Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 228 SUN. SEP. 9, 2018 WOODLEY VS. TILL

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Crazy dominant performance. Future champ there for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

who wants to fight suarez next? :pac:

it's gonna be like khabib here all over again with nobody wanting to fight her
    wins two more and she's champ

who can stop those takedowns?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

81-0 in significant strikes.

Jesus H. Christ, that is frightening.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

martyos121 wrote: »
    81-0 in significant strikes.

Jesus H. Christ, that is frightening.

11.46 in top position as well..crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

This woman lived through Thyroid cancer--- incredible drive and yes indeed, very inspiring. Instant fan I am.

• Advertisement

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    1. Till has the charisma of a paper bag. He is so boring outside the octagon. He tries to be more charismatic but he is the Gerard of the UFC. All the talent and excitement in competition, as dull as a bread knife outside it.

2. Till is like "This is for Liverpool" vs McGregor's "this is for my country". It frustrates me. Bisping was always proud of being English. Till couldn't care less, it's never about England, it's all about Liverpool (which is a sh1te city when it's not a proper night out or game day). I don't know why that annoys me, but it does. He's one of the rare fighters to have a sense of pride of where he is from but not his country. Slightly frustrating.

Again, 1 is far bigger than 2. At least Woodley is actually good at trash talk. Also, Till said he'd beat McGregor cause "He is smaller than me" and then said he'd tire Lesnar out. Bish, exact same principles apply.

you could listen to bisping all day and his trash talk was better than everybodys straight off the cuff and well ahead of conor there

I really like till as a fighter and I like his confidence but after about a minute listening to him I always think about hitting the mute button...just painful!
    The gerard comparison is spot on though, even caragher for me.

fight of the night coming right up folks

mailburner wrote: »
    fight of the night coming right up folks

My pick for FOTN too, Price by TKO late in the third I reckon.

Yeah potential here for an absolute war and KO finish

martyos121 wrote: »
    My pick for FOTN too, Price by TKO late in the third I reckon.

have price backed and on pts
    but also have what I think are cover bets on both to win in round three (11s+14s)

big price fan, think he has a big future

• Advertisement

Elton John as a walkout song, never thought id see that

fcuk :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

that was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

What a start

Damnnn

Jesus. He was out after the first hook, two more on the way down for good measure. ARA is a killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Not for me.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but I think people underestimate how good McGregor's path to the Aldo fight was.

4 TKOs and a decision when he had bogey knee and then add in the TKO of Mendes.

Till has had a draw, 1 TKO of Cerrone who probably shouldn't have taken the fight in the first place, and 3 decision wins. One of which was very close.

Well I dont mean that the parallels are exact, nor am I saying that they or their respective runs are identical. Merely that there are a few things about Till that reminds of me of McGregor. Aspects of their character, their speed of ascent to the titleshot and headlining a PPV, and even in the cage, that upright stance and his blatant size advantage are all reminiscent for me of Conor.

But fundamentally I agree with you, CM's run was the more impressive of the two, all things considered. Although the likes of Brimage, Brandao and Siver are not exactly the cream of the crop, you can only beat whats in front of you, and he demolished almost everyone they put in front of him, with the exception of the current champion who he still convincingly beat on one leg. You also have to factor in how he disposed of such a dominant champion in spectacular fashion, having absolutely mind f*cked him beforehand.

Till certainly doesn't have that mental warefare game, and I dont see him replicating that kind of performance in the octagon tonight either. But lets see.

If Dodson meets a similar fate to Price here, I will be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭The White Feather

mangobob wrote: »
    Thats a 10-8 if ever I saw one lol

It's unbelievable but one judge gave a 10 8 round to Carla in the Suarez fight earlier

Had to have got them mixed up. Shows how clueless some of them are

https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/1038615309689733120?s=19

It's unbelievable but one judge gave a 10 8 round to Carla in the Suarez fight earlier

:eek::eek::eek:

There really needs to be mandatory breathalyzing for judges in mma...thats just shocking.

• Advertisement

Hate when crowds boo fighters like this. Sometimes its justified when fighters are refusing to engage. This is clearly not one of those fights.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

This happened to ryan Burnett in boxing

He won a split decision 119-107, 119-107, 108-118

It turned out the third judge had the fighters wrong

Good performance from Rivera, clearly the better fighter. Probably won’t cause huge problems for the likes of TJ, Cruz and Cody though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Can they both lose?

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Gonna go with Jimmie by decision

Jimmie gets it done. Hopefully he takes the Sterling fight next

Time for Zabeast, been looking forward to this since the moment his last fight ended. :)

Zabit is a great addition to the division, exciting fighter and another potential future champ. Finish by sub here.

Be great if Woodley Till starts 5am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Zabit is a freak.

• Advertisement

Holy shît, two in one night!

Advertisement