Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Just had smoked west Cork fish cakes with homemade chips and garden peas. It was very tasty. Some Cork heads might know the brand. It's the fresh fish deli co. Their haddock goujons are lovely aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,830 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Round 2 with the gratin potatoes with an ol' sirloin, only fit for the couch and Netflix now.

It's a hard knock life.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Poached eggs on brown soda bread .

I'm doing one of those student college-dinners that are cheap and surprisingly tasty. Chickpea curry, where you cook garlic and onion in oil, plop on a can of tomoatoes with lemon and cumin and curry powder, add chickpeas, and dish-up with rice and yoghurt.

Replace the chickpeas with chicken or even prawns. Lovely hurling.

Just had smoked west Cork fish cakes with homemade chips and garden peas. It was very tasty. Some Cork heads might know the brand. It's the fresh fish deli co. Their haddock goujons are lovely aswell.

I get fish delivered from Star Seafoods, it is absolutely gorgeous, they've just added new locations around the country for delivery, check them out.

I've mince defrosted so I'm doing homemade burgers and chips whenever they're all home from training and that will probably be after 10pm ,might have a sauvignon while I'm waiting.

• Advertisement

I get fish delivered from Star Seafoods, it is absolutely gorgeous, they've just added new locations around the country for delivery, check them out.

Thanks Duvet I definitely will.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Just had a few salt and vinegar rice cakes. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Kit Kat dark mint bar

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

branie2 wrote: »
    Kit Kat dark mint bar

Have a few of these. Very nice.

kit-kat-senses-hazelnut-24x30g-600x800.jpg

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Have a few of these. Very nice.

kit-kat-senses-hazelnut-24x30g-600x800.jpg

Great minds think alike.

These have been patiently waiting for the Rolo's to run out.

They will be frozen and will be the selection from which the 2nd course as of and from tomorrow evening is chosen.

It's a biscuit, it's a bar...

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement

Not long finished pork chop, mashed potatoes and carrots and peas. I inhaled it I ate it that fast as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

I'm having my 3rd bombay gin while the honey and mustard ribs are melting away in the oven, to be consumed with very smooth, salty, buttery colcannon.

For desert , as requested by a 10yo lady, we will be having mashed banana and cream covered in a worrying amount of cadburys flake.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Not long finished pork chop, mashed potatoes and carrots and peas. I inhaled it I ate it that fast as usual.

I've been eating a lot of pork chops recently, for the first time in years (most of my diet is usually vegetarian or fish).

I've noticed huge differences in quality. Didn't like the lidl ones at all; skinny, fatty ugh.

The ones from Aldi I like, as they have less fat and thicker. Medallions. Wasn't a fan of the tesco ones either.

Is there anywhere that sells free range pork chops? I don't want to be supporting poor conditions for the piggies.

Slow roasted a piece of Bacon today and I'm having a few slices with Mash and mushy peas. I'm in a mushy peas mood lately as sick of garden peas. I may pour some cheeky gravy over the bacon or just rely on the peas.:D

Wednesday night beers so have a guess.

I'm having my 3rd bombay gin while the honey and mustard ribs are melting away in the oven, to be consumed with very smooth, salty, buttery colcannon.

For desert , as requested by a 10yo lady, we will be having mashed banana and cream covered in a worrying amount of cadburys flake.

There are times when you have to wonder does life get any better?

Enjoy every moment Four Phucs Ache.

Good food, good drink and great company what more could anyone want?

Treated myself to a fry up this morning. A couple of sausages and rashers, egg and white pudding with buttery toast. All washed down with a cold glass of OJ.

Gonna walk it off now.:D

Have spuds, carrots and courgette roasting away in the oven. Just olive oil salt and chopped rosemary added. I'll be frying minted leg of lamb steaks about five minutes before they're ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Toasted Ham and cheese sandwich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Egg fried rice with Chicken curry from the local.Couldn't be arsed to cook today.

A variety of things cooked this evening. Mrs G went for a chicken wrap, salad and spicy wedges. Some sweet chili sauce if required. I roasted a nice piece of bacon and Ms G opted for that with mash and gravy. The balance will make great sandwiches or another dinner tomorrow. I have some (not yet cooked) chicken satay for later. Sure WTF else would I be doing!

IMG-20200713-173230.jpg

• Advertisement

Looks the business, we've got a set of those black and white handled knives too Grandeeod, they're a grand job.

We gave the young lad his choice of what our dinner would be this evening so we had homemade cheeseburgers with chips, beans, coleslaw and salad. He had a cold can of coke and we had a glass of sulphur free, organic, Cabernet Sauvignon from Aldi which I will be buying a lot more of and can highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Lovely home cooked fish, chips and peas for dinner tonight, and tarter sauce. can't have the fish and chips without tarter sauce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Grilled Bratwurst with a few peppers and sauerkraut, a cold beer as a side.

Men versus Indian food this evening, chicken jalfrezi, chicken tikka masala, pilau rice, onion bhajis, naan bread and a few Irish chips thrown in for good measure.

The work was hard and the banter was good today and it all lead up to this epic meal that comes in a box from Tesco.

Food beat me but I enjoyed the battle immensely, the young fella cleaned his plate and has the bragging rights that he obviously worked harder than me today.

I'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

McFlurry :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Keema curry

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/indian-beef-keema-carrots-potatoes

My spices (just a curry powder mix) has become really bitter! I don't think I burnt it, as I added liquid very quickly after adding it.

It's getting a bit better now, leaving it simmer for a while.

Why does this bitterness happen? I'll never be able to cook a curry :(

(perhaps I'm burning the garlic?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Keema curry

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/indian-beef-keema-carrots-potatoes

My spices (just a curry powder mix) has become really bitter! I don't think I burnt it, as I added liquid very quickly after adding it.

It's getting a bit better now, leaving it simmer for a while.

Why does this bitterness happen? I'll never be able to cook a curry :(

(perhaps I'm burning the garlic?)

I just looked at that receipe. It has you cooking the beef on a high heat.
    Are you cooking the onions and garlic on a high heat too? I would drop the heat to medium or even low if it's suggesting that you cook onions, gallic and ginger for 8 minutes and then add spices.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Its a tea and biscuits kinda day!

Homemade chicken kiev, a first time effort and she knocked it out of the park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Cheeseburger and chips, and a glass of red wine for dinner

Advertisement