Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Hogey007 wrote: »
    If anyone wants to take a calculated risk, Ziyech headliner 87 rated is still available at 40k.

He’s predicted to get a +2 in winter refresh and also scored assisted and got motm today so could make totw too.
    It is a slight risk because Bernardo Silva and burki were also predicted to get +2 and neither got any increase.
    Plus Ziyech might not get in totw, so he could be anything from 87-90 by this time next week, but at the moment the going rate for 87s is 35/36k anyway so not too much risk if he doesn’t get any upgrades

Cheers for the heads up, picked up one last night for 40.5k - he is up to 47k now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I have a bit of cash for a low priced Icon but would I be better buying a few top normal players

I'd depends on the player really.

For example I use Pogba and Keane in cdm with the same instructions and Pogba out performs Keane every game.

Iv had Best and iv gone back to using Mbappe.

I had Ramos and Varane but Blanc is better than both for me.

Carlos is the best LB iv used this Fifa.

It varies from player to player.

If your buying the cheapest icon then I'd say use normal high end golds until you can afford a better icon.

Thanks for that, I’ll go with the normal golds for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Did the luiz sbc and packed 87 sol campbell. Anyone used him? Worth trying out or better off just selling him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Have about 5.7 mil for Henry now, he's around 7 mil now, hopefully he drops soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Did the luiz sbc and packed 87 sol campbell. Anyone used him? Worth trying out or better off just selling him.

Nice, how is David Luiz?

Hearing a lot of good things about him. I packed Nesta from the Icon SBC but I imagine Luiz would be much better than.

• Advertisement

wong wrote: »
    Nice, how is David Luiz?

Hearing a lot of good things about him. I packed Nesta from the Icon SBC but I imagine Luiz would be much better than.

Havent played with him but he has prime icom stats basically. Ive seen reviews that have him in basically tier 2. Below the likes of primi rio and the tots guys but as good as most. Him and Militao as a back two feels like the op budget option right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Nice pull!

I used prime Campbell for a while, found him clunky at first but got used to him. Probably lightly less effective than rttf Sanchez and def not as good as potm vvd or prime nesta that I’m using now.
    Also did luiz but haven’t got to try him and got nothing from the packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Pyjamarama wrote:
    Havent played with him but he has prime icom stats basically. Ive seen reviews that have him in basically tier 2. Below the likes of primi rio and the tots guys but as good as most. Him and Militao as a back two feels like the op budget option right now.

Budget option? That's pretty much a million coins for 2 CBs. Pick up a Varane and a VVD. As good as any of us should need. Anything else is wasted, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Jeez i'd love the Shearer or Van Basten card, 92 and 94 shot, nearly 500k to buy Shearer and close to a million for Van Basten, maybe i'll get them for fifa 21, ha

Henry at 6.6 now, just 1 more million and he's mine...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Militao was very good for me in weekend league this weekend I play a high line and his pace is so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Henry at 6.6 now, just 1 more million and he's mine...

Henry is not supposed to be great this year. I had his 93 card and found him very clunky. Seems to be a common complaint this year about him.

Blazer wrote: »
    Henry is not supposed to be great this year. I had his 93 card and found him very clunky. Seems to be a common complaint this year about him.

I thought the same last year for that money you would have toty Messi with 99 stamina and pace and shooting nearly up there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jayo26 wrote: »
    I thought the same last year for that money you would have toty Messi with 99 stamina and pace and shooting nearly up there too.

Yeah I’d definitely go for a Toty card ahead of a prime icon. But there’s just something about having an icon.
    I always loved hearing the other guy on speaker when he saw my team at matchup. The most common expression used to be “oh ****”
    I do miss the chat and wish they’re reinstate it or make it optional at least for rivals.

Favourite player as an Arsenal fan so I think I'll still bite the bullet, think I just wanna have a fun, will probably lose out on a fortune in the long run :pac:

Favourite player as an Arsenal fan so I think I'll still bite the bullet, think I just wanna have a fun, will probably lose out on a fortune in the long run :pac:

That's fair enough I can see the sense in that is do the same if cantona had an icon card :)

Thats the point of it all really isn't it. Enjoy the game. Coins are just coins. They only have as much value as the enjoyment you get from the game itself (tho trading can be fun). Come August they're worth nothing anyway.

I defo plan on having Prime Moment Stevie G at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

When I see a team full of icons I think grand I'll be ok here....

A team full of mid level golds though and I think ah great not only do I have to play this guy I also have to play the script... que POTM Aubem missing sitters...

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Has anyone used Prime Rijkaard? Thinking of doing the sbc before it disappears in a couple of days.

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    When I see a team full of icons I think grand I'll be ok here....

A team full of mid level golds though and I think ah great not only do I have to play this guy I also have to play the script... que POTM Aubem missing sitters...

Scripting is not a thing.

• Advertisement

Dozyart wrote: »
    Has anyone used Prime Rijkaard? Thinking of doing the sbc before it disappears in a couple of days.

Yes and yes do it if you can. I was going to get Keane but was persuaded against it I already had a baby icon from the sbc and a load of players so it cost me about 200k. He is very very good if you play with a midfielder set to stay back.

One to watch summer are up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Dozyart wrote: »

NOT WORTH IT!!!

Honestly I've finally learned how to use him. The key is to not have him pass any further than 5 yards in a straight line with no opposition player in sight.

That's a bit of an exacerbation to be fair but given he's an icon, and not a cheap one, he was a massive let down for me. He is slow at everything he does and a noticeable amount of the times he goes in to win the ball it just bounces to a support player or back to the player with the ball.

He has improved as i have learned to use him but never have any confidence in him, especially on the ball. He could be a good cb as his movement looks exactly like POTM VVD but i would advise to just do Nesta if that was the position you wanted.

Yes and yes do it if you can. I was going to get Keane but was persuaded against it I already had a baby icon from the sbc and a load of players so it cost me about 200k. He is very very good if you play with a midfielder set to stay back.

Cheers Jayo!

Guffy wrote: »
    NOT WORTH IT!!!

He has improved as i have learned to use him but never have any confidence in him, especially on the ball. He could be a good cb as his movement looks exactly like POTM VVD but i would advise to just do Nesta if that was the position you wanted.

I have prime Nesta already,just looking to upgrade on IF Fabinho!I play 2 CDMs and Kante is the other one,i have Lampard and Nakata from the Icon sbc and they dont make the bench so thinking it would be wise to use one while i can!

Scripting is not a thing.

Scripting/momentum/balancing is definitely there,games against gold teams especially is torture for me,my players feel like a they are in a soccer remake of Space Jam!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

One to watch summer are up

How are people getting on with this?

I did 3, vrasaliko or however you spell it on first one,
    Sokratis in 2nd,
    Was going to knock it on the head but did one more, Felipe Anderson:)

Will try one more for now and then I’m going unassigned on ucl marquee matchups so won’t be able to open anymore packs until tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I played a guy with prime rijkaard earlier, he was sh*t, my CL Oxlade Chamberlain gave him the run around, and got a hat trick

84k in coins now, only 500k more to get Shearer

Hogey007 wrote: »
    How are people getting on with this?

I did 3, vrasaliko or however you spell it on first one,
    Sokratis in 2nd,
    Was going to knock it on the head but did one more, Felipe Anderson:)

Will try one more for now and then I’m going unassigned on ucl marquee matchups so won’t be able to open anymore packs until tomorrow

Did two got no one might do another few :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

84k in coins now, only 500k more to get Shearer

Shearer is the most useless icon I've used. He's clunky, slow and is too short to head the ball, or so it feels it anyway.

He's got a decent finish, but is no better than Agueros gold card which is a fraction of the price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement