Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Misinformation?

Both myself and conor brought this up, and you never responded.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I'm adding Conor to my FFA as I find the timing of his exit after Jeff missed his kill suspect. It's largely a gut reaction but I actually trust that more than the other 2 on my FFA so Conor is my vote as things stand.

If I'm free after putting the kids down later I'll do some post analysis on him as well.

Ah Gabriel, you were edging from my naughty to nice list before this. :P I literally was walking out the door when Wendy posted and I reacted. The good thing about being a NRV is not having to over-analyse everything I post before I post it.

I'm still not sure what to think about Wendy's reveal. Rereading required.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Both myself and conor brought this up, and you never responded.

Fill me in

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Well I'm glad the FFAs aren't being gamed today anyways.

Jesus Christ. Cyan. Oh no. Hope I don't get upgraded to burgundy.

Imronburgundy.jpg

Why are you glad after stating earlier you wanted everyone to submit an FFA.

I wouldnt call you backtracking, but you have changed your tune.

Doris WW wrote: »
    Fill me in

I posted this about your reading of Moriarty peeks:
    Conor WW wrote: »
    Just catching up on the mornings events. RIP Mary, hopefully you were a good one and not John Watson - can't imagine the Mods giving a clue like that away but they have been big on puzzles so only 90% confident in that.

To clarify the Moriarty thing I noticed Doris said this:

but the updated OP says:

I read this to mean that Moriarty is evil seer not that he needs to be peaked twice to read as evil.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Tegan WW wrote:
    Why are you glad after stating earlier you wanted everyone to submit an FFA.

I'm saying his FFA is a joke and if there was ever one that could be gaming the system it's his 6 person FFA with no discernable tiering of who he suspects.

From Conor
    Desmond WW wrote: »
    From Me

Use the blue arrows to go back and read these two posts.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

I posted this about your reading of Moriarty peeks:

Ah i see. I thought it meant he was an alpha and needed two peeks to appear as evil.

I'm saying his FFA is a joke and if there was ever one that could be gaming the system it's his 6 person FFA with no discernable tiering of who he suspects.

Then just say it, dont beat around the bush.

Say what you feel............Brad Goodman style

giphy.gif

6 person?

FFA's are not supposed to have a preference, ever. I was just making sure nobody assumed preference by the order the were listed in.

• Advertisement

Tegan WW wrote:
    Then just say it, dont beat around the bush.

Are you kidding me right now?
    Desmond WW wrote:
    FFA's are not supposed to have a preference, ever. I was just making sure nobody assumed preference by the order the were listed in.

So tell me. If we are collating the FFAs which of the people you named should go into it? Because I can't really tell who you suspect from what you posted.

Ok in fairness it was 4 people not 6.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Possibly being naïve but I got the feeling from Orla and Gabriel that they were genuine villagers trying to sort out how best to organise the village.

I'd agree.

And if I'm honest, I'd rather not off people who are actually, ya know, participating and organizing.

There's a chance they are wolves leading people down garden paths, but if they are appearing to contribute, I'd rather not lynch them day one. I'd way rather hit someone who is super fluffy or not being "leaders".

#FFA1

Wendy: Has ignored questions and the Jeff Hope thing. I'm suspicious.

Liam: Low poster that hasn't really contributed much and focused on just one suspect.

Tegan: Harder to pin down. Gut instinct on this one, but her posts have been bothering me. Having a re-read to see what it is that's niggling.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

While reading back and trying to understand the game, this post of Nigel's from yesterday evening helped me a bit with the clues mechanic.

I can see that Conor solved the puzzle this morning, but from my searching it seems Nigel was the first to link the letters in 'did you miss me' to an amount of corpses.

Bear in mind, I may have missed something as I am getting sent down different search rabbitholes while I catch-up with the game.
    Nigel WW wrote: »
    Eerily similar to the "did you miss me" burned in to the corpses!!

So the phrase has 12 letters. 10 of the corpses have one letter burned in to their left eyelid, and one has two letters burned in to each eyelid, so:
    1st - D
    2nd - I
    3rd - D & Y
    4th - O
    5th - U
    6th - M
    7th - I
    8th - S
    9th - S
    10th - M
    11th - E

So, something about the letters DY - a character's initials? The initials of a couple?

Assuming the wolves already know their powers, that is a village or SK move from Nigel. Sure, a wolf could be helpful villager, but this is nearly a little too helpful to the village and detrimental to the wolves.

Assuming the wolves don't know their full powers and have to solve the clues just like the rest of us, well then that could be a wolf move from Nigel.

What was the info revealed once that IOU puzzled was solved? Was it that Moriarty has 2 peeks? If so, I can't imagine the alpha/wolves having to discover that power for themselves. Sure if no one solved the puzzle, Moriarty could go the whole game without getting his 2 peeks. No, it just doesn't make sense to me that the wolves would have to solve clues to find out/unlock their powers.

While I can't lean good on them because of the SK factor, for the moment I don't suspect Nigel or Conor as wolves because of their work in solving that puzzle.

Are you kidding me right now?

So tell me. If we are collating the FFAs which of the people you named should go into it? Because I can't really tell who you suspect from what you posted.

You couldn't tell that I suspect Doris as equally as I suspect Katie, and how I equally suspect that 1 of you and clodagh could be a wolf, but not both. I thought that was obvios from my ffa. :confused:

#FFA1

Liam: Low poster that hasn't really contributed much and focused on just one suspect.

Tegan: Harder to pin down. Gut instinct on this one, but her posts have been bothering me. Having a re-read to see what it is that's niggling.

Re-read and come back. Im an open book. Im not a very good book though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

#FFA1

I've ignored nothing as far as I'm aware. If you think I have, ask it now.

Ok..again, what were you talking about with the arsonist role Wendy?

Eva WW wrote:
    While I can't lean good on them because of the SK factor, for the moment I don't suspect Nigel or Conor as wolves because of their work in solving that puzzle.

I kind of feel like they did the donkey work and then let someone else take the glory though. Id lean more towards them seeming like helpful villagers in that regard.

• Advertisement

Desmond WW wrote:
    You couldn't tell that I suspect Doris as equally as I suspect Katie, and how I equally suspect that 1 of you and clodagh could be a wolf, but not both. I thought that was obvios from my ffa.

Are you ever going to directly answer a question I ask you?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

was it ever established if there were 4 or 5 in hospital? cos 1 way or another someone was lying

Katie WW wrote:
    was it ever established if there were 4 or 5 in hospital? cos 1 way or another someone was lying

What do you mean?

Katie WW wrote: »

Huh?

Eva WW wrote: »
    While reading back and trying to understand the game, this post of Nigel's from yesterday evening helped me a bit with the clues mechanic.

I can see that Conor solved the puzzle this morning, but from my searching it seems Nigel was the first to link the letters in 'did you miss me' to an amount of corpses.

Bear in mind, I may have missed something as I am getting sent down different search rabbitholes while I catch-up with the game.

Assuming the wolves already know their powers, that is a village or SK move from Nigel. Sure, a wolf could be helpful villager, but this is nearly a little too helpful to the village and detrimental to the wolves.

Assuming the wolves don't know their full powers and have to solve the clues just like the rest of us, well then that could be a wolf move from Nigel.

What was the info revealed once that IOU puzzled was solved? Was it that Moriarty has 2 peeks? If so, I can't imagine the alpha/wolves having to discover that power for themselves. Sure if no one solved the puzzle, Moriarty could go the whole game without getting his 2 peeks. No, it just doesn't make sense to me that the wolves would have to solve clues to find out/unlock their powers.

I get your perspective, but I think that while solving the clues gains the village info, it doesnt shed light on who the wolves are.

I agree the info, from a wolf POV, is better left unknown but wouldnt hurt them to help the village to gain brownie points.

IE if Nigel or Conor are wolves, which Im not saying they are, they have fooled you.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Desmond is the liar, clearly. He's the wolf.

Ok..again, what were you talking about with the arsonist role Wendy?

In a previous dream there was an Arsonist role, where they named player but they didn't die until the arsonist was killed, then they all burned together.

The hospitalising but not killing multiple players made me think of it as an idea but I can't make it match up based on what the hospitalised players have said.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

as an anti-FFA-er myself i'm suspicious of the people pushing it. it allows for the wolves to see where the wind is blowing and tailor their ffa's accordingly.

Either you cant read the words in this thread or you're just sowing confusion for the fun of it.

• Advertisement

Are you ever going to directly answer a question I ask you?

You'd be much better of doing what I say than doing what I do.

Advertisement