Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I get the feeling Gerry Cinnamon is gonna play at everything this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Any new Irish acts to recommend. Have caught the likes of Fontaines DC, Just Mustard, Oh Boland, The Murder Capital, Montauk Hotel, Touts, Dott, Slow Place Like Home, Paddy Hanna, David Keenan, Powpig and others recently but looking for others. Hoping to see Talos soon and who else should I be on the lookout for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Otherkin and Fangclub?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Any new Irish acts to recommend. Have caught the likes of Fontaines DC, Just Mustard, Oh Boland, The Murder Capital, Montauk Hotel, Touts, Dott, Slow Place Like Home, Paddy Hanna, David Keenan, Powpig and others recently but looking for others. Hoping to see Talos soon and who else should I be on the lookout for?

Elephant, silverbacks, shrug life, Ships, Spies, Melts

Otherkin and Fangclub?

Caught both at EP 2017. Decent but underwhelming I thought. Though hopefully both have progressed and willing to give them another try.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »

Thanks, that's a cool list. Caught Ships at EP & have listened to Melts but don't know the others. It's an impressive time for new Irish music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I enjoyed Bitch Falcon at EP despite the bad sound.

Good songs when recorded..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

Pillow Queens!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Also, Vulpynes

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I get the feeling Gerry Cinnamon is gonna play at everything this year.

Would be delighted to see him in Stradbally. Gigs look brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Lineup for festival in the UK the weekend before picnic. As an electronic music fan, probably one of the strongest lineups announced so far for me. Lots of acts I would love to see in Stradbally or down in Curraghmore for ATN.

https://twitter.com/lostvillagefest/status/1088044595794063362

Yves Tumor, SuperOrganisim, Little Dragon, Maribou State, Modeselektor, James Holden & An.Spirits are all acts i'd like to see for sure.

And I know there's absolutley loads that our resident Boards dancers would love as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That's a solid line up.

Maribou State, Little Dragon, David August, George Fitzgerald, Mano Le Tough, Peggy Gou, Superorganism, Todd Terje, DJ Seinfeld, James Holden & the Animal Spirits and Yves Tumor would be a great addition to any line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

This is something I have been updating the last month or two to see who is touring around other festivals during the summer. Considering we are getting closer to the announcements and the rumour mill going into over drive the next few weeks maybe some of you other festival fanatics will find this useful to see who might end up at EP or ATN!

Feel free to edit/update if anyone wants to put any other festivals onto the sheet. I should also say that any acts highlighted in red are already playing in Ireland next year so we can rule them out :P

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17UnkMyZC4cwg_vihcrPOMe5WhbI0phlZ0vs3uo1uTeE/edit?usp=sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

This is something I have been updating the last month or two to see who is touring around other festivals during the summer. Considering we are getting closer to the announcements and the rumour mill going into over drive the next few weeks maybe some of you other festival fanatics will find this useful to see who might end up at EP or ATN!

Feel free to edit/update if anyone wants to put any other festivals onto the sheet. I should also say that any acts highlighted in red are already playing in Ireland next year so we can rule them out :P

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17UnkMyZC4cwg_vihcrPOMe5WhbI0phlZ0vs3uo1uTeE/edit?usp=sharing

Imagine being able to cherry pick what you wanted from that lot. We'd have some weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Lineup for festival in the UK the weekend before picnic. As an electronic music fan, probably one of the strongest lineups announced so far for me. Lots of acts I would love to see in Stradbally or down in Curraghmore for ATN.

Oh that looks amazing.....so so much there for me

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

sweetie wrote: »

Laurie Shaw, Tribal Danc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Laurie Shaw, Tribal Danc
    Laurie Shaw! He played EP year before last, Body and Soul main stage to about 10 people but he has about 100 albums online if I remember right. Funny bastard, some great lyrics. I liked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Reading that gets me excited about who could headline EP then I remember last year's headliners and all excitement goes. But who knows. Defo enough there to make both ep and ATN great festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

BYEco Campsite mail:
    We're already excited for EP2019 and preparations have begun!

GENERAL RELEASE

If you have not camped with us previously and would like to join us this year, the registration link for general release will be posted to our Facebook in April/May. We don’t have a confirmed date yet but will let you guys know as soon as we have a set date.

LOYAL CAMPERS

If you have previously camped with us, we have your details and you will be sent an invitation link via email. We will post on Facebook to let you guys know when to expect the email. You will need to accept the invitation to confirm your place. As always, loyal spots are LIMITED TO ONE PERSON so any one camping with you that has not camped with us before will need to wait for general release.

OUR CAMPSITE

Last year was the first year in our new home and we are aware that we had a few teething problems. We are listening to all of your feedback and are busy making changes some of which include:

• We want to make sure that all of our campers are safe and comfortable so we will not be increasing capacity this year.

• The campsite entrance is going to move away from Rave in the Woods to ensure that everyone can enter and exit the campsite safely.

• We are aware that there were issues with late night music coming from our big tent. That wasn’t sanctioned last year and we will make sure it doesn’t happen again this year. All musicians will be informed and we will keep a closer eye on it this year.

If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch via email or our facebook page.

Much love and eco hugs
    BYEco Crew :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Tago Mago

BYEco Campsite mail:

I never's got's a mail :-(

(the late, late night music was a great treat :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

BYEco Campsite mail:

I need this in my EP life!! Will make or break my weekend!!
    I love the honesty ref trouble getting into the site vs rave in the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

The Beths played a super set last night in Grand Social, I'd be delighted to see them again at EP.

A few goodies in that Lost village lineup, Modeselektor particularly and this guy who BBC6 are fawning over at the moment. And what a track this is:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

when is the first announcement normally made folks?

everlast75 wrote: »
    when is the first announcement normally made folks?

2nd-3rd week of march?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

SO frustrating not having any idea who's on the bill for EP. Seriously considering going to Rock Werchter again this year, but don't want to fork out if the lineups are going to be similar. Despite the craic... anyone think there'll be any crossover?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

I'd love to see Elder Island at EP, they'd fit right in. Got to see them at the grand social, they were brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

ECO

• The campsite entrance is going to move away from Rave in the Woods to ensure that everyone can enter and exit the campsite safely.

Is that because someone nearly got stabbed last year!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So when does this kick off, I want to go now. :D:D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement