Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    If you can get them to do it.

And also.....most of your reads were blank. So you could very easily have sideskipped talking about your teammates, if you are furry.

Reads are null - not blank.

Depending on how they act, they'll move up or down the list next time I update it. Already there's been a few interesting developments.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Null / blank that's semantics. You have a neutral read on them which is the same as having no read.

Null / blank that's semantics. You have a neutral read on them which is the same as having no read.

You gave a read on THREE players.

Give me more reads and then call my reads list weak.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Hey, I didn't say my plan was perfect :(

It works on MU, they've never even heard of FFA so I can't see why it wouldn't work here?

I'm not knocking the readlists, I'm one of the few posters to actually do one in a game here.

I'm not saying it won't work here, but its a chaotic bunch and our NRVs are very rarely trusting of anything, look at when we do FFA's. If you're lucky, you'll get 75% participation. Then we collate them, stick them in a list and say "Your vote should only be for one of these 3 people" and about half the group will vote wherever they want anyways, it's super common to have 6 or 7 different people up for lynch.

Given the full readlists won't be collated into a "If you want to help the village vote here" list, I can see us having lynches with even more names as the few who would actually follow the FFAs Top 3 will just vote where they want.

Which is fine, I've no issue with people voting off FFA's or having a few people on the lynchsheet but calling for readlists and then following that up with wanting to use wagonomics is either trying to look helpful by posting new things and making sugesstions, or you didn't really think it through.

Given the game you can guess what I'm suspecting you of.

I didn't call it weak Tegan did!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    I had a bad feeling this might happen but tbh I am genuinely confused by who I'd even put on a list. Right now 3 different things have taken our attention and none of them seem to be resolved.

There are 4 people in the hospital. Which is the home of the SK. I'm assuming one of them is going to die but so far nothing has happened and I mean literally nothing as they all say they are not even affected by their hospital stay. Some seemed to suggest that being one of these four gives them a slight village lean but at best I'd say it makes them less likely to be SK but just as likely as anyone else to be bad (a wolf).

The day 0 tasks were analyzed and those who contributed to them being solved were also given a slight village lean but then almost immediately people floated that it might be a great way to ingratiate themselves with villagers and that Wolves could have had an advantage to complete these, working as a group behind closed doors.

Now Wendy claims to have survived a pill attack and while on the one hand that would be good news if true there is also nothing to back up this claim, and the pill story (and even the names she gave for the pills) which could be as suggested an obvious story to concoct (could even be a true lie by a wolf) to get inside a village core. Especially with an Adler on the loose that is dangerous.

How would Wendy WW know that Jeff could make up the names for the bottles, in her story?
    Mods say to wendy ww, here, you have gotten two bottle that jeff was allowed to name. he called them sherlock and watson, pick one, and you die, pick the other and you live and jeff can't use the pill for another day.

Why the need to tell the victum, that jeff could name the bottles whatever he wants.

tell me i need to take the tinfoil hat off.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

I didn't call it weak Tegan did!

What did I call weak?

Tegan WW wrote:
    What did I call weak?

Orlas reads. And your own actually.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Clodagh, made a post about Wendy, implying she had help writing a previous post. Now is that a villager rustling tress or a wolf throwing shade.

#FFA1

1.Clodagh

2.Orla

3. Winifred

Just rustling trees to see what falls out, I assure you.

I'm also curious about Wendy because she seems to be avoiding answering what she meant by arsonist in this post:
    Wendy WW wrote: »
    I'd be slightly worried the the hospitalisation fills the Arsonist role as the SK is Hospital based. 3 (or is it 4) people when it's not even Lynch day 1 seems like an awful lot of people waiting to die though.

Both Conor and I asked but she didn't respond. Also seems a bit convenient that shortly after being directly questioned by 2 different players, she's suddenly nearly been killed but only escaped with her life.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    How did I badger Liam?

Liam, do you feel I badgered you?

Buggeration of the free trader!

This is the post I’m referring to
    Can you tell us this now? before compiling the complete FFA. Just this one person, along with the wishywash reason.

Why are you chasing his single read when you’d previously been angling for full read lists over ffas?

• Advertisement

Orlas reads. And your own actually.

I stand by my words.

Its not a slight or a knock at Orla, its day 0/1 after all. I just dont see the point in her banging on about a read list with "all her reads" when 99 percent of them are nothing to write home about.

Anyways, as has been pointed out to me full readslists are extended FFAs essentially, so you collate as normal if you wish then vote for the top 2/3.

Reads lists are more trying to get more information out of players.

Wolves talking about the whole list of alive players as opposed to three hand picked ones means they have to talk about their team-mates. I don't see any downside to that.

I would disagree that they're extended FFA's tbh, I don't think slight leans and heavy leans are the same weighting as "These are my top 2/3 suspects", I wouldn't trust a list collated from readlists because I'd bastard the hell out of it as a wolf, twisting people's wording to move a certain player in or out of T3 would be managable imo.

You gave a read on THREE players.

Give me more reads and then call my reads list weak.

Id prefer quality over quanity my dear.

Quantity even

Id prefer quality over quanity my dear.

I gave reads on minimally 8/9 players.

On Day 1. Fair enough, do it your way, I was only trying something.

How would Wendy WW know that Jeff could make up the names for the bottles, in her story?
    Mods say to wendy ww, here, you have gotten two bottle that jeff was allowed to name. he called them sherlock and watson, pick one, and you die, pick the other and you live and jeff can't use the pill for another day.

Why the need to tell the victum, that jeff could name the bottles whatever he wants.

That’s actually not a bad point

Holly WW wrote: »
    I'm not knocking the readlists, I'm one of the few posters to actually do one in a game here.

I'm not saying it won't work here, but its a chaotic bunch and our NRVs are very rarely trusting of anything, look at when we do FFA's. If you're lucky, you'll get 75% participation. Then we collate them, stick them in a list and say "Your vote should only be for one of these 3 people" and about half the group will vote wherever they want anyways, it's super common to have 6 or 7 different people up for lynch.

Given the full readlists won't be collated into a "If you want to help the village vote here" list, I can see us having lynches with even more names as the few who would actually follow the FFAs Top 3 will just vote where they want.

Which is fine, I've no issue with people voting off FFA's or having a few people on the lynchsheet but calling for readlists and then following that up with wanting to use wagonomics is either trying to look helpful by posting new things and making sugesstions, or you didn't really think it through.

Given the game you can guess what I'm suspecting you of.

:( I can't but help being a deeply-flawed individual.

My intentions were honourable, I may just have married the two incorrectly, as has been pointed out.

I'll pipe down now and let others talk.

Test Post

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

You would have to ask Wendy but I never said Jeff made up the names. I said even the names of the pills, A Shelock & Watson pill, were kinda generic as would be the obvious story of Jeff using pills exactly as he did in the show. Which does not mean it would not be the case, infact it just means it's very believable

Do you know something Des? Does your backroom mate name his pills? Cos I said she gave them those names not Jeff which you have eluded to.

I would disagree that they're extended FFA's tbh, I don't think slight leans and heavy leans are the same weighting as "These are my top 2/3 suspects", I wouldn't trust a list collated from readlists because I'd bastard the hell out of it as a wolf, twisting people's wording to move a certain player in or out of T3 would be managable imo.

I think if you feel strongly about more than 3, sure give us that info.

We can use a top 3 from the list you gives us aka the ones you feel most strongly about.

• Advertisement

Test Post

Whats all this about?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

That....that's actually a really solid point.

I do see one possible explanation but I'd rather not give it currently, till Wendy responds.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    This is the post I’m referring to

Why are you chasing his single read when you’d previously been angling for full read lists over ffas?

So, your definition of badgering is asking somebody a question. He obliged, and answered that his suspicions are currently on abigail. Would you prefer if that suspicion remained off the thread?

How would you prefer I play this game? By not asking people questions?

Do you feel that I am badgering you at this moment in time?

I think if you feel strongly about more than 3, sure give us that info.

We can use a top 3 from the list you gives us aka the ones you feel most strongly about.

Preaching to the choir Tegan, I'm always advocating giving more info rather than less.

Boards has a bug where when a post starts a new page, you can't see that post until a second post has been made on that page. I saw a new post had been added by Orla, clicked into the thread and couldn't see it so figured it was on the next page. Posted quickly to see if that was the case.

Doris or Oisin have ye caught up yet? There's not that much thread

Preaching to the choir Tegan, I'm always advocating giving more info rather than less.

Boards has a bug where when a post starts a new page, you can't see that post until a second post has been made on that page. I saw a new post had been added by Orla, clicked into the thread and couldn't see it so figured it was on the next page. Posted quickly to see if that was the case.

Interesting. Is that on touch or full site? Can't say I've had that issue tbh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Where's the other 33.3% of your FFA?

You mention Orla in your ffa, sort of hinting that you want to include her, but don't. Why?

Can you see a winifred orla w/w team?

No, it's clearly Orla you and Gabby as w/w/w. Leading the village on a merry dance.

Peek me, I'll lead this village to glory.
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    Ok #ffa1,

Des: interesting posting style today. Seemed happy to stoke gab and orlas ffa arguement earlier, and seemed against ffa, wants full readlists but then badgers Liam to give his single pick. Not sure if it’s tunnelling or a loud wolf but it seems the world is wrong in everything

Winifred: odd, a really quick, cagey ffa then scarpered. The ffa is odd because it’s two of the three players shed linked earlier as wolves working together- the third was Mary, who is dead. Says she’ll be back after 6 so may have answers then

Liam: not really doing anything, just hovering around and being there. Just the right amount of memorable...

There are a few others who are similar to Liam. Clodagh and Abi stick out as not really saying anything or just speculating into the ether. That’s probably still ahead of a few posters who may as well not be here.

So, for having a job and not being able to post at work I'm suspicious? Thanks for basically saying you have no clue who to FFA.
    Well in response to our archangel Gabriel, to be fair to he(or she) I have been fairly on the fence thus far.

I’m trying to give everyone a fair crack before judging them too harshly and right now Im not sure how to read any players in a solid manner.

Take Derry for example, on one hand Derry seemed to be on the money with the clues, and was one of the first (if not the first) to come out with his hospitalisation reveal. To me that’s a nice village lean.

But on the other hand, players in this game are improving and wolves have to adapt to survive. Who’s to say Derry isn’t a wolf who is doing a fine job at looking good.

But its not just Derry, there’s others too.

Clodagh, made a post about Wendy, implying she had help writing a previous post. Now is that a villager rustling tress or a wolf throwing shade.

Wini – Her posts this morning seem too aggressive to be a wolf, but like Orla, am I being caught out her by a brazen wolf. I don’t know. Her absence after this morning's posts has struck me in a negative way.

Orla, posting all over the shop, from gifs, to aggressive and defensive come backs. Usually Id say that’s too crazy for a wolf to play on day 1, but on the other is saying maybe a wolf could be capable of playing in such a manner to avoid suspicion despite the risk at drawing attention to herself. Her Read list is very weak, which is fair since mine is too, but why go to the bother of it if its so weak. My gut says she’s good but I’ve been fooled before.

All play and any play can be seen as villager play or a wolf play. Its all subjective.

So maybe I have been on the fence a bit, but these are my choices for my FFA

#FFA1

1.Clodagh

2.Orla

3. Winifred

Once again, you FFA me for being silent.

Orla is a wolf, Desmond is a wolf.

Gabriel is probably a wolf, or a silly silly boy telling everyone he's NRV this early when if true he should be giving cover to the RVs.

This readslist stuff from Orla is crap, it's a smokescreen to act busy. Des is her coven buddy and I'm not gonna be suprised about Gabriel being a wolf/evil if that's the case.

I was wrong about Mary, so sue me.

Derry WW wrote: »

I do see one possible explanation but I'd rather not give it currently, till Wendy responds.

Don’t know if we’re on the same wavelength but one possibility occurred to me when I was looking back

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Derry WW wrote: »

I am not allowed to copy and paste the PM I got, but that was information contained in it. I don't know why the massage contained the info it did but I'm telling the village everything I know.

Again, I don't know why I was told Jeff wouldn't get to use his pills for one day. Maybe a way to verify I am telling the truth? It would make sense as a balance against the wolves getting a 50/50 kill every day.

• Advertisement

No, it's clearly Orla you and Gabby as w/w/w. Leading the village on a merry dance.

Peek me, I'll lead this village to glory.

So, for having a job and not being able to post at work I'm suspicious? Thanks for basically saying you have no clue who to FFA.

Once again, you FFA me for being silent.

Orla is a wolf, Desmond is a wolf.

Gabriel is probably a wolf, or a silly silly boy telling everyone he's NRV this early when if true he should be giving cover to the RVs.

This readslist stuff from Orla is crap, it's a smokescreen to act busy. Des is her coven buddy and I'm not gonna be suprised about Gabriel being a wolf/evil if that's the case.

I was wrong about Mary, so sue me.

What the AF? Jesus Winnie, you're so far this tunnel you're now asking to be peeked?

Come on, relax a bit at least. Jesus F'n Christ I need a break.

Advertisement