Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2018 - General discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today was a really nice day here at Dunshaughlin, especially the afternoon and towards sunset. It felt warm, barely any clouds in the sky and sun was nice, the first decent drying we've had in about 2 weeks. It could be next April or May before we feel another day as warm and sunny as today was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Another dismal crappy high humidity overcast day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Another dismal crappy high humidity overcast day

Yep same here, not a single ray of sunshine today. Still very mild though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Have not seen much sun the last few days, same again today but for me it a very mild morning you can sit outside this morning quite comfortably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Very disappointing day breezy overcast and a persistent drizzle. Getting dark already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It has turned into a very nice clear sunny afternoon/evening in north Dublin after an overcast morning. It's now 11.1C.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Very dark out, turning on the lights already, strange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If this carries on much longer may kill someone! Really hateful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Turned into a beautiful sunny day after,got out for a quick walk really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fantastic day in the west

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam Co galway 18/11/18 14.10 temperature 10°C
    ArctKMm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Real nice day in Dublin 13 with plentiful blue skies and a great evening to top it off. Moon pic taken with my new camera.

rTx5kUO.jpg

wHVklWv.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Beautiful brilliant bright clear sunny day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today was a perfect sunny Autumn day, can certainly feel the chill compared to the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Beautiful day here in Dublin 5. This November has easily been the most boring month of the year so far though. I can name something interesting for every month so far except November.

Here's some pictures I took during the 9th November rainfall. Thanks to Sryan for indirectly reminding me of this!

bMIqvIA.jpg?2

This is Eden Quay

dnl78xr.jpg?1

Same spot on Eden Quay but focusing more on the puddle.

cMfN9IP.jpg?1

A very impressive puddle in Fairview (took this while on a bus). Seen one equally impressive near Busaras but the quality isn't great due to condensation on the bus windows, maybe I'll upload the best one another time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

You should have seen Ballsbridge. Outside the Israeli embassy look like there was a moat. Pity I didn't take pictures.

The Monday there was also flooding but after it drained the council did nothing. Friday was even worse and still did nothing but a day before the Northern Ireland match they were out in force.

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Dublin, Louth, Wicklow and Meath

Persistent showers will lead to rainfall accumulations of 25 to 35mm.

Issued: Monday 19 November 2018 14:00

Updated: Monday 19 November 2018 14:00

Valid from Tuesday 20 November 2018 12:00 to Wednesday 21 November 2018 12:00

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

With this cold week and the sea still warm. Possible big hail showers on the east coast Tuesday / Wednesday. A few big thunder storms too IMO.

Interesting weather coming up. :)

If only this was a month later and a few degrees colder, we would have lots of snow here in Meath.

'Rain Trains' piling here all night and into this morning from the Irish sea. Very wet morning here. Heavy showers right now effecting Dundalk to north Wicklow and these showers are pushing westwards and dying out over the midlands.

Another narrow train of showers over parts of Wexford pushing into Waterford.

edit: the showers falling as snow over parts of Wicklow Mountains

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

The GFS charts don't show much rain due today at all for the east coast (particularly Wicklow). Is it more that it will be convective precipitation brewing up over the Irish sea?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

HighLine wrote: »
    Is it more that it will be convective precipitation brewing up over the Irish sea?

Yip. Relatively cold air over relatively warm sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

HighLine wrote: »
    The GFS charts don't show much rain due today at all for the east coast (particularly Wicklow). Is it more that it will be convective precipitation brewing up over the Irish sea?

Are you sure about the charts?

tempresult_hqo3.gif

18-777UK_wvb5.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A dry bright morning here in Castlebar with mostly clear skies and just a light easterly

Rain and hail showers all day so far in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Horrible day, showers of hail on and off, very breezy and feels cold

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Sorry folks , I’m not sure how I closed this thread , must of been a bit of pocket pool , apologies

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sorry folks , I’m not sure how I closed this thread , must of been a bit of pocket pool , apologies

Thought you had gone all school season on us! :p

Dublin airport reporting a recent Thunderstorm also. Totally different down west, calm with long clear spells.(other thread now back open)

I guess this is what you northwesterners put up with in winter whenever we have a northwesterly... very frequent showers and windchill while us in the east have mostly sunny weather. Other way around today.

• Advertisement

really horrible day today in Meath, cold rain with bits of hail mixed in for most of the day, temperatures struggling and generally very wet.

The milder theme looks like it's starting to get pushed back into December again, so possibly another week of fairly cool conditions. with mid to high single digit temperatures.

Advertisement