Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,222 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Happy New Year Festival Freeeeeeks hope it will be a good one. why am I posting the video of the Stirling Castle fireworks display in Scotland in the Electric Picnic thread you may ask. Well the weather was the most mellow I've seen in Scotland around the festive season, in fact it was warmer than EP last year at night time and that's saying something. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 macaedh

Johnny Marr confirmed!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

how's that now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

macaedh wrote: »

Where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

macaedh wrote: »

Fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 macaedh

Fake news.

From the horse's mouth.Seriosly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Well that would be lovely. Details, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Childish Gambino, Janelle Monae, Anderson .Paak, Charlotte Gainsbourg, SOPHIE, Yves Tumor, Let's Eat Grandma, Ross From Friends, Tame Impala, Solange, Kid Cudi, Christine & the Queens, Mac De Marco, Ty Segall & White Fence, Hop Along, Shame, Superorganism, Blood Orange, Pusha T, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Kaytranada, Jon Hopkins, Soccer Mommy, and Iceage would be a good addition to any festival line-up.

I know not all will be at EP, some are here at other festivals, some have played recently and some just won't sync up tour wise, but that'd be a very good line up IMO.

That said, I wouldn't drop $400 on it to be at Coachella. I'm not sure it would convince me to buy a ticket to EP but if I had one and the 20+ above were included, I'd be pretty thrilled.

Also, fair play to Dermot Kennedy. Decent poster positioning for him! Saw Shame on there and was hoping Fontaines DC might have been included too but no joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Childish Gambino, Janelle Monae, Anderson .Paak, Charlotte Gainsbourg, SOPHIE, Yves Tumor, Let's Eat Grandma, Ross From Friends, Tame Impala, Solange, Kid Cudi, Christine & the Queens, Mac De Marco, Ty Segall & White Fence, Hop Along, Shame, Superorganism, Blood Orange, Pusha T, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Kaytranada, Jon Hopkins, Soccer Mommy, and Iceage would be a good addition to any festival line-up.

I know not all will be at EP, some are here at other festivals, some have played recently and some just won't sync up tour wise, but that'd be a very good line up IMO.

That said, I wouldn't drop $400 on it to be at Coachella. I'm not sure it would convince me to buy a ticket to EP but if I had one and the 20+ above were included, I'd be pretty thrilled.

Also, fair play to Dermot Kennedy. Decent poster positioning for him! Saw Shame on there and w
    as hoping Fontaines DC might have been included too but no joy.

Jon Hopkins is playing Forbidden Fruit anyways, fingers crossed for Aphex tho as no Oxegen to swipe him this year unless Beatyard or Longitude manage to outbid him from EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Jon Hopkins is playing Forbidden Fruit anyways, fingers crossed for Aphex tho as no Oxegen to swipe him this year unless Beatyard or Longitude manage to outbid him from EP.

Off the top of my head...

Anderson .Paak has two Olympia shows in March, shouldn't preclude him from the fests. Having been at Longitude last year, you'd have to say that's his least likely destination, with Forbidden Fruit also unlikely due to the timing (March then June?, not impossible but August/Sept seems more likely IMO)

Janelle Monae is at Trinity in July so I wouldn't expect her back again for any other Irish shows.

Christine & the Queens owes a sizable show having cancelled RDS last minute - has there been any other announcement there that I may have missed?

Mac De Marco was at Metropolis. His only European shows for 2019 so far are All Points East, Primavera and Best Kept Secret, all around end of May and the start of June - Forbidden Fruit maybe?

Blood Orange was at Metopolis too, may be due a return.

From my list, those are the only ones I have anything to add - and it's all speculation anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭fafy

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Prefab Sprout album out on 1 Feb. No tour dates yet but they’d be one hell of an addition.

Thats a reissue of an older album, its not a new album, (although new one expected later this year)and the chances of them touring are slim to none, unfortunately. Saw them once at the Olympia, and they were superb, alas it will be my only time seeing them live i’d say so i am lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

fafy wrote: »
    Thats a reissue of an older album, its not a new album, (although new one expected later this year)and the chances of them touring are slim to none, unfortunately. Saw them once at the Olympia, and they were superb, alas it will be my only time seeing them live i’d say so i am lucky.

It’s a remixed and remastered version of a 2003 Paddy McAloon solo album now credited to Prefab Sprout. Therefore technically a new PS album and it’ll be interesting to see what they’ve done with it. Not an easy listen but rewarding and it’ll get a hell of a lot more attention than it did fifteen years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Dermot Kennedy billed ahead of 070 Shake at an American festival. Surprising, but also satisfying.

Got my tickets in the post yesterday, briefly quelled the despair of January

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Tickets arrived this morning yay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

So we're well in the New Year now. Does this mean we might get an announcement some time soon, or did they literally mean new year as in next year...march... Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

So we're well in the New Year now. Does this mean we might get an announcement some time soon, or did they literally mean new year as in next year...march... Any thoughts?

I would say around March we will get an announcement wouldn't hold my breath for one anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Dany Hitch

I'd say March at the earliest or more probably, an announcement about the announcement. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Stillill42

February for Alltogethernow. A really stellar line-up for them on the back of the National might make things interesting.
    Then again, probably not. Death, taxes and a sold out EP appear to be the only things you can rely on these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Tickets starting to show up on the Facebook group €300.... I think if you're crafty you could get face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I'm hoping Bon Iver makes the line up. They are playing all over this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'm hoping Bon Iver makes the line up. They are playing all over this summer.

I would love him to be announced but I think he will be at all together now instead

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Rfrip wrote: »
    I would love him to be announced but I think he will be at all together now instead

It would make sense due to their ties with The National. I'd also be happy with that as I've a ticket for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

It would make sense due to their ties with The National. I'd also be happy with that as I've a ticket for both.

Show off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

That would be a very good line up for ATN for a second year, no? Like, I would definitely consider buying a ticket at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Sounds from A Safe Harbour released dates for their festival lately. 12th to 15th September. The National and Bon Iver played both back in 2017. Not sure does that make it less/more likely that Bon Iver will play ATN or EP though, but could be a chance to catch them play here if they don't do any other festival dates here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Got tickets for talos gig in pepper cannister. Never been to a gig there so another one to notch off. Hope new album up to standard of first one which I thought was cracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Dany Hitch wrote: »
    I'd say March at the earliest or more probably, an announcement about the announcement. ;)

Normally the March announcement coincides with the release of tickets... but this year??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Was at the 1975 last night. Their production values are unreal. Can see them headlining one of the nights!

Advertisement