Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kg703

Or Chemical Brothers. :)

If Slipknot and the Chemical brothers were playing, I’d give them all my money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Chems were 2016, way too soon to have them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

We're talking about a Kaleidoscope announcement joke further back the pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Just a question with regards to tickets,has anyone received day tickets for Sunday yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

We're talking about a Kaleidoscope announcement joke further back the pages.

euuugh, cross contaminators!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Rfrip wrote: »
    Aw Bombay bicycle club announced for all together now. Would have loved them for ep

And John Grant, he’s playing here more than chic at this rate!!

Yep, saw him in Leisureland on Sat. He's back here with Villagers for the Arts Fest in July and now ATN. We need to start dishing out honorary passports.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Yep, saw him in Leisureland on Sat. He's back here with Villagers for the Arts Fest in July and now ATN. We need to start dishing out honorary passports.

And he was here in cork last week!

Probably so, but it hasn't stopped EP before:

Orbital - 2009/2012
    Basement Jaxx - 2006/2009
    Groove Armada - 2004/2006
    LCD Soundsystem - 2005/2007/2010/2016
    Chemical Brothers - 2007/2011/2016

And not quite the late night dance act but Hot Chip basically every two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Probably so, but it hasn't stopped EP before:

Orbital - 2009/2012
    Basement Jaxx - 2006/2009
    Groove Armada - 2004/2006
    LCD Soundsystem - 2005/2007/2010/2016
    Chemical Brothers - 2007/2011/2016

And not quite the late night dance act but Hot Chip basically every two years.

In saying that its been some time since hot chip last played?
    Groove Armada please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Fatfrog wrote: »
    In saying that its been some time since hot chip last played?
    Groove Armada please:)

Groove will be at beatyard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well its gotta Aphex Twin then, fcuk it, I said it. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Groove will be at beatyard

Been seven years since Orbital played. And nine for Leftfield. If the former they wouldn't be announced until after the Galway gig in late July. Not billed as an Irish exclusive so there's a chance. Happy with either.

Been seven years since Orbital played. And nine for Leftfield. If the former they wouldn't be announced until after the Galway gig in late July. Not billed as an Irish exclusive so there's a chance. Happy with either.

There's a possibility there but then again they could be snapped up by one of these US mega rave festivals like Electric Forest that happens on the same weekend as EP, here's hoping though.

Fecking typical, Pixies announced for a late September gig in Dublin, why this group has evaded the Picnic radar is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Fecking typical, Pixies announced for a late September gig in Dublin, why this group has evaded the Picnic radar is beyond me.

Oh absolutely. Ridiculous.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Oh absolutely. Ridiculous.

More money in headline shows? Thats my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Durand Jones and the Indications 'American Love Call' is probably my album of the year so far and would be perfect for the picnic but playing in mid August :(

Stephen Malkmus is playing solo in mid september, I've a feeling I may be selling my ticket and doing ATN instead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Dermwex

Hi again everyone. Messaging a woman selling a ticket for €250. She sent me a photo of it. It looks like a regular ticket to me! I’ll give Ticketmaster a call tomorrow and hope they don’t hang up on me considering they don’t approve of reselling lark. She’s explained why she isn’t going and her Facebook page seems 100% with hundreds of photos and friends. Only thing worrying me is she’s the one and only person selling for that cheap. I’m an anxious gambler ha

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Dermwex wrote: »
    Hi again everyone. Messaging a woman selling a ticket for €250. She sent me a photo of it. It looks like a regular ticket to me! I’ll give Ticketmaster a call tomorrow and hope they don’t hang up on me considering they don’t approve of reselling lark. She’s explained why she isn’t going and her Facebook page seems 100% with hundreds of photos and friends. Only thing worrying me is she’s the one and only person selling for that cheap. I’m an anxious gambler ha

Sounds legit, but definitely only meet in person in a public place and you should be fine!

Sounds legit, but definitely only meet in person in a public place and you should be fine!

I'd advise meet at her home or verified workplace. Also it's probably what she paid, some people are decent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I sold tickets before to a gig and the buyers asked to meet at a ticketmaster. They brought the tickets in and got the employee to check that they were valid tickets.

I had no problem with that.

Might be an idea for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Have also bought and sold tickets on Adverts/toutless and never had an issue.

everlast75 wrote: »
    I sold tickets before to a gig and the buyers asked to meet at a ticketmaster. They brought the tickets in and got the employee to check that they were valid tickets.

I had no problem with that.

Might be an idea for you.

Thank you for the tip! She agreed straight away no bother. Driving up Sunday to get it! Delighted I am. Once it scans in Ticketmaster I’ll be a very happy man. I will of course buy everyone here a pint of vodka as a thank you

Thank you for the tip! She agreed straight away no bother. Driving up Sunday to get it! Delighted I am. Once it scans in Ticketmaster I’ll be a very happy man. I will of course buy everyone here a pint of vodka as a thank you

A costly promise dude, make mine an absinthe. :D

Also ask for ID and take down details. I've bought and sold on Toutless with no issues. Wouldn't trade elsewhere and always at face value. Loads of decent people selling but the advice about meeting in the seller's home or workplace is also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kg703

Understandable. I never overcharge for tickets if I’m selling them, I remember selling two tickets for a sell out and I only had the paper ones. The guy was very nervous about buying because I wasn’t asking for anything over the price. I met him at my apt and showed him ID and told him the reasons I couldn’t go etc.

Some people have morals and high horses :)

saw on the facebook page for Idles on tuesday that someone had scammed a couple of people, always do your due diligence. If you arent sure there'll always be another ticket closer to the event

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

sweetie wrote: »
    saw on the facebook page for Idles on tuesday that someone had scammed a couple of people, always do your due diligence. If you arent sure there'll always be another ticket closer to the event

90% of the posts on the facebook event pages are scammers never use facebook for tickets.

showpony1 wrote: »
    90% of the posts on the facebook event pages are scammers never use facebook for tickets.

I've bought and sold tickets on facebook but i've been careful and not desperate

• Advertisement

A costly promise dude, make mine an absinthe. :D

Absinthe?? I like the way you think. I wouldn’t want to survive the weekend either:) Damp and cold in my tent with a belly full of absinthe. Bliss

Advertisement