Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

Perhaps this will cause some foodies here to squirm, but I've just cooked the family a spinach + ricotta tortellini from Aldi which you just stick in the pot and boil, and it was delicious. I think it costs about a euro per packet (yes, they come in packets). Just mix-in some pesto and add parmesan and seasoning, my Christ. Lovely.

Not the most creative supper, but quick and cheap and tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I'm currently awaiting a Kebab Box from my favorite place. Its taking too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,080 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Perhaps this will cause some foodies here to squirm, but I've just cooked the family a spinach + ricotta tortellini from Aldi which you just stick in the pot and boil, and it was delicious. I think it costs about a euro per packet (yes, they come in packets). Just mix-in some pesto and add parmesan and seasoning, my Christ. Lovely.

Not the most creative supper, but quick and cheap and tasty.

There are no Foodies here. The thread is honest and about what you are eating. Delighted you enjoyed your nosh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Foodies me arse, all basic stuff here you Tyrant.

I had two worms and two potatoes, luckily the wife had some honey, garlic and lemon to add.

Washed down with a chilled bottle of Cold Dark Heart from Aldi.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A lovely toasted ham, cheese, tomato, onion toasted sandwich with homemade chips. Presently consuming a nice cold bottle of Carlsburg from the fridge.

• Advertisement

GoneHome wrote: »
    A lovely toasted ham, cheese, tomato, onion toasted sandwich with homemade chips. Presently consuming a nice cold bottle of Carlsburg from the fridge.

You can't bate the homemade chips.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

A striploin steak, fried onions and chunky chips. No need for any sauce as the juice from the steak did the trick. A cheapo Carling lager for the wash down. Aint bad.

Cottage Pie, extra gravy and potato croquettes. A couple of slices of bread and butter to mop the leftovers up. A skinny 7-up to be followed by a few bottles of Miller.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A skinny 7-up to be followed by a few bottles of Miller.

I could never take to the Miller, find it has a very "watery" type of texture, saying that I see some great deals for it in the supermarket when I'm doing the beer shop

I could never take to the Miller, find it has a very "watery" type of texture, saying that I see some great deals for it in the supermarket when I'm doing the beer shop

On the road tomorrow GH so taking it handy. Bought a case of 20 bottles for 17 quid in Supervalu a while back. Ice cold from the fridge and by the neck. I'm old enough to remember when it was a trendy long neck and then appeared on draught.:eek: It's ordinary and easy though.:D

• Advertisement

On the road tomorrow GH so taking it handy. Bought a case of 20 bottles for 17 quid in Supervalu a while back. Ice cold from the fridge and by the neck. I'm old enough to remember when it was a trendy long neck and then appeared on draught.:eek: It's ordinary and easy though.:D

That's 85 cents for a refreshing bottle of cold beer that would cost about a fiver in a pub.

Where would ya be going without a bell on your bike?

That's 85 cents for a refreshing bottle of cold beer that would cost about a fiver in a pub.

Where would ya be going without a bell on your bike?

Gotta admit RG, the pub is looking very unappealing to me in the medium term. I was a twice a week chap and every second/third week the missus joined me. We don't miss it at all. We've had great nights in over the last few months with great grub too. Our local opens tomorrow for food and drink. We won't be anywhere near it.

Another bottle.:D

Gotta admit RG, the pub is looking very unappealing to me in the medium term. I was a twice a week chap and every second/third week the missus joined me. We don't miss it at all. We've had great nights in over the last few months with great grub too. Our local opens tomorrow for food and drink. We won't be anywhere near it.

Same as that Grand, we've no notion to be rushing back to the pub, f$%k it with all these rules and regulations it's going to ruin the whole experience, we're as well off at home

Same here, I used to usually stop for a pint after work but would be home for my dinner at 6 without fail and never go back out again in the evening so the lock down hasn't really changed our routine.

I missed the chat with my friends more than the pint but the last week or so I've called to a few of their houses now that things have become a bit safer. It's a better quality chat than you could have in the pub.

We have gotten more into the home cooking than we ever were and surprised ourselves with what we can do when we have the time.

I think the pubs and restaurants are after peaking in Ireland and will have to either adapt quickly to the new circumstances or die a slow death.

Some of them were losing the run of themselves anyway so it's no harm to soften their cough.

I missed the chat with my friends more than the pint

You've hit the nail on the head there RG, that's what we've missed also, and I don't think it will go back to that for months yet unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ben and Jerry’s ice cream Baked Alaska, the ice cream is on offer at the moment :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Ben and Jerry’s ice cream Baked Alaska, the ice cream is on offer at the moment :D

Which supermarket, quick......

Which supermarket, quick......

Centra ;)

Autosport wrote: »
    Centra ;)

I had to settle for an Iceberger, good enough but yours sounds better, it's on tomorrows shopping list

I had to settle for an Iceberger, good enough but yours sounds better, it's on tomorrows shopping list

It’s only some flavours so make sure to check the prices

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Pork chops, I just rubbed smoked paprika on them, green beans with tomato salsa and lentils.

IMG-20200629-005030.jpg

Added fried onions and garlic in the oil.

The tomato salsa was from lidl, just like 90c or so. Worth it for a thing to add.

Pan frying a nice bit of Sirloin to be served with sauteed mushrooms, szechuan sauce and chips.

IMG-20200629-172838.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

A couple of McGargles IPA and some green right now, before I might do a repeat of yesterday's pork chop with green beans and tomato salsa.

I thought it was a nice quick combo.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    A couple of McGargles IPA and some green right now, before I might do a repeat of yesterday's pork chop with green beans and tomato salsa.

I thought it was a nice quick combo.

I salute the McGargles choice. As a lager drinker, their Franks lager is a nice sup. A repeat of a great dinner is always good. I do it regularly.

Went out for dinner this evening and it was so nice to be served my dinner and no washing up to do afterwards :) Cod and mashed potatoes and chocolate brownie and ice cream for dessert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Pasta, pesto + garlic bread = over eating :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Pasta, pesto + garlic bread = over eating :pac:

Feck it! I'm off to Lams and Egans. Extra garlic in the takeaway! More excitement!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Feck it! I'm off to Lams and Egans. Extra garlic in the takeaway! More excitement!

Ooh enjoy !

I must remember to get a menu from there soon !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Mug of hot chocolate

• Advertisement

Beef in Garlic and Chilli, Fried Rice and Chips. Two large bottles of Erdinger. Tuesday nights may have returned to a new normal for some, but I'll enjoy this particular normal for now. Totally unplanned. I was gonna have a toasted special with chips and blackcurrent. Oh well!

Advertisement