Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

Chemical brothers headlining creamfields.
    I wonder if that rules them out for EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

patch wrote: »
    Chemical brothers headlining creamfields.
    I wonder if that rules them out for EP?

They played in 2016 so id imagine yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Caught the wonderful Delines (mainly ex-Richmond Fontaines) in Galway tonight. Highly recommended if you’re into Lambchop or Calexico. Playing in the Liberty Hall Theatre in Dublin tomorrow night and they’ve just brought out a great album The Imperial.

Love to see them at EP. Warm-up for Amelia Banks in Rankin’s Wood would be ideal.

They played in 2016 so id imagine yes.

I’d say the opposite. Chemicals doing another festival a week before EP means they’re very likely.

Chemicals, Orbital & Basement Jaxx have all played the Picnic with short gaps between appearances. Would prefer to be wrong as I’d prefer Leftfield. They’re long overdue a return.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I could see Jess Glynne popping up at EP (maybe getting a similar slot to Dua Lipa).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Mucker46

The good the bad and the queen are touring to mid August no irish dates. Would love to see them at EP

Mucker46 wrote: »
    The good the bad and the queen are touring to mid August no irish dates. Would love to see them at EP

Would also love that. Missed them in 2007 cos they played the EA and clashed with Bjork then LCD Soundsystem on the main stage. Happy to have a similar complaint again.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I’d say the opposite. Chemicals doing another festival a week before EP means they’re very likely.

Chemicals, Orbital & Basement Jaxx have all played the Picnic with short gaps between appearances. Would prefer to be wrong as I’d prefer Leftfield. They’re long overdue a return.

Is 2016 not a bit soon to recycle a headliner? In the case of chemical bros and EP it's usually 4-5 years gap between bookings.

I'm hoping for Basement Jaxx :)

Phew we avoided hootie and the blowfish..

Catfish and the bottlemen playing Galway 28th April and Olympia 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

Is 2016 not a bit soon to recycle a headliner? In the case of chemical bros and EP it's usually 4-5 years gap between bookings.

Once we get one of the classic big dance acts, and they are not playing on Sunday night (like the prodigy were) I'll be happy.

• Advertisement

I agree, three years is a bit too brief but EP have a history of bringing back dance acts with a two/three/four year gap.

Groove Armada - 2005/2007
    LCD - 2005/2007/2010
    Chemical Brothers - 2007/2011
    Orbital - 2009/2012
    Basement Jaxx - 2006/2009

My preference is for Leftfield but happy with any of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I haven't seen Basement Jaxx since they played Witness! They'd be a deadly addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I agree, three years is a bit too brief but EP have a history of bringing back dance acts with a two/three/four year gap.

Groove Armada - 2005/2007
    LCD - 2005/2007/2010
    Chemical Brothers - 2007/2011
    Orbital - 2009/2012
    Basement Jaxx - 2006/2009

My preference is for Leftfield but happy with any of the above.

I think Groove Armada was 2004 and 2006.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I think Groove Armada was 2004 and 2006.

Doh! You're right BD, I blame too much beer at the Róisín last night. Pretty sure the others are correct though. And Underworld have played a fair few times also.

Who'd be your preference for this year?

Phew we avoided hootie and the blowfish..

Catfish and the bottlemen playing Galway 28th April and Olympia 30th

Doesn't rule them out at all , they could still be announced for EP at a later stage

End of the Road Festival announcing on the 31st , might share a few acts

Doh! You're right BD, I blame too much beer at the Rn last night. Pretty sure the others are correct though. And Underworld have played a fair few times also.

I think that's an obvious one beginning with A in the first word and ending with N in the last word. Less commercial than the others but just as popular, darker and twisted and it would have to be in the largest marquee rather than main stage. I'd be inclined to agree with yourself about Leftfield again, maybe the Avalanches if they are still touring, Groove Armada are supposed to be reforming so they would be a good fit too.

The new Latitude lineup.

latitude-poster-2019.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Cat Power would be immense

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Underworld were absolutely insane at ATN last year. So good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Rolling Blackouts coastal fever are top of my wishlist this year. Cat Power would also be incredible, as Thundercats mentioned. Julia Jacklin was great in Other Voices 2 years ago.

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    Underworld were absolutely insane at ATN last year. So good.

They looked stunning on TV at the BBC Belfast festival.

Too soon for Underworld I reckon too, after their gig on Friday at EP 2015 and last year at ATN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Rolling Blackouts coastal fever are top of my wishlist this year. Cat Power would also be incredible, as Thundercats mentioned. Julia Jacklin was great in Other Voices 2 years ago.

Supporting Idles in the Iveagh Gardens in June in case anyone hadn't spotted it. Doesn't rule them out for EP, I'd say, but just in case people didn't want to take the chance and risk missing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Supporting Idles in the Iveagh Gardens in June in case anyone hadn't spotted it. Doesn't rule them out for EP, I'd say, but just in case people didn't want to take the chance and risk missing them!

11th July, should be great

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

Would love to see young fathers back. New song's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Just heard the pale playing whelans next Saturday. They were great fun at EP ticket sorted. Something to look forward to during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Doh! You're right BD, I blame too much beer at the Róisín last night. Pretty sure the others are correct though. And Underworld have played a fair few times also.

I wouldn't mind seeing Moby play. He has cross genre appeal, ticks the nostalgic box and would be epic to close out EP on the Sunday night.

Dany Hitch wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing Moby play. He has cross genre appeal, ticks the nostalgic box and would be epic to close out EP on the Sunday night.

See him loads of times. Always excellent. Plays rarely these days but he has an LA gig in March so there's some hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Dany Hitch wrote: »

That would be brilliant, we’ll probably get showing of Finding Nemo instead.

• Advertisement

The Specials album out on Friday and they're doing lots of UK festivals. Here in April at the Olympia but I'd say a certainty for a Summer festival. Dates more inclined towards ATN than EP though.

Advertisement