Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive price increases after brexit

Options
  • 21-09-2018 7:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

I can guarantee you that everything will increase massively. Even now our current prices are so much higher than prices in the UK so you end up buying half of the things from ebay or amazon as otherwise you're forced to pay 3 times the price compared to UK products. Most of our imports are from UK so 90% of the things will increase heavily in price after the outside EU tax. Just like buying from USA, you pay $100 on a $300 item just for taxes. UK leaving is going to crash Ireland. Should have joined the UK or colonized the world. I'm moving to the UK in a few months permanently and I'll laugh at you all when the UK doesn't babysit and support you anymore. You're gonna cry about how the evil overlord ain't protecting you anymore. Good luck, you'll definitely need it. This is what happens when you rely on someone else for life support

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Nobody can guarantee shyt about Brexit as nobody has any clue about an of it from what I can see.

Headless chickens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

And what about the bbc?! Has anyone thought about what will happen when we won’t be able to watch the bbc?! :eek::mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Mrhuth

mad muffin wrote: »
    And what about the bbc?! Has anyone thought about what will happen when we won’t be able to watch the bbc?! :eek::mad::(

That will be the least of your worries, you'll sing a different tune when you're paying 30% more for any goods coming from the uk which is a lot. Go around your house and see how many goods are manufactured in uk and distributed in Ireland, you'll be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

Mrhuth wrote: »
    I can guarantee you that everything will increase massively. Even now our current prices are so much higher than prices in the UK so you end up buying half of the things from ebay or amazon as otherwise you're forced to pay 3 times the price compared to UK products. Most of our imports are from UK so 90% of the things will increase heavily in price after the outside EU tax. Just like buying from USA, you pay $100 on a $300 item just for taxes. UK leaving is going to crash Ireland. Should have joined the UK or colonized the world. I'm moving to the UK in a few months permanently and I'll laugh at you all when the UK doesn't babysit and support you anymore. You're gonna cry about how the evil overlord ain't protecting you anymore. Good luck, you'll definitely need it. This is what happens when you rely on someone else for life support

Yes living in the UK will just be wonderful after a no deal Brexit. You are correct that the prices of British goods will rise which will mean countries like Ireland will import far less.

wellwhynot wrote: »
    Yes living in the UK will just be wonderful after a no deal Brexit. You are correct that the prices of British goods will rise which will mean countries like Ireland will import far less.

Ireland relies on UK. Think or Ireland as a child inside a woman's womb. UK is the mother and if she dies, so does the child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Well you seem lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭Tow

I'm moving to the UK in a few months permanently and I'll laugh at you all when the UK doesn't babysit and support you anymore.

Just in time to pick up a few properties at the right price. In reality, if the UK becomes non competitive to export we will import from the Main Land.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Good luck in your British nirvana Mrhuth, you are going to need it :rolleyes:

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,292 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ireland relies on UK. Think or Ireland as a child inside a woman's womb. UK is the mother and if she dies, so does the child.

Plenty of other EU countries we can import from. We're not obliged to help the UK.

Supercell wrote: »
    Good luck in your British nirvana Mrhuth, you are going to need it :rolleyes:

Britain will always survive, like it did through history. Ireland now is a different story, economic crash after economic crash. Always massively up and massively down. There is not balance whatsoever. A housing crisis in a country with extremely low population and population density.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Don’t let the door hit you on the arse on the way out....

Omfg!!! Just realised!!! Wtf is going to happen with the Amazon?! Wtf countries Amazon are we going to use after brexit?!?!?!...

Don’t let the door hit you on the arse on the way out....

Of course I won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Looks like you’re already preparing for this by asking for other people’s scraps!
    So, I was eating at a restaurant and have seen a group of people beside me leave their plates half full. I was still hungry after eating my food and I was wondering if it's normal or if someone else has asked for their food to be put in a take away bag and brought home. Would save me some coin if I could take the untouched part of the food which otherwise would be thrown away and wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Omfg!!! Just realised!!! Wtf is going to happen with the Amazon?! Wtf countries Amazon are we going to use after brexit?!?!?!...

Maybe shop local? Support the local retailers. If you don't , don't moan when they're gone.

Maybe shop local? Support the local retailers. If you don't , don't moan when they're gone.

They can go, ****ing price gougegers **** them.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Looks like you’re already preparing for this by asking for other people’s scraps!

And?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Amazon.de is already cheaper to use than the U.K. site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

I'm moving to the UK in a few months permanently...

Is there any way we can expedite the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

And?

The lens that you look at life through is quite different to most people.

• Advertisement

dav3 wrote: »
    Is there any way we can expedite the process?

For sure, wire some credit to my account. I'll send you my IBAN.

Refute my points. What you wrote has nothing to do with the current topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Cool story bro!

For something yes but for most it’s the same price or more expensive. Especially when you need to pay for shipping. Plus it takes longer to deliver.

Not really.

Cool story bro!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭raxy

Now now, I'm sure he has in depth research and expert analysis to back up all his claims & figures.
    He might revise it slightly when he realises Amazon from Germany, France or even Italy offer better value than the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

So you reckon moving to the UK where NOBODY has a clue what's ahead of them post Brexit is the way to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

That will be the least of your worries, you'll sing a different tune when you're paying 30% more for any goods coming from the uk which is a lot. Go around your house and see how many goods are manufactured in uk and distributed in Ireland, you'll be surprised.

If only there were other countries in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Can we still use parcel motel ?

Advertisement