Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Would there production be able to fit on the EP stage or would they do a scaled down one? Tbh if EP book them then i will be raging i didnt get a ticket ha

See they can minimise it if needs be, they're bringing their current tour to Rock Werchter.

Only fest announced so far on the current tour.

Would there production be able to fit on the EP stage or would they do a scaled down one? Tbh if EP book them then i will be raging i didnt get a ticket ha

Like if you have a look at the 1975's current tour production; it looks massive.

But they're playing alot of fests. While I don't like the band (1975) I think if they were playing EP I would visit to see the production side of their tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

They were on Graham Norton on Friday evening, fookin dreadful stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Was watching this too but had to turn it off I was cringing. I won't be going anywhere near them if they play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Foals ruled out of picnic anyway, they are playing Trinity College on 2nd July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

My money is how firmly on the 1975, Post Malone and Tame Impala. There'll surely be a more legacy/older act in there too and, potentially, Hozier, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him added after his outdoor gigs in June as part of a big second or third announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Saw that knew they were bad but that song was atrocious stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Has everyone who paid in installments received their tickets? Beginning to get worried I missed an installment but 99% sure I didn't

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I can see Years and Years getting a main stage spot this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Has everyone who paid in installments received their tickets? Beginning to get worried I missed an installment but 99% sure I didn't

I haven't got mine yet and I'm fairly sure that my sister hasn't got hers either and we both did the installation plan. I was getting worried too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

log in to your TM account it will tell you whether they have been posted or not,

rgsd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

My money is how firmly on the 1975, Post Malone and Tame Impala. There'll surely be a more legacy/older act in there too and, potentially, Hozier, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him added after his outdoor gigs in June as part of a big second or third announcement.

I can kinda see how there's room for ATN now. Will offer different experiences in terms of lineup and size etc

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Is Ellie Goulding a contender for mainstream artist?

She has a couple of songs floating around.

Is Ellie Goulding a contender for mainstream artist?

She has a couple of songs floating around.

She played a couple of years ago i think , So yea she could be a contender

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Bloc party have announced a few new dates, all in the UK, would love to see them added.
    Also Ian Brown is releasing a new album, wonder if he could show up at EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭divide_by_zero

I see Foals announced a date for the 2nd of July in Trinity College, they'll hardly play EP after announcing that date. I hope I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Bluedot line-up is stunning. 5k capacity & great location at the Observatory. Would happily bag the entire lot for EP.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/19/190122e.shtml

I see Foals announced a date for the 2nd of July in Trinity College, they'll hardly play EP after announcing that date. I hope I'm wrong though.

I think they have a 2nd album coming out in Autumn but dunno would that mean an EP date..

Eod100 wrote: »
    I think they have a 2nd album coming out in Autumn but dunno would that mean an EP date..

I could see them doing a proper tour in the winter once the 2nd album comes out then maybe headine EP 2020?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Same boat. Website telling me "Your tickets havent been dispatched yet". All good.

I could see them doing a proper tour in the winter once the 2nd album comes out then maybe headine EP 2020?

Long overdue a Picnic headline slot. I also think that if Stormzy and Florence can headline Glastonbury then why not Foals?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Tickets arrived, happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Is that a really boring line-up or is that just me?

I know there's a few on there that people are always keen to see - James, Idles, etc - but, in general, it just looks really unimaginative to me.

I know there's a few on there that people are always keen to see - James, Idles, etc - but, in general, it just looks really unimaginative to me.

Sigrid, James, The Coral, Madness, idles and then the rest is Meh,

I've seen Biffy and Noel Gallagher, very good but too soon for me.

It's a good undercard let down by bad headliners. They've reduced the price as well.

But def not comparable to previous years headliners.

Appalling methinks, bar a few exceptions. Hopefully EP will never go that bland. And how about Bluedot? Best I've seen so far but alas can't afford it with other stuff on.

blue-dot-festival-2019.html

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Appalling methinks, bar a few exceptions. Hopefully EP will never go that bland. And how about Bluedot? Best I've seen so far but alas can't afford it with other stuff on.

blue-dot-festival-2019.html

I reckon i'll go to this in the future when i've a car and a kid and know the weather forecast a week ahead.

But while i'm kid less and car less, bigger things for me.

The setup of Bluedot looks great, i'm equally excited to see who's on the science/talks lineup as I am the music lineup.

For a small 5000pax festival it's amazing. I hope it doesn't grow too much by the time I go.

Looks very safe tbh, bar max a handful of acts

• Advertisement

I reckon i'll go to this in the future when i've a car and a kid and know the weather forecast a week ahead.

But while i'm kid less and car less, bigger things for me.

The setup of Bluedot looks great, i'm equally excited to see who's on the science/talks lineup as I am the music lineup.

For a small 5000pax festival it's amazing. I hope it doesn't grow too much by the time I go.

I also love the way they schedule appropriate acts - Orbital, Jean-Michel Jarre, Kraftwerk, etc. An English pal who went the first year said it was stunning. I don't think there's much room to expand the capacity but they do well to afford such acts with that tiny crowd. Edit - wikipedia say 15k which is more believable that Efestival's 5k. Still an exceptional lineup for that crowd.

Advertisement