Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'd have thought they'd have been an ideal candidate for the Monday of Forbidden Fruit if it had to be a show at the start of the summer. Elbow isn't the most interesting of bookings.

Obviously, I know it depends on dates, promoters, contracts, availability, etc but the arena show does seem a little strange in the midst of a festival tour.
    they're playing 2 indoor gigs in England in June too, London and Blackpool. Also playing a non-festival outdoor German gig too.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Tago Mago

Cross-pollination between Tame Impala & POND is very strong so they'd be my choice as second installment psychedelic hit.

Actually their latest record 'Tasmania' sounds better than the two Tame Impala tunes debuted most recently, although time aplenty for Parker to redeem himself yet.

(Bit harsh considering he produced the POND record! :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Dublin isn't their only arena show- also playing London, Blackpool and Berlin

What I'd inferred is that this may not be the only TI show in Ireland. They're playing festivals in Germany and England (Glastonbury, Hurricane, Southside) alongside arena slots so they're still a possibility for an Irish festival this Summer. And I think they're now too big for any other than EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'd love if you were correct but fear that the dark lord satan will be pissing on our cornflakes and giving us westlife or other muck.

have any acts played the 3Arena in May/June/July/August in recent years and come back for EP?

I know FATM started their European/UK tour there a few days after playing EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

have any acts played the 3Arena in May/June/July/August in recent years and come back for EP?

I assume Tame Impala will sell out straight away? Is there an extreme long shot they could be added to EP afterwards?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I assume Tame Impala will sell out straight away? Is there an extreme long shot they could be added to EP afterwards?

Im hoping it doesnt sell out tbh , i cant afford tickets for next month or so. IF all goes to all ill grab cheap seats and just walk downstairs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'd be surprised if it did, it seems late in the day to be announcing a mid summer gig for a band of that stature, a lot of people will have their pennies pre-allocated to Forbidden Fruit, ATN, EP, and other misadventures...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'd be surprised if it doesn't. It seems to me that I'm the only one that's broke. Everything sells out in 2 minutes these days, or at least anything of worth.

Very few acts I can think of who've played major shows here then returned for EP. It's a longshot but hey, tread softly.....

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if it doesn't. It seems to me that I'm the only one that's broke. Everything sells out in 2 minutes these days, or at least anything of worth.

Seconded. Gone in a few minutes I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I'd be surprised if it did, it seems late in the day to be announcing a mid summer gig for a band of that stature, a lot of people will have their pennies pre-allocated to Forbidden Fruit, ATN, EP, and other misadventures...

That sounds like me, would love to go to Tame Impala but have Vedder and Weller the next week, 2 days in a row, no way I could swing another trip to Dublin that close.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

For anyone who remembers my post about the childer reacting to the first EP announcement with “where the f**k is Khalid”... here he is, with Mabel and RAYE as support
    https://www.aikenpromotions.com/shows/show/2048-khalid-free-spirit-world-tour-live-in-dublin-belfast.html

Quite like his new tune with Disclosure. Would have hit him up for a bit if he had appeared in Stradbally this year but not gonna happen now

1st Coachella this weekend! Get a bigbag O'cans in for the live stream. Tame Impala ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

1st Coachella this weekend! Get a bigbag O'cans in for the live stream. Tame Impala ;)

Hopefully Aphex too :D:D:D Just checked schedule he is not in the A's :(

https://www.youtube.com/user/coachella/coachellalive

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Oh will have to check that out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

https://pitchfork.com/news/coachella-2019-youtube-live-stream-details-childish-gambino-kacey-musgraves-the-1975-more/

Full stream details for weekend one if people are interested. Does anyone know if they stay up after or can you only watch live? I'd like to catch Janelle Monae but f*ck getting up at 5am to see it!

Not a huge amount of overlap but people may be interested in the 1975 or Billie Eilish? Dermot Kennedy is on Sunday too.

https://pitchfork.com/news/coachella-2019-youtube-live-stream-details-childish-gambino-kacey-musgraves-the-1975-more/

Full stream details for weekend one if people are interested. Does anyone know if they stay up after or can you only watch live? I'd like to catch Janelle Monae but f*ck getting up at 5am to see it!

Not a huge amount of overlap but people may be interested in the 1975 or Billie Eilish? Dermot Kennedy is on Sunday too.

they stay up, you can usually rewind about 4 hours or so on the youtube livestream from memory.
    most of them they re-show throughout the next day too (when it's night/morning in the US)

Looks like we're gonna be getting a visual feast for Four Tet's set, but that does look like a Rave in the Woods too, loving the sound and even though the camera is quite a bit away from the stage its still looks visually stunning. Oddly enough Four Tet is opening for Aphex Twin at Coachella, so from one laser show to the Phex's mind melt.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Looks like we're gonna be getting a visual feast for Four Tet's set, but that does look like a Rave in the Woods too, loving the sound and even though the camera is quite a bit away from the stage its still looks visually stunning. Oddly enough Four Tet is opening for Aphex Twin at Coachella, so from one laser show to the Phex's mind melt.

That looks pretty buzzy! Think I'll be heading along to that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Tame Impala ticket sorted thank God for Christmas presents of Ticketmaster gift cards. End June start of July looking good for few nights out with music.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Flaming Lips have announced Soft Bulletin 20th anniversary tour in the UK on September 5,6,7. Please make it so!

Wouldn’t be surprised if we got a few from Kaleidoscope at EP, part of a package deal, would like Bell XI and would more than likely head to see Tom Odell.

Jauz at like 5pm, he's playing baby shark

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Was Going to write something epic but way too baloobas...

Would mind seeing him at the throwback stage down in Freetow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,157 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

At Neds atomic dustbin in Glasgow, supported by PWEI and Miles Hunt.

I'd take any of those for EP

Well, what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not EP related but there is a website that creates your own festival lineup based on your spotify history. Pretty fecking accurate in my book anyway! Unfortunately I doubt a single one of them will be appearing in Stradbally in 2019.

Here is a link to the website if anyone else wants to give it a go.

Ld6pz4F.jpg

Not EP related but there is a website that creates your own festival lineup based on your spotify history. Pretty fecking accurate in my book anyway! Unfortunately I doubt a single one of them will be appearing in Stradbally in 2019.

Here is a link to the website if anyone else wants to give it a go.

Ld6pz4F.jpg

I'd go to that.

• Advertisement

Well, what's happening.

Watching a band called The interrupters on a Coachella stream, Ska band that would be very welcome at EP.

Advertisement