Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 228 SUN. SEP. 9, 2018 WOODLEY VS. TILL

Options

Comments

mailburner wrote: »
    72% v 28% in favour of Woodley here
    Thought it would be closer than that

Who have you seen Till beat and or what about Till makes you think it would be closer than that? Woodley will smash him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Who have you seen Till beat and or what about Till makes you think it would be closer than that? Woodley will smash him :D

I watched the fight before cowboy I think it was and wasn't particularly impressed, but as usual, bit of marketing and i'm semi-hyped. If anything to see Woodley throwing down a bit more than his last fights

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Camacho you mad man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

wow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

tHIS FREAKIN CARD IS AMAZING

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

CRO COP

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

look back at the thread and you'll see more have gone for till but in
    the poll it's the opposite

Nothing more than that....correct me if I'm wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Good to see Camacho up and about after that. That was vicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

DC getting flashbacks from that! :pac:

DC getting flashbacks from that! :pac:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

mangobob wrote: »
    Good to see Camacho up and about after that. That was vicious.

Felt bad for him - for a second there I thought he was gone. Dropped on impact and didn't move for at least a minute or so. Vicious knock out.....

look back at the thread and you'll see more have gone for till but in
    the poll it's the opposite

Nothing more than that....correct me if I'm wrong :D

The way I am looking at this Till v Woodley match is Till has never beat anyone in the top 5 at 170 (I am not including thompson because Till missed weight and controversial decision). Till might be the best in the world but he hasn't shown that in any way yet imo therefore I logic dictates that Woodley will walk through him....... If Till does win though we will have the next big superstar on our hands.

Who have you seen Till beat

wonderboy is all, yep liverpool probably a big factor there also I agree

I like his confidence though and up Till a couple of days ago I was backing woodley but have chickened out
    flat out want to see him lose so bad that I've not bet on him apart from him to win in round five at 33/1

wonderboy is all, yep liverpool probably a big factor there also I agree

I like his confidence though and up Till a couple of days ago I was backing woodley but have chickened out
    flat out want to see him lose so bad that I've not bet on him apart from him to win in round five at 33/1

I am a Woodley fan :D I just thing Woodley is far to well rounded for him. In saying that Till could catch him in the first exchange and KO woodley :(

They've been joint favs for nearly a week now with hills, money came for till after they first faced off due to the size difference no doubt

I'd have been posting those exact same words as you (when Woodley hit evens) and whilst I do think Woodley might win
    I'm not over confident but I'm still taking that price about Woodley all day long

Edit didn't realise they were joint favs with nearly all the Bookies now
    We'll surely get evens now
    Woodley pts might be alright at 10/3 also

Saying that I'd still have a Saver on till pts at 6s, doubt he'll win any other way
    The way I am looking at this Till v Woodley match is Till has never beat anyone in the top 5 at 170 (I am not including thompson because Till missed weight and controversial decision). Till might be the best in the world but he hasn't shown that in any way yet imo therefore I logic dictates that Woodley will walk through him....... If Till does win though we will have the next big superstar on our hands.

posted this over a week ago which was betting with my head in fairness as we know what woodley brings to the table

till shouldnt be favourite for this though

jesus I'd back against anyone or any team to make a few quid but I want till to win so bad I just cant back woodley :o

I am a Woodley fan :D I just thing Woodley is far to well rounded for him. In saying that Till could catch him in the first exchange and KO woodley :(
    he'll need to outwork him from the outset

cant wait to see if he can take that right hand though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Saw the replay from the Sterling fight...knee popped right out. Better than a cruciate ligament tear but ouch

Call me crazy, but there is something about Till that reminds me of McGregor at the start of his UFC run. Both young, both have a certain raw intensity, honesty and charisma, although DT lacks McGregors mic skills. The speed of his ascent to a title fight resembles Conors. Even his stance in the cage is reminiscent to me.

To extend the analogy further, Woodley is Till's Aldo (albeit not nearly as dominant). Most people expected Aldo to have too much for McGregor, and I think the same is true here. I wonder if history will repeat itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

It's not crazy at all, have been hearing comments on the two for a while now, and I agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,375 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Call me crazy, but there is something about Till that reminds me of McGregor at the start of his UFC run. Both young, both have a certain raw intensity, honesty and charisma, although DT lacks McGregors mic skills. The speed of his ascent to a title fight resembles Conors. Even his stance in the cage is reminiscent to me.

To extend the analogy further, Woodley is Till's Aldo (albeit not nearly as dominant). Most people expected Aldo to have too much for McGregor, and I think the same is true here. I wonder if history will repeat itself.

I’d say Woodley is much more akin to Till’s Mendes than his Aldo, if you’re making that analogy. There’s a lot more parallels between those two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I see that too but I also see 2 key differences
    1. Till has the charisma of a paper bag. He is so boring outside the octagon. He tries to be more charismatic but he is the Gerard of the UFC. All the talent and excitement in competition, as dull as a bread knife outside it.

2. Till is like "This is for Liverpool" vs McGregor's "this is for my country". It frustrates me. Bisping was always proud of being English. Till couldn't care less, it's never about England, it's all about Liverpool (which is a sh1te city when it's not a proper night out or game day). I don't know why that annoys me, but it does. He's one of the rare fighters to have a sense of pride of where he is from but not his country. Slightly frustrating.

Again, 1 is far bigger than 2. At least Woodley is actually good at trash talk. Also, Till said he'd beat McGregor cause "He is smaller than me" and then said he'd tire Lesnar out. Bish, exact same principles apply.

This is going the way of Shevchenko’s last fight, thank god Yamasaki isn’t in there!

Tatiana is a beast.

Thats a 10-8 if ever I saw one lol

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Such dominance, Suarez throwing her around the cage.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I’d say Woodley is much more akin to Till’s Mendes than his Aldo, if you’re making that analogy. There’s a lot more parallels between those two.

Oh for sure, its just that Woodley is the champ and a dominant one at that, a la Aldo. Mendes never was. But I get where you are coming from.

I remember seeing Suarez coast through TUF thinking “that’s a future champ 100%”. Her grappling seems so far ahead of anyone in the division that she could negate the top strikers and just beat the grapplers. Esparza is a top class grappler in her division, it just shows how dominant Suarez is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Tatiana is a ride

Mount me anyday

"Dont stay long in these wrestling exchanges". Easier said than done DC...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

That was a Khabib-esque beat down. Super impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Not for me.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but I think people underestimate how good McGregor's path to the Aldo fight was.

4 TKOs and a decision when he had bogey knee and then add in the TKO of Mendes.

Till has had a draw, 1 TKO of Cerrone who probably shouldn't have taken the fight in the first place, and 3 decision wins. One of which was very close.

Advertisement