Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Christ Alisson is awful. Let in 2 soft goals that De Gea would never have let in. Back in he went, got Malcom so will keep belting away until I get a card I’m happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Alison is easily the worst keeper I've used.

God he's horrible.

ImANoob08 wrote: »

God he's horrible.

I know I subbed the useless cvnt after 30 minutes

Players playing in the champions league are going for crazy money already went to stock up and looked like I missed the boat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

God he's horrible.

He is my number one at moment can't fault him so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I hated Alison when I had his 85 OtW, sod should've been a boxer, punches everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Liamalone wrote: »
    I hated Alison when I had his 85 OtW, sod should've been a boxer, punches everything!

He is a puncher alright to be fair but with the last patch it isn't as dangerous because they all end up our side the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Players playing in the champions league are going for crazy money already went to stock up and looked like I missed the boat

Lyon and Schalke are still cheap, they’ll cover Barca and city matches.
    Both Bayern and Liverpool gone high.
    The thing is though, they’ll have the reverse of these fixtures for second leg and doubt they’ll use Bayern v Liverpool twice, so I’ve gone a lot heavier on Lyon and Schalke as they were cheapest to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Lyon and Schalke are still cheap, they’ll cover Barca and city matches.
    Both Bayern and Liverpool gone high.
    The thing is though, they’ll have the reverse of these fixtures for second leg and doubt they’ll use Bayern v Liverpool twice, so I’ve gone a lot heavier on Lyon and Schalke as they were cheapest to buy.

Who are you picking up from Lyon and Schalke?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

The cheapest rare is always the best bet for these. If they're near discard there's basically no risk.

• Advertisement

Got 25 each of sane and Rudy as both central positions and 81 rated, plus Rudy is German which could be a requirement.
    They were available at 900 about an hour ago when I bought.

Just picked up any Lyon players 800 or under, they were mostly Aouar but got a few defenders too, most of these were non rare which was riskier, stick to tousart for safety. The Bayern keeper is still available abou 1100 if you want to cover the Liverpool v Bayern game

Was looking at Marcelo from Lyon, Brazil is an easy nation to link and he's easy got ~1000. That's about his normal price anyway.

I'll have a look at Rudy now

Was looking at Marcelo from Lyon, Brazil is an easy nation to link and he's easy got ~1000. That's about his normal price anyway.

I'll have a look at Rudy now

Good shout, I’ll pick up a few once my market van goes,probably gone by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭polarbearhead

Has anyone tried the lineker 92 card?

Yeah, I’d def hold on goretzka.

If you have time, do the weekly objective for a otw player, if he’s rubbish then you can fire him into the sbc for another chance

yeah im gonna try finish this tonight have 5 of the 7 wins but was on a losing streak last night so played a little bit of Apex.

in fairness when i win Salah usually gets a goal for me so haven't really been trying to play through him, just giving him penos etc if he hasn't scored yet.

usually only play enough rivals games to get gold 3 for the mega packs so i dont burn out but this week is a bit more grindy with some of the objectives!

yeah im gonna try finish this tonight have 5 of the 7 wins but was on a losing streak last night so played a little bit of Apex.

in fairness when i win Salah usually gets a goal for me so haven't really been trying to play through him, just giving him penos etc if he hasn't scored yet.

usually only play enough rivals games to get gold 3 for the mega packs so i dont burn out but this week is a bit more grindy with some of the objectives!

Haha, yeah I’ve just given up on objectives like this. I hate the gameplay in rivals and use mon-thurs as a break from fifa, an occasional game here and there but need to switch off.
    Plus most of my good attacking players are special cards but not totw.
    It’s a very good reward but just don’t have time

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Been on a hell of a grind recently in a bid to improve my team. This is where I've got to do. I sub in Zlatan for Firmino at the start of each game.

The difference that De Bruyne and Pogba make to my team is immense.

Particularly De Bruyne. His shooting is so good on either foot.

z2fP37u.png

Anyone see any ways I can look to improve this lineup?

Is Zanetti tradeable? If so Marcelo would be the man

would moving pogba and fabiniho give you more chem on varane?

Also if your not using firminho and hes tradable swapping him with jesus might save some coins

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

wong wrote: »
    Been on a hell of a grind recently in a bid to improve my team. This is where I've got to do. I sub in Zlatan for Firmino at the start of each game.

The difference that De Bruyne and Pogba make to my team is immense.

Particularly De Bruyne. His shooting is so good on either foot.

z2fP37u.png

Anyone see any ways I can look to improve this lineup?

This might be an odd question, but why do you sub in a player at the start of the match? I see a lot of teams do this in WL, never understood why?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This might be an odd question, but why do you sub in a player at the start of the match? I see a lot of teams do this in WL, never understood why?

It’s a chemistry thing. If he starts with Slatan instead of the others, all the rest of the players round him will start off with worse chemistry.

Wing, hows Casemiro? Have been tempted to check him out as my next objective after I finish Butra.

I think luiz is worth the 300k. I’m going to be offloading Sanchez too but holding until his price creeps back up, all these sbc’s have caused prices to drop, hopefully when Sanchez gets the upgrade and these sbc’s have disappeared he’s going for 50 or 60k more
    Pyjamarama wrote: »
    He's crazy good value tbh. Like he's an elite cb option. On the market he'd prob be at least 600k

Ugh, ye are tempting me to put Butra aside for a week and do Luiz.

I'm wondering how he'd do as a 7 chem CDM. I have POTM Van Dijk and Prime Campbell so don't really need another CB, but at CDM, he'd let me play Flashback Alves too.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ugh, ye are tempting me to put Butra aside for a week and do Luiz.

I'm wondering how he'd do as a 7 chem CDM. I have POTM Van Dijk and Prime Campbell so don't really need another CB, but at CDM, he'd let me play Flashback Alves too.

Def do him, he’ll be a regret if you don’t.
    Can you work a formation with 5 at the back with luiz changing to cdm in play to get you 10 chem on him?
    My starting formation is purely for chem, the second the game starts I switch to have hazard as striker and best in CAM.
    (I know some here find Best unbelievable cutting in from right but I just can’t get joy from 4-3-3 formation)

Also, for anyone that got luiz, have a look at that Brazilian cb from Roma, Juan Jesus in futswap with shadow chem on him! Looks very tasty for the 6 or so tokens.
    Given that there’s very little else on offer in futswap he’s def worth taking, I’m getting him and then the totw batshuayi for an sbc.

Yeah, I realised I can start with a 5ATB and switch ingame then.

100% agree on Best btw. He's lethal as an out and out striker for me, but always feels a waste as a winger.

Right, if I drop Howard into Luiz, he shouldn't be do much to do. Butra has 17 days left, and I'm confident I can save enough to finish him off if I take coins for the next two weeks as well.

Welp.

Luiz just paid for himself.

p6dVuZY.jpg

First Icon I've ever packed. 500k into the bank, so on track to make a profit of 150k on Flashback Luiz. I'll be in a BETTER position to do Butra now :D

Goddamn Liverpool players. Bloody otw keeps giving me Liverpool players. All I want is Cancelo or CR7. Is that too much to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Moving Pogba and Fabinho doesn't alter Varane's chem unfortunately. I packed Zanetti in the Base Icon SBC so is not tradable either.

TSC, been really digging Casimeiro. It took me a bit to get used to him but he is massive in game and even chipped in with some important goals for me when I was playing last night.

Blazer wrote: »
    Goddamn Liverpool players. Bloody otw keeps giving me Liverpool players. All I want is Cancelo or CR7. Is that too much to ask?

Frackin Keita again arghhhhh

• Advertisement

wong wrote: »
    Moving Pogba and Fabinho doesn't alter Varane's chem unfortunately. I packed Zanetti in the Base Icon SBC so is not tradable either.

TSC, been really digging Casimeiro. It took me a bit to get used to him but he is massive in game and even chipped in with some important goals for me when I was playing last night.

If DDG is tradable you could offload him and get lloris and move pogba might give varane more chem?

Lloris isn't as good as DDG though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement