Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Yeah imagination are playing that one too. Its funny I haven't heard anything more about Forever Young, I wonder how their ticket sales is doing, not a blip in the media about it which makes me suspect this could fold if there is no interest in it like the Westport festival a few years back that was supposed to have Duran Duran headlining in which they eventually headlined the Picnic in 2017.

The Westport festival did pretty well for three years but the promoters thought they'd make a killing by moving it to Killarney in 2015 and increasing the capacity. Textbook over-reaching.

They booked bigger artists, including Duran, but then had trouble with the licence size, the use of the National Park (a Mayo MP questioned this use and the move from Westport in the Dáil), deposits for bands and an insurance deposit. I'd assume ticket sales were poor as a non-camping festival in Killarney in peak-Summer comes with enormous accommodation costs. They were then only given a 10,000 daily capacity licence (as opposed to the 18,000 requested) and had to change venue. They also had a court judgement against them for €300k from Mario Rosenstock over other promoted events and it all went belly up. Not quite Fyre Island but far from consummate administration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Mucker46

For anyone who has not yet discovered the playirish radio station a good article on it. Can't get link to work but copy to browser

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/why-does-irish-music-on-the-radio-seem-to-begin-and-end-with-hozier-1.3865168?mode=amp

Link appears to be working now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mucker46 wrote: »
    For anyone who has not yet discovered the playirish radio station a good article on it. Can't get link to work but copy to browser

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/why-does-irish-music-on-the-radio-seem-to-begin-and-end-with-hozier-1.3865168?mode=amp

I've listened a few times. Great that it exists and I'll give it the odd listen but much of the music is not to my taste and reminds me of more commercial stations. I think the playlist simply isn't diverse enough and bar the Fontaines the indie guitar bands are barely getting a look in. Though I think that'll likely change with time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Caravan Palace would be an amazing addition! I saw them at glasto in 2016 at about 4am and they were so much fun

• Advertisement

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I've listened a few times. Great that it exists and I'll give it the odd listen but much of the music is not to my taste and reminds me of more commercial stations. I think the playlist simply isn't diverse enough and bar the Fontaines the indie guitar bands are barely getting a look in. Though I think that'll likely change with time.

It's a bit hit and miss but get some good tunes. Defo a listen in short stints and can get repetitive but great to see and hopefully will become a bit more diverse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

MadYaker wrote: »
    Caravan Palace would be an amazing addition! I saw them at glasto in 2016 at about 4am and they were so much fun

https://youtu.be/-7JOa3dISg0

Watch from 2:10 on to really appreciate epic rodie timing at 3:30 ;)

Both Groove Armada and Paul Oakenfold finish tours in August + have been added to mystery land in the Netherlands one week before EP, strong possibility of being added now

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Just wondering is done deal the best place to get rid of tickets.
    I don't want to go with touts like Viagogo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Limerick91 wrote: »

Toutless is your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Both Groove Armada and Paul Oakenfold finish tours in August + have been added to mystery land in the Netherlands one week before EP, strong possibility of being added now

Groove Armada headlining Beatyard.

Groove Armada headlining Beatyard.

****e yeah that was actually pointed put already

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How many have you, I promised someone 2 of mine when I shouldn't have had. Give you face value if it's any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

MadYaker wrote: »

Thanks for the recommendation. I never heard of them. I’m absolutely loving them. Not normally what I would listen to bit they are great, they would fit in perfectly on one of the smaller stages late at night

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

bergipau wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendation. I never heard of them. I’m absolutely loving them. Not normally what I would listen to bit they are great, they would fit in perfectly on one of the smaller stages late at night

Look up Parov Stelar on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Tago Mago

PM'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭fafy

For anyone who needs camping gear, some good offers in Lidl, they have a range of “Crivit” camping gear.

Sleeping bags €18
    Thermal-self inflatable Mat €19
    Camping pillow €10
    Led Torch with built in 2200 mAh power bank €10
    (Charges your phone)

Some other items also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

fafy wrote: »
    For anyone who needs camping gear, some good offers in Lidl, they have a range of “Crivit” camping gear.

Sleeping bags €18
    Thermal-self inflatable Mat €19
    Camping pillow €10
    Led Torch with built in 2200 mAh power bank €10
    (Charges your phone)

Some other items also

On the phone front. Do not bother yer holes with anything less than 10,000 mAh.

Most modern smart phones have batteries in the 2-3000 mAh range, even small phones like the iPhone 5s & se are in the 1600 range.

On the phone front. Do not bother yer holes with anything less than 10,000 mAh.

Most modern smart phones have batteries in the 2-3000 mAh range, even small phones like the iPhone 5s & se are in the 1600 range.

I agree, i have a 20,000 mAh one, but i want a separate torch to my phoneand handy to have some additional power for phone & vaper charging.

Snarky Snark Snark

I agree, i have a 20,000 mAh one, but i want a separate torch to my phone and handy to have some additional power for phone & vaper charging.

I use 3 LED lights, (led head torch, small led hand torch and a led lantern (which is about the size of a travel mug)). Fresh batteries each year with spares in car which leaves my power bank for the phone only.

2aLNoaB.jpg

I usually have a 20k mAh bank in the tent and a spare 15k in the car (which lives there). Have always found it to be handy to over spec as at least one of the neighbouring tents will have forgotten or run out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I like to go old school

478843.jpg

Snarky Snark Snark

Very old school, whore cheeks and blue lippy is so 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So what's happening here. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

next lineup announcement in august. **** that's so far away

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

cjdennis29 wrote: »
    next lineup announcement in august. **** that's so far away

Well it might be May, June or July, it was last year they announced the second one in August, I suppose it all depends on when acts can confirm their touring schedules.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Hopefully they don't pull the same stunt again by waiting until August. That was a real b*tch of a wait and the fact that they announced it the Friday of ATN took away from the excitement too as I was on the way down to that.

Other announcements for EP have fallen around these dates:
    Casa Bacardi - early July
    Body & Soul - late July
    Other Voices - early July
    Jerry Fish - mid August

Any others to add in? Either way we are probably waiting a couple of months to hear anything.

Hopefully they don't pull the same stunt again by waiting until August. That was a real b*tch of a wait and the fact that they announced it the Friday of ATN took away from the excitement too as I was on the way down to that.

Other announcements for EP have fallen around these dates:
    Casa Bacardi - early July
    Body & Soul - late July
    Other Voices - early July
    Jerry Fish - mid August

Any others to add in? Either way we are probably waiting a couple of months to hear anything.

Sadly no other voices this year.

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Sadly no other voices this year.

Goona miss it, a hige loss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I was very very cranky in last year’s thread....the wait was ridiculous

I’m going to try not do the same this year. But I can’t promise anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Goona miss it, a hige loss

Spent most of friday there last year, some great performances seen.

Advertisement