Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 228 SUN. SEP. 9, 2018 WOODLEY VS. TILL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

ZABEAST

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Lads, has there ever been a fighter with such a complete skill set?

His boxing is insane, his kick boxing is incredible and his grappling is world class in terms of both wrestling and jiu-jitsu. One of the most creative fighters I've ever seen. If he keeps this up the sky is the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Zabit sounds like kermit the frog

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Davis had a great first round but then got sloppy going for a body kick. It played right into Zabits strengths and then he got the takedown .

Should have kept with the legkicks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

His boxing is insane, his kick boxing is incredible and his grappling is world class in terms of both wrestling and jiu-jitsu. One of the most creative fighters I've ever seen. If he keeps this up the sky is the limit.

He is the complete package and just seems to cruise through the rounds. His trips are ridiculous, takes people down at will. People dont even want to fight him already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,375 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Only Jon Jones comes to mind as another and we don’t even know if he was ever fully clean inside the octagon.

Zabit is for real, incredible technique in nearly everything he does.

Axwell wrote: »
    He is the complete package and just seems to cruise through the rounds. His trips are ridiculous, takes people down at will. People dont even want to fight him already.

The trips are so quick too. There's no setup no level change just seems a tiny opening and suddenly he's on top. It's ridiculous.

Watching the finish again there and everything about it was perfect, the way he hooked the lose leg with one of his legs to bring him down and then used his other foot on the opposite hip to control the roll and position. Mental stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Can someone explain his want to fight Chad Mendes? I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Amazingfun wrote: »

He's in the top 5

Amazingfun wrote: »

Because Chad is a big name and above him in the rankings. Beating Chad puts him too 5 and probably next in line for a crack at the winner of Max Vs T-City.

The height difference and the fact that Zabit wouldn't be afraid of Chad's takedowns makes it a fight Zabit will be a wide favourite for too.

And he trains with Frankie so he's hardly going to call him out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The trips are so quick too. There's no setup no level change just seems a tiny opening and suddenly he's on top. It's ridiculous.

Watching the finish again there and everything about it was perfect, the way he hooked the lose leg with one of his legs to bring him down and then used his other foot on the opposite hip to control the roll and position. Mental stuff.

Its like its in slow motion for him though and hes 3 steps ahead, when he moves in for the trip he already has the other fighter falling backwards before they even know whats going on. The way he locked the other leg while locking in the knee bar and just the whole way he did everything with ease for the whole fight. Phenomenal talent to have in the division who can really mix things up.

Heres Karolina with that smile and a wink ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Im actually looking forward to this fight as much as the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Lads, seriously though, what's with all the really sh1tty headgear in UFC now? Khabib's hat isn't even that good (just makes his weirdly square head look better) but now there seems to be a lot of it.

Now that’s a women’s fight I won’t forget in a hurry. Savage from Andrade!

Great scrap there, some finish

noooo Karolina :(

Whelp. That didnt last long lol. That was fupping brutal. Poor Karolina will have to watch that knockout being replayed for a long time to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Very sad for Karolina. Was shouting for her to get her hands up. Kept them too low

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭F.Grimes

A lads I think USADA need to follow up after that last one.

Did you know Andrade is an anagram of “on roids”

• Advertisement

Thats the most brutal knockout punch I have seen in wmma. Agree with Rogan that Hollys head kick was more impressive (because it was RR), but still. Holy ****. Karolina will be having nightmares about that for years.

F.Grimes wrote: »
    A lads I think USADA need to follow up after that last one.

Did you know Andrade is an anagram of “on roids”

I am not going to comment whether she is on roids or not but she looks jacked as fuark for 115 pounds

It’s sad that someone’s first reaction of a great performance and KO is “she must be on roids”. Could really do with less of that sort of thing tbh. Give credit where it’s due and let the experts determine who the cheaters are.

I am not going to comment whether she is on roids or not but she looks jacked as fuark for 115 pounds

Sometimes it’s just a matter of a ocular exam, and a bit of cop on. 115lbs woman, and you’re wondering who has bigger arms her or woodley? Something doesn’t add up.

But then again it seems to be a common thing for Brazil women, maybe it’s all genetics.....maybe 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Gonna be a boring one here.. Although, what a walk out tune!

F.Grimes wrote: »
    Sometimes it’s just a matter of a ocular exam, and a bit of cop on. 115lbs woman, and you’re wondering who has bigger arms her or woodley? Something doesn’t add up.

But then again it seems to be a common thing for Brazil women, maybe it’s all genetics.....maybe 😆

See the charter and point 8...end of discussion on the matter.

Elton John and Neil Diamond in the same night. Is this really the UFC? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Woodley wins this.. One of the smartest fighters out there

<Mod Snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Seeing that promo for the fight it's so obvious Till is trying to be a McGregor outside off the octagon.....and he just isn't. Nowhere near it. "He'll feel my presence in the octagon" would ya stop. Hell, I wouldn't even say he is the best strike in the Welterweight division. If he beats Woodley then maybe.

Should be an amazing fight though! Looking forward to it! Hard to see past Woodley though, especially if it goes to championship rounds.

Advertisement