Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 228 SUN. SEP. 9, 2018 WOODLEY VS. TILL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

:)

Fair play. I thought Woodley would win too, but I didn't envision Till having absolutely nothing for him.

mangobob wrote: »
    Fair play. I thought Woodley would win too, but I didn't envision Till having absolutely nothing for him.

Like I said previously who has Till beat? A worn out Cowboy and a gifted decision vs Wonderboy......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Woodley seriously doesnt get the credit he deserves. And to think they were gonna put Conor in there with him. Woodley would tear him a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Good interview from Till there. Seems a decent guy.. As great as I think Woodley is, the guy is entirely lacking in any sort of charisma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

thebull85 wrote: »
    Woodley seriously doesnt get the credit he deserves. And to think they were gonna put Conor in there with him. Woodley would tear him a new one.

That would end in hospitalisation for Conor. They are roughly the same height but Woodley is a massively bigger man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

We like to dream, and Till has a lot of appeal. I give Tyron all the credit he deserves, but he simply isn't very likeable.....has a personality like a wet dish rag imo--even though when you see him with his fam n friends and whatnot he seems fine. Very weird.

He could defo do with a personality transplant but fair play to him all the same. Colby wont have anything for him either in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Woodley by sub 0% of votes

Many slept on this card. 9 finishes!! Great PPV

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Woodley by sub 0% of votes

Many slept on this card. 9 finishes!! Great PPV

I had a feeling Woodley would knock him down and then try pound him out/ maybe submit him.

He could defo do with a personality transplant but fair play to him all the same. Colby wont have anything for him either in my opinion.

:D Prob not but I am going to enjoy every second of the build up to that one. Colby gets under Tyron's skin like no one else.

• Advertisement

Amazingfun wrote: »
    :D Prob not but I am going to enjoy every second of the build up to that one. Colby gets under Tyron's skin like no one else.

Check out colbys instagram story from earlier today, im assuming thats his wife in it with him..

Hes a character.

https://instagram.com/colbycovmma?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=sk82uyq6dpbz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Just watched it now, did Till even throw a strike outside the one that he missed and ended up on his ass? Woodley's easiest fight in a long time.

Woodley is being very charming in the post-fight interview

• Registered Users Posts: 29,576 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Even though I wanted Till to win, I found myself rooting for Woodley from the start for some strange reason. Lovely fight from him but he wonders why people don't like him and instead of calling out GSP, he announces his song coming out next week. **** outta here with that ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

And again I'm reminded of why I hate DC commentating.

"T WOOD
    T WOOD
    T WOOD
    T WOOD
    T WOOD"

While the others are talking over him. And 2 seconds later...

"he just got his black belt
    He just got his black belt
    He just got his black belt"

Nowhere near as bad as the "Thug Rose" debacle but he's just an irritating guy.

That aside, very good event. Not amused at seeing KK knocked silly but I half expected it.

Check out colbys instagram story from earlier today, im assuming thats his wife in it with him..

Hes a character.

https://instagram.com/colbycovmma?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=sk82uyq6dpbz

I don't think he's married, but a character he is.
    A real prick too ;)

https://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/colby-covington-claims-he-will-bury-cathal-pendred-like-the-british-buried-the-irish-30935492.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Great card, some great finishes. Delighted Till took a hiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Man, Woodley is so underrated, including by me. I know he’s a pain in the arse but about time he got some proper respect from everyone.

Colby won’t have anything at all to trouble him IMO.

Great card overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Reckon that is Till done at welterweight and he moves up to middleweight.

Great win for Woodley but the man is just very bitter and hard to cheer for.

Besides Colby that welterweight division is boring and dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Long way back for Till now, that's a consequence of getting a title shot so quickly. He'll not be at WW long enough, if at all, to get another shot and he'll have to fight his way through a longer, tougher line of contenders at MW where he'll not be the monster he looks at 170.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Great performance by Woodley but just like the Wonderboy fight Till barely threw a punch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ufc 230 still needs a main event. I wonder could Woodley make a quick turn around and defend against the goat Colby Covington. #nerdbash Msg would be great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,021 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Till was useless. In there posing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

ricero wrote: »
    Ufc 230 still needs a main event. I wonder could Woodley make a quick turn around and defend against the goat Colby Covington. #nerdbash Msg would be great stuff.

Rogan and Anik heavily alluded to the fact that that main event was already set but not announced yet. Cormier stayed silent during it so i'd say it could be him against somebody, possibly Jon Jones

the ufc or dana white is bored with woodley despite him beating all comers, abit like the latter end of GSPs career, so they hyped this lad to be something he wasn't like GSP vs jake shields...snoozefest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

If woodley won or fought like that in all fights he'd be much more respected and liked.

I know the thompson fights were tactical due to the dangers he poses, but when Woodley has that explosive offensive potential it make his defensive style a lot more frustrating, because we know exactly what he is capable of.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Delighted for Woodley. Dana slating and denouncing him at every turn this week - you think he'd know better by now than to put all his eggs in one basket.

Woodley may not be the most charismatic on the roster but there's plenty duller that they throw their marketing weight behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

delighted for woodley didn't even realize he was close to a black belt in jiu jitsu. never thought till would win but never in a million years did i think woodley would win by d'arce.

Till is a good striker but he is lacking in ground game and Woodley exposed that.

woodley was good in the post fight conference saying he would let his winning do the talking.

usman V colby is a fight i would like to see but dont know who that would leave for woodley

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭SouthDublin6w

Anyone impressed with the intelligence of Magmedsharipov last night, The submission was sick. But his work in there was unreal.

Advertisement