Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Cheapo Aldi beers as it's a poor Wednesday night when I used to be able to afford a few pints with friends in the local. Wednesday night beers! Thankfully the local isn't open so I'm not embarrassed.:eek:

Having a Catch Bar. The bar that used to be made in Ireland and according to the wrapper is now made in Trinidad and Tobago under license from a company in Dublin. Oh well.

catch-bar-36-pieces-planetcandy-600x800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Cheapo Aldi beers as it's a poor Wednesday night when I used to be able to afford a few pints with friends in the local. Wednesday night beers! Thankfully the local isn't open so I'm not embarrassed.:eek:

Having a Catch Bar. The bar that used to be made in Ireland and according to the wrapper is now made in Trinidad and Tobago under license from a company in Dublin. Oh well.

catch-bar-36-pieces-planetcandy-600x800.jpg

I don't think anyone in Ireland was ever handed one of those bars back in the late 70's.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s0iMw0F7cU

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Fish chips and mushy peas here for dinner. Was treated to a ferrero rocher donut from offbeat by herself, was delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Was shopping this evening and it would have been too late to start cooking by the time I got home so picked up an Italian chipper on the way home. I had a cheeseburger and chips and ate it way too fast like I usually do. Very tasty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Chicken stir fry , lovely and healthy :)
    With homemade chips :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Potato and Leek soup and brown bread,with a smattering of butter.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Chicken stir fry , lovely and healthy :)
    With homemade chips :pac:

I bet the homemade chips were done in a deep fat fryer? Jaysus I miss it. Chicken stir fry Mam? What sauce and what veg. Indulge me and the thread. Spoil us! I couldn't give a feck if it was all out of a packet, just describe it!

I bet the homemade chips were done in a deep fat fryer? Jaysus I miss it. Chicken stir fry Mam? What sauce and what veg. Indulge me and the thread. Spoil us! I couldn't give a feck if it was all out of a packet, just describe it!

But of course with the deep fat fryer G , soo bad but so damned tasty , just as well I don't make chips every day of the week !

Chicken stir fry , haven't a clue what sauce reddish colour , little bit of heat , chicken red/yellow peppers , onions . Supervalue (Mulhalls) have it on offer this week , got a tray of it yesterday for €2 odd . Lots in it G , very tasty tbh , might get more tomorrow.

But of course with the deep fat fryer G , soo bad but so damned tasty , just as well I don't make chips every day of the week !

Chicken stir fry , haven't a clue what sauce reddish colour , little bit of heat , chicken red/yellow peppers , onions . Supervalue (Mulhalls) have it on offer this week , got a tray of it yesterday for €2 odd . Lots in it G , very tasty tbh , might get more tomorrow.

Deep fried chips and a stir fry from Mulhalls. Can't find a drool emoji! I was in there today and didn't see it or maybe didn't look. I was grabbing 3 sausage rolls for Mrs G and a bag of sausages and chips for me off the great deli counter. We sat at the back of All Books on a low wall having an outdoor picnic. We fed the scraps to the crows and got a dirty look from an eejit not far from us. She looked like a member of the Green Party.:D Its a decent oul town in the sun!

Deep fried chips and a stir fry from Mulhalls. Can't find a drool emoji! I was in there today and didn't see it or maybe didn't look. I was grabbing 3 sausage rolls for Mrs G and a bag of sausages and chips for me off the great deli counter. We sat at the back of All Books on a low wall having an outdoor picnic. We fed the scraps to the crows and got a dirty look from an eejit not far from us. She looked like a member of the Green Party.:D Its a decent oul town in the sun!

Ha , the first fridge on the left beside the fruit and veg G , even the fussy eater here ate it !
    They have a great deli don't they? Sitting on that wall was the perfect spot to enjoy the food and watch the world go by , I probably passed ye :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Ha , the first fridge on the left beside the fruit and veg G , even the fussy eater here ate it !
    They have a great deli don't they? Sitting on that wall was the perfect spot to enjoy the food and watch the world go by , I probably passed ye :eek:
    They have always had really tasty food.
    Haven't been in town since C19 kicked off, so due a visit.

About to have an ice cold Pepsi max, over salted my cooking earlier and very thirsty now.

Lamb chops with carrots, courgette and potatoes roasted in the oven. Nearly ready now.

Mashed spuds, mushy peas, croquettes and roast loin of pork. A splash of gravy on top. Absolutely delicious.

Having a few beers after that.

IMG-20200703-181140.jpg

Chips, cheese, peppercorn sauce, baby mushrooms and a steak medallion with crusty buttered bread.

There was a lot of driving done and a lot of thought went into this meal since the scrambled eggs at 8 this morning.

Chunky Kit Kat out of the freezer for dessert.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Having some Dada number 8 here, the chocolat one. Going down a treat.

Having some Dada number 8 here, the chocolat one. Going down a treat.

Had to Google that, chocolate and wine in one, sounds very nice.

Had to Google that, chocolate and wine in one, sounds very nice.

It was. Too nice. *crys into sleeve* :pac:

Big batch curry bubbling away. It'll be a while reducing yet. I'll get around 12 or 13 dinners out of it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

My diet has gone to sh1t since the lockdown. Weight piling on.

Microwaved chicken biryani from Lidl earlier and now a few beers from Aldi.

I'll be back on the fish and salads soon. Promise.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    My diet has gone to sh1t since the lockdown. Weight piling on.

Microwaved chicken biryani from Lidl earlier and now a few beers from Aldi.

I'll be back on the fish and salads soon. Promise.

I've flattened the curve a little over the last couple of weeks.

Still eating like a Lord, just burning off more of the calories and being a tad more careful now with desserts.

Jaysus the last four months I was eating and drinking like a man on death row that was working unsupervised in the prison kitchen.

Sipping a blackcurrant flavored vodka now with crushed ice, all about the discipline.

Stay strong, stay safe.

• Advertisement

Home made chicken korma with chips and peas.

Home made chicken korma with chips and peas.

I may have gotten a little erect... :D

I may have gotten a little erect... :D

Doesn't' take much to excite you then.

I was joking man...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

No need for that.

Anyway, homemade popcorn and Lidl beer. Living it up.

I was joking man...

I wasn't.

I wasn't.

Fair enough. I couldn't give a sh!te what you were at.

Fair enough. I couldn't give a sh!te what you were at.

And we both agree on something.

And we both agree on something.

Does someone need a cuddle...aw poor nobody :D

• Advertisement

Does someone need a cuddle...aw poor nobody :D

You are going to result to that ****?Did I hurt your feelings?

Advertisement