Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Adverts is great for buying and selling tickets. Stick to people with good feedback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Dermwex

Mr.S wrote: »
    Does the ticket have her name on the bottom? If so, it can be cancelled and re-issued and your ticket will be useless.

If it says CASH, you have a little more confidence knowing it's much harder to cancel.

Use common sense though, if they seem genuine, they probably are.

Good point! I hadn’t thought of that. It really is a gamble then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Dermwex wrote: »
    Good point! I hadn’t thought of that. It really is a gamble then

Last time I bought / semi-swapped a w/e ticket for a campervan ticket, we both agreed to bring proof of identity and a recent utility bill. We took photos of the utility bills with addresses.

If people are genuine they should have no issue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

Mr.S wrote: »
    Does the ticket have her name on the bottom? If so, it can be cancelled and re-issued and your ticket will be useless.

If it says CASH, you have a little more confidence knowing it's much harder to cancel.

Use common sense though, if they seem genuine, they probably are.

yeah, i dont think this is re-iterated enough.....

I typed my house number wrong years ago on my order,
    two days to go and i had no tickets, realised my mistake and got on to TM
    they cancelled my tickets and i collected new ones from the box office at EP,
    so basically as far as i can see there is nothing to stop someone ringing TM saying they have no tickets (while they have) and get new ones sent out, then flogging the cancelled tickets, they look perfect, genuine tickets but
    they will not scan at the gates

rgds

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Starting to think we may get Lewis Capaldi this year. Album out soon, number 1 song in Ireland the last few weeks, and booked for a few festivals this year already including one in Jersey on 31st of August. So could be a shoe in for Friday or Sunday in EE

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Starting to think we may get Lewis Capaldi this year. Album out soon, number 1 song in Ireland the last few weeks, and booked for a few festivals this year already including one in Jersey on 31st of August. So could be a shoe in for Friday or Sunday in EE

He is pretty much living here this year , Played with Picture This for 5 nights, Supporting Walking on Cars in Cork , Supporting The Killers in Belfast , Playing Indie along with a headline show later on in the year. Must be the new Nile Rodgers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Synode wrote: »
    Adverts is great for buying and selling tickets. Stick to people with good feedback

Use adverts all the time, transaction using PayPal then registered post.
    People seem wary about this, but pick sellers with a good score and PayPal is traceable, shouldn't have any issues.

This is a sweet method, transaction happens straight away no back outs you know the deal is done. I can't deal with the Muppets that commit to buy then back out, can't meet tonight etc or agree a price, then try to renegotiate price when you meet. A few weeks ago a lady wanted me to drive 100km to meet her for a €50 ticket!! :)

But all that aside, some punters are absolute fool's, I don't know how they're not ripped off more often.
    I had early birds last year I was selling at face value €430 for both (Includes PayPal fee and reg.post) , all other adds were €600-700. The person that bought my tickets asked me why they were so cheap and "what's an early bird", after they bought them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

Is that the guy who needs "some buddy to heal, some buddy to care" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Great stuff - I loved him as Dr. Who!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Tame Impala announce a show in the 3Arena on 26th June. That is a blow, I really got my hopes up that they would be announced for EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Tame impala ...3arena....26th June.....

Lol ya bet me to it. I’m gutted...midweek gigs in Dublin are just so so painful for me but il have to try get tickets for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Really disappointed about tame impala. Was hoping they’d be stradbally bound

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah I probably won't bother going to see them in the 3Arena either, €60+ on a ticket, €20+ on transport and then whatever you spend on food drinks and it becomes a very expensive night for probably 2 hours of music on a week night. There aren't a hell of a lot of acts left that are touring that I would like to see at EP.

Yeah I probably won't bother going to see them in the 3Arena either, €60+ on a ticket, €20+ on transport and then whatever you spend on food drinks and it becomes a very expensive night for probably 2 hours of music on a week night. There aren't a hell of a lot of acts left that are touring that I would like to see at EP.

And that’s why Il try get tickets for them, there’s very little I’d travel for tbh or left that I’d go to Dublin for

Robyn now will prob be announced for the following Wednesday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kg703

Absolutely delighted cause I can't make EP and I was certain they'd be there! Still a possibility for the third announcement though, everyone can be happy then :)

Rfrip wrote: »
    Lol ya bet me to it. I’m gutted...midweek gigs in Dublin are just so so painful for me but il have to try get tickets for this

Balls! midweek too! Was sure they were nailed on!! Is it late to be announcing a June gig for the likes of Tame Impala?

We'll form a bordsie booze bus to it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Disappointed about Tame Impala, but it does make the guessing as to who the hell we are going to get in the second announcement all the more interesting.

I for one have not got a ****ing clue

An underwhelming second announcment I would say!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭endainoz

Suppose it's way too hopeful to get The Raconteurs? Played the first live show in years over the weekend, sounded brilliant from the rough phone videos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

endainoz wrote: »
    Suppose it's way too hopeful to get The Raconteurs? Played the first live show in years over the weekend, sounded brilliant from the rough phone videos

That would please me in a most moistened fashion...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id love for them to support Tame Impala :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

I'm really hoping Lizzo will be on the second announcement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I wouldn't bet on it tbh. They have announced a chunk of European dates, all in May or June, and are back in the US in August.

They've nothing announced for EP weekend (their latest show is August 19) but it looks like quite a limited tour for Europe.

I'd like them to do another leg but Jack White (solo) and the White Stripes often skipped Ireland entirely so I wouldn't be surprised if the Raconteurs do the same.

Saw them at Oxegen 2008. They were pretty good iir, even if the albums have been hit-and-miss!

EDIT: Scratch that - as davywalsh7 pointed out, tour extends right through EP time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

They’re playin in America Aug 29 and sep3 so I’d say that pretty much rules them out unfortunately. Would have loved them to be added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭endainoz

davywalsh7 wrote:
    They’re playin in America Aug 29 and sep3 so I’d say that pretty much rules them out unfortunately. Would have loved them to be added

Yeah I know it's wishful thinking, hopefully they get added to Glastonbury, and BBC should cover a bit of it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Tame Impala announce a show in the 3Arena on 26th June. That is a blow, I really got my hopes up that they would be announced for EP.

Is that not an odd gig for them to play mid-Summer in the middle of a festival headlining tour? Though I guess it counts as a Glasto warm-up.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Is that not an odd gig for them to play mid-Summer in the middle of a festival headlining tour? Though I guess it counts as a Glasto warm-up.

Was thinking the same myself, I know there's 2 and a bit months until the Tame Impala gig, but surely it would have been known/planned well before? And if yes, I would think MCD would have released this gig earlier, around EP's announcement just to "piss on their chips" (I love using that expression! :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Seathrun66 wrote: »

I'd have thought they'd have been an ideal candidate for the Monday of Forbidden Fruit if it had to be a show at the start of the summer. Elbow isn't the most interesting of bookings.

Obviously, I know it depends on dates, promoters, contracts, availability, etc but the arena show does seem a little strange in the midst of a festival tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I'd have thought they'd have been an ideal candidate for the Monday of Forbidden Fruit if it had to be a show at the start of the summer. Elbow isn't the most interesting of bookings.

Obviously, I know it depends on dates, promoters, contracts, availability, etc but the arena show does seem a little strange in the midst of a festival tour.

Dublin isn't their only arena show- also playing London, Blackpool and Berlin

Advertisement