Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Mucker46 wrote: »
    The cure are the start of a run of 5 gigs and kaleidoscope for me over the next month. Don't care what the weather is like for the cure will be there to the bitter end. Also just discovered ride and well impressed
    Nowhere and Going blank again two brilliant albums, Mucker. You'd love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

endainoz wrote: »
    Seems like a few of us are going to this one. Can't wait to see the chain done live!

Buzzing, they do a few Crowded House and Tom Petty covers towards the end of the set as well or at least they’ve been doing it at most gigs since they hit the road. Been a dream of mine to see them for years. Gonna be my mam’s 4th time to see them.

My roster is packed in June and August but bare in July. Fleetwood Mac and Noely G and guests, and 90s 00s disco day all in June. Open Air, Post Malone, Foo Fighters and EP in August. Nothing in between. Then Sigrid in November. No wonder I’m still in me ma’s box room

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

The cure are the start of a run of 5 gigs and kaleidoscope for me over the next month. Don't care what the weather is like for the cure will be there to the bitter end. Also just discovered ride and well impressed

First band of the day also very good. Shoegazers Just Mustard from Dundalk, were nominated for the Choice prize last year. The Twilight Sad I've not listened to but likely worth a look if recommended by Bob.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Nowhere and Going blank again two brilliant albums, Mucker. You'd love them.

New album sounding good too from the tracks I've heard. BBC6 playing the single on heavy rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I am with you and in fairness think she is only doing it to rile me as keeps buying me tickets and encouraging me to go to gigs (....why does she want me out of the house so much???)

Ah gotcha but there are people who do actually think like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’m actually very quiet this summer....the marquee in cork is woeful this year. Fleetwood Mac, tame impala and ep!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Seathrun66 wrote:
    First band of the day also very good. Shoegazers Just Mustard from Dundalk, were nominated for the Choice prize last year. The Twilight Sad I've not listened to but likely worth a look if recommended by Bob.

Caught about half of just mustard at Primavera, very good. Even got a smile from the singer when I shouted 'up the town!'

I got the new Twilight sad , for me needs a bit more time but reviews were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Don't really get just mustard but will turn up to see what they are like live. Twilight sad defo worth a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Rfrip wrote: »
    I’m actually very quiet this summer....the marquee in cork is woeful this year. Fleetwood Mac, tame impala and ep!

The Marquee has a terrible lineup this year but Sounds from a Safe Harbour doesn't look too bad.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Mucker46 wrote:
    Also turned 40 before first EP in 2012. Wife now thinking I should be getting to the end festivals but I want more. Middle age crisis maybe but better than a sports car and leggy blonde

41 for my first EP, this year will be my 13th. Also took up surfing that year, which I am still at. Just back from Vantastival at weekend, Body and Soul in 3 weeks and of course EP again for wife and I. And son and I were at God's of Rap 2 weeks ago!

Christ I am such a mid life crisis cliche! Or is that culchie. But it is enjoyable!

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Mucker46 wrote:
    Don't really get just mustard but will turn up to see what they are like live. Twilight sad defo worth a listen

Just Mustard great at the weekend at Vantastival. The town was well represented by David Keenan and the border cosmic phyicso sound of Jinx Lennon was brilliant, great watching people reaction who hadn't seen him before.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Burkie94

Yeah I'm packed out too. Knew I'd have this month off so went a bit overboard with gigs. Was at FF over the weekend, hitting The Cure on Saturday. Fleetwood and Noel Gallagher (and Doves :D ) the following week. Then I'm down to Cork the weekend after to see Versatile, The Coronas (I know, but Sigrid is playing) and the Liam Gallagher. Finishing off the month with Tame Impala then.

Thank feck I'm starting a new job then in July because I'm hoping to manage Longitude, ATN and EP then throughout the summer. I'm a wee bit excited :D

Burkie94 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm packed out too. Knew I'd have this month off so went a bit overboard with gigs. Was at FF over the weekend, hitting The Cure on Saturday. Fleetwood and Noel Gallagher (and Doves :D ) the following week. Then I'm down to Cork the weekend after to see Versatile, The Coronas (I know, but Sigrid is playing) and the Liam Gallagher. Finishing off the month with Tame Impala then.

Thank feck I'm starting a new job then in July because I'm hoping to manage Longitude, ATN and EP then throughout the summer. I'm a wee bit excited :D

Have you ordered the new liver?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

They're class

Off the new album (VTr)

From a few albums ago

I hadn't realised how good the support for the Cure was. Looks like an excellent days music!
    That new Ride album is magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

Excellent folding camp chairs in Aldi this week for 20 quid.

Bought two cos they fit into a ruck sack rather than carrying or strapping them to it.

In other news my Glastonbury tickets arrived on Tuesday :-)

Ride doing a gig at the Workmans Club at midnight tomorrow for anyone interested. If you're missing The Cure then this could be a special gig indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Ride doing a gig at the Workmans Club at midnight tomorrow for anyone interested. If you're missing The Cure then this could be a special gig indeed.

Ticket sorted for that! Last time I saw Ride was the Friday night of EP 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

thebusher wrote: »

Bought two cos they fit into a ruck sack rather than carrying or strapping them to it.

My trolley and chair are still in the boot from last year.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭rubick

thebusher wrote: »

In other news my Glastonbury tickets arrived on Tuesday :-)

Excellent mate! We got Coach Tickets so won't get ours until we're at the Pedestrian Gate A coach park. Flights 8.30am on the Wednesday, can't wait. Have the first draft of the schedule drawn up, to be finalised on Park Hill on Wednesday afternoon with a pint of Park Stage cider. :)

Rfrip wrote: »
    Yeah totally agree, she will be this year’s dua lipa I think.

Even bigger going by her album sales. Number one all over Europe and Australasia. Still number one in the US more than two months after release.

A real coup for EP I think and she may draw the biggest crowd of the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

Even bigger going by her album sales. Number one all over Europe and Australasia. Still number one in the US more than two months after release.

A real coup for EP I think and she may draw the biggest crowd of the weekend.

i've been banging on about her for ages here and its been luke warm,
    I think the saturation of her recently has put some people off,
    the album is brilliant, the current single "bad guy" being the weakest on it in my opinion, a catchy tune all right but lacks so much depth compared to every other song she has done and is very much a a throw away pop song compared to the rest of the material, I dont see her as a pop artist, her stuff is very diverse and a lot of it is quite dark. the previous tracks before the album are first class too, love her attitude too, seems like a really cool person with her head screwed on (bearing in mind she's only 17)
    Her brother is a huge part of her success, i love the way its just the two of them and no-one else, the production of the songs is really interesting
    and the way he handles the vocals harmonies etc. is so emotive

I genuinely think that her set will be the highlight of the weekend, i expect there to be more people at her than any other artist bar none, the crowd reaction will be unbelievable as well no doubt, the place will be hopping, she clearly has legions of passionate younger fans but she appeals to a huge section of the crowd including us baldy dads!

not that it matters but this is from the perspective of someone that is not usually a mainstream listener and but she is so interesting and refreshing and quite unlike any other big act out there,
    bonus points for not sexualising herself unlike so many female artists out there and wearing whatever the fck she wants!

ok, im done! Billie for president!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Stillill42

A passionate endorsement, formations. I'll give her a listen, so.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    A passionate endorsement, formations. I'll give her a listen, so.

I've taken a shine to this:

i've been banging on about her for ages here and its been luke warm,
    I think the saturation of her recently has put some people off,
    the album is brilliant, the current single "bad guy" being the weakest on it in my opinion, a catchy tune all right but lacks so much depth compared to every other song she has done and is very much a a throw away pop song compared to the rest of the material, I dont see her as a pop artist, her stuff is very diverse and a lot of it is quite dark. the previous tracks before the album are first class too, love her attitude too, seems like a really cool person with her head screwed on (bearing in mind she's only 17)
    Her brother is a huge part of her success, i love the way its just the two of them and no-one else, the production of the songs is really interesting
    and the way he handles the vocals harmonies etc. is so emotive

I genuinely think that her set will be the highlight of the weekend, i expect there to be more people at her than any other artist bar none, the crowd reaction will be unbelievable as well no doubt, the place will be hopping, she clearly has legions of passionate younger fans but she appeals to a huge section of the crowd including us baldy dads!

not that it matters but this is from the perspective of someone that is not usually a mainstream listener and but she is so interesting and refreshing and quite unlike any other big act out there,
    bonus points for not sexualising herself unlike so many female artists out there and wearing whatever the fck she wants!

ok, im done! Billie for president!

cheers

She'll undoubtedly have an enormous audience but Hozier may draw as many. Probably pulled the biggest crowd I've ever seen at the fest a few years ago and he's only got bigger since. Florence will also bring the numbers.

I've taken a shine to this:

Love that tune. Daughter had been on to me for ages to listen to her but i was if you like her i wont. Listened to her as part of research after announcement and was really impressed. Our first crossover band. Unless there is a serious clash will go to see her. Expect massive crowd of all ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Paddy2012

Yeah I'm a big fan of her debut album, this is an incredibly well written and produced song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbMwTqkKSps

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm a big fan of her debut album, this is an incredibly well written and produced song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbMwTqkKSps

stunning track, my favourite of all of hers!
    great video too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

The Cure 2012, unreal set for a festival, James Vincent Morrow 2014 (I think) one of those gigs where both band and crowd up for it, otherkin 2016 and st Vincent last year.

I thought the St Vincent set on the Sunday night last year was brilliant. :)

nc6000 wrote: »

First time seeing them and loved it

• Advertisement

nc6000 wrote: »

yeah she's superb,
    did you see St Vincent & David Byrne in 2013,
    one of the highlights of my 7yrs at EP

Advertisement