash, peas and gravy.

Yum yummy in my big tummy.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Variety of bangers, mash, peas and gravy.

Yum yummy in my big tummy.

Had something similar tonight. Clonakilty sausages, beans, chips and bread n butter. Cheap and cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

McFlurry

Homemade cheeseburger, chips, coleslaw, a bit of salad and the very first glass of homemade gorse wine.

Siphoned off a couple of bottles today, very impressed with it.

Plans are afoot for the upcoming blackberry harvest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Homemade cheeseburger, chips, coleslaw, a bit of salad and the very first glass of homemade gorse wine.

Siphoned off a couple of bottles today, very impressed with it.

Plans are afoot for the upcoming blackberry harvest.

Nice one, you're to be commended. We have big ambitions for a cider home brew but haven't quite worded out the ligistics yet :D

Walkers Crisps and KP dry roasted nuts mixed together in a bowl, A big bowl! A few bottles of Hop House whatever number it says on the bottle.:rolleyes: Sitting in the back garden watching my neighbours switch off lights and hit the hay. The cat is by my side waiting, hoping and wanting her supper. Milk first, but mixed down with water.

This has been a G and Cat presentation of what you can eat and drink, including your cat.:D

[QUOTE=Grandeeod;114310967]Walkers Crisps and KP dry roasted nuts mixed together in a bowl, A big bowl! A few bottles of Hop House whatever number it says on the bottle.:rolleyes: Sitting in the back garden watching my neighbours switch off lights and hit the hay. The cat is by my side waiting, hoping and wanting her supper. Milk first, but mixed down with water.

This has been a G and Cat presentation of what you can eat and drink, including your cat.:D[/QUOTE]

A bar of Cadburys Dairy Milk with that now and you have the ultimate 1990's hassle free nibble.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Fish, peas and potatoes for dinner

Made a mini grill for the girls earlier. Sausages, rashers, white pudding, beans, chips, with bread and butter. I had that for a late breakfast around 11.30am.:eek:

Suppin a few early ones now and will contemplate a takeaway later. Tomorrows classic dinner is already sorted.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A mug of hot chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Made a homemade salami pizza. Now its time for a few cans.

A bit of oven baked cod but that's it, no more chips now until next Friday...

A bit of oven baked cod but that's it, no more chips now until next Friday...

Two pieces?:eek: Savage!

Is that Young's frozen Cod fillets? Looks very like them. A go to easy fish dish in this house.

Two pieces?:eek: Savage!

Is that Young's frozen Cod fillets? Looks very like them. A go to easy fish dish in this house.

Just checked there, it's "The Fishmonger" brand from Aldi.

Grand and handy just throw it in the oven for twenty minutes.

You'd want the two pieces after a hard days work, shur they're only like big fish fingers.

Can you make spag bol without red wine? My old roomie had foodie rules, so I dunno, but I don't have anything like it in the house.

I have an (ugh) tin of tomatoes and paste that needs used up, and onions... hmmm, may have to experiment (wish me luck, it never ends well - last nights pancakes were a complete disaster - my kingdom for one wee cooking gene!)

Just checked there, it's "The Fishmonger" brand from Aldi.

Grand and handy just throw it in the oven for twenty minutes.

You'd want the two pieces after a hard days work, shur they're only like big fish fingers.

Same thing alright. Slightly smaller than Young's so you need two! Yeah handy fillets and versatile. The Aldi/Lidl version is just as good. Can have them with anything and you floated the boat on that plate of pleasure!

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Can you make spag bol without red wine? My old roomie had foodie rules, so I dunno, but I don't have anything like it in the house.

I have an (ugh) tin of tomatoes and paste that needs used up, and onions... hmmm, may have to experiment (wish me luck, it never ends well - last nights pancakes were a complete disaster - my kingdom for one wee cooking gene!)

Ah jaysus DB. A jar of pasta sauce? Less than a euro in most shops for a non brand. Red wine? Fook that. Not needed. But tinned tomatoes and tomato paste? I wouldn't recommend it as a sauce base for Spag Bol without lots of seasoning.

I'd give you my Kingdom for a cooking gene any day! Best of luck with it.

Ah jaysus DB. A jar of pasta sauce? Less than a euro in most shops for a non brand. Red wine? Fook that. Not needed. But tinned tomatoes and tomato paste? I wouldn't recommend it as a sauce base for Spag Bol without lots of seasoning.

I'd give you my Kingdom for a cooking gene any day! Best of luck with it.

ok, good to know, thanks Grandeeod! :o I do need to shop soon!

ah, you're kind, ta! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Roast chicken, stuffing, roast spuds, croquettee, carrots, sprouts and gravy, with some red wine.

Advertisement