Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Foals announced some tour dates, americas until May'ish then some EU dates ex IRL May to start of August.

Could we see both Foals and Tame Impala!! JIZZ TIME!!!

Yes you may see both.

And it's quite possible based on 2019 dates booked etc.

Foals haven't been to EP since 2014.
    Tame Impala 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

Rfrip wrote: »
    Oh yes...one of my favourite ep memories are listening to them on a very sunny Sunday afternoon

ditto, what a great live festival band,
    knew of them but never seen them until then,
    i'd be chuffed to see them at EP again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

those Foals dates have been announced a long time, no?

their last gig being at the start of August (as it stands) doesn't really give much likelihood for EP imo

their last gig being at the start of August (as it stands) doesn't really give much likelihood for EP imo

If they were lets say booked for Japan at the end of august or an american tour starting september I may understand your point but there's a clear gap for august/September with many of the august/sep fests still left to announce.

What direction do you think they're going to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

I reckon Foals will defo play ep or atn, I'm going to both so not bothered which one they play once they announce one of them :p

• Advertisement

If they were lets say booked for Japan at the end of august or an american tour starting september I may understand your point but there's a clear gap for august/September with many of the august/sep fests still left to announce.

What direction do you think they're going to take?
    not really a gap as much as an end to their touring.
    if they start announcing dates through August then they're much more likely, but as i said in my post, as it stands, it doesn't indicate any likelihood. probably indicates that they're less likely if anything. they aren't playing Reading/Leeds the week before EP which has already announced acts and they'd have been prime contenders to headline again.
    probably do their own shows throughout Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Got a notification saying new dates announced, I presume the later ones, the springs dates probably existed beforehand.
    Given they're playing Europe I would have expected Foals to come here for atleast a three arena gig? But as someone pointed out its also likely they could start a tour elsewhere Sep onwards!

Sticky fingers playing the academy May 1st. I'd love to see them added.

https://youtu.be/hKX9rEEgb0I

Edit if you havent already....get some headphones on and listen to that bass!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Who are going to be the big main stream acts this year i.e. Dua Lipa, Kendrick Lamar?

showpony1 wrote: »
    Who are going to be the big main stream acts this year i.e. Dua Lipa, Kendrick Lamar?

Post Malone, The 1975, Twenty One Pilots all at R&L the week before, so probably one or two of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Acosta

I've tried with Foals a few times and their by no means bad, just so bloody ordinary. I just don't get the mass appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Acosta wrote: »
    I've tried with Foals a few times and their by no means bad, just so bloody ordinary. I just don't get the mass appeal.

Yannis Philippakis is not bad to look at so that helps for me

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Post Malone, The 1975, Twenty One Pilots all at R&L the week before, so probably one or two of them.

Yea id say the 1975 and Post Malone are def certs , Twenty One Pilots im not sure (i know they are massive and have sold out Belfast & Dublin arena shows but im not sure they would play EP)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,694 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yea id say the 1975 and Post Malone are def certs , Twenty One Pilots im not sure (i know they are massive and have sold out Belfast & Dublin arena shows but im not sure they would play EP)

Tbh I would have said the same about 1975 and Post Malone not so long ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I just thought I would post this here seeing as there is a few Galway EP heads as well as a healthy amount of the Whest and North West EP dudes and dude-esses as well. Please paste this around if you can, festival lover, festival worker and electronica music fan and sound out guy Robert Murray has went missing for over a week now, you have probably met him at the festivals. We need all the help we can get to find this guy. This is the Facebook group set up to look for him.

And one of the posters made.

Robert-Murray-poster.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

Acosta wrote: »

go older, the first album is exceptional and far from ordinary
    the second is also superb IMO

rgds

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Touts back on tour in March, happily for me finishing in the Róisín. Can't see them missing the Picnic again this year. Feels like they've been passed by The Murder Capital & Fontaines DC so good to see them on the road again. Hoping for lots of good material from all three in 2019. And I expect to see all at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Somebody's Child confirmed for Electric Picnic
    heard them on
    2fm yesterday on the Jenny Greene and Nikki Byrne show. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Somebody's Child confirmed for Electric Picnic
    heard them on
    2fm yesterday on the Jenny Greene and Nikki Byrne show. :D

eh.... who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

mimimcmc wrote: »
    eh.... who?
    For starters, he is a 21-year-old classically trained pianist and multi-instrumentalist, singer/songwriter hailing from Dublin.

Citing Arcade Fire, Amy Winehouse, MGMT and The National as inspiration, Somebody's Child explores different styles and elements of pop music, encapsulating what it means to be a contemporary songwriter.

According to Joe.ie. https://www.joe.ie/music/joes-song-of-the-day-657-somebodys-child-make-you-alright-641888

Completely new to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

New to me also .. sounds good. Not at all the usual underwhelming Irish pop. ... look forward to more stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Wild Youth are making waves the last few months. If they don't appear at ATN or EP I'll be surprised. Already confirmed for Sea Sessions. Very pop but not the worst. Can't Move On is a catchy tune :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Wild Youth played last year during the day.
    I have seen them twice.
    Ya very catchy songs, mainstream.
    I think I have had my fill of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Wild Youth played last year during the day.
    I have seen them twice.
    Ya very catchy songs, mainstream.
    I think I have had my fill of them.

They played 2/3 sets I think. I watched ten mins of them on the Heineken stage opposite Jerry Fish. Not good. Not good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It seems some new footage came about and an eye witness, a taxi driver saw a lad in a green jacket smoking a cigarette sitting on O'Brien Bridge and appears that he lost balance and fell backwards into the water. Family and Garda have also been looking at footage of the incident from CCTV have the lad on the bridge and falling backwards, the family have confirmed that its is indeed Robert. So sad to say it looks like this will be the final search to bring in his remains. RIP Robert Murray.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,227 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ah ****.... :( rip Robert

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

It seems some new footage came about and an eye witness, a taxi driver saw a lad in a green jacket smoking a cigarette sitting on O'Brien Bridge and appears that he lost balance and fell backwards into the water. Family and Garda have also been looking at footage of the incident from CCTV have the lad on the bridge and falling backwards, the family have confirmed that its is indeed Robert. So sad to say it looks like this will be the final search to bring in his remains. RIP Robert Murray.

RIP

Muse are another band touring EU + lots of UK dates, nothing in Ireland. Have we reached saturation point with the big outdoor gigs yet?

Muse are another band touring EU + lots of UK dates, nothing in Ireland. Have we reached saturation point with the big outdoor gigs yet?

I've thought about this and they have said in the past they wanted to play EP, I think this could be the year. Considering they're going to the asia/americas in september I reckon EP could be their last euro gig before jetting off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would there production be able to fit on the EP stage or would they do a scaled down one? Tbh if EP book them then i will be raging i didnt get a ticket ha

Advertisement