Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2018 - General discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Bit off topic but Happy Birthday to the brilliant Sryanbruen, may your quality forecasts continue into the future as well as your brilliant weather history posts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Bit off topic but Happy Birthday to the brilliant Sryanbruen, may your quality forecasts continue into the future as well as your brilliant weather history posts :)

Here here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Actually it is still the meteorological autumn. Winter starts on 1st December.

It is winter. I am not a meteorologist ,so no requirement to observe their ideas. Out here it is winter.. with which I am signing off to try to get warm, and dry after a wintry day.

Blessings and peace; will b e back when the weather evens out etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam Co galway 11/11/18 16.20 temperature 8°C
    zpbYvOQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Crazy clouds and weather in Waterford today

8oa0VyA.png

Few minutes later we got this

gxEDBuL.png

F4iJWHd.png

IQxgoDH.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Brilliant pictures!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Thanks very much to all, have had a super day. I even got this special delivery :D

Will have a post in Winter thread later that will set the cats among the pigeons.

bWlcftr.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Thanks very much to all, have had a super day. I even got this special delivery :D

Will have a post in Winter thread later that will set the cats among the pigeons.

I'm guessing it's the Met Office model update? :)

Absoloutly torrential downpour in cork city at the moment. Heaviest rain I’ve heard in years really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Graces7 wrote: »
    It is winter. I am not a meteorologist ,so no requirement to observe their ideas. Out here it is winter.. with which I am signing off to try to get warm, and dry after a wintry day.

Whether you choose to observe their ideas or not is of course entirely up to you. The fact remains it is officially autumn for almost another 3 weeks. Anyway stay warm.

• Advertisement

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's the Met Office model update? :)

That may play one part in it ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

In fairness there can be weeks of winter out there in the middle of March August and Sept too.
    That doesn't change the meteorologist's climate calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Its still officially Autumn

Froms met.ie own website

https://www.met.ie/cms/assets/uploads/2017/08/YP-Fun-Facts-Seasons.pdf
    Autumn
    Autumn begins on the first of September and continues until the end of
    November
    . During this season the weather starts to get cooler.
    The leaves start to fall off the trees and there are few flowers. School also
    starts again in autumn.

Here it is on the met uk site as well
    https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/learning/seasons/autumn

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

finally we had a nice dry day with plenty of sunshine, a welcome relief from all the dark and wet days of the past 7-10 days.

Still risky walking in Cork City. Very heavy showers coming and going, then blue sky, then heavy showers again. No relief down here yet

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Another 6mm so far today giving 65mm so far this month, some fields here near Tralee starting to get waterlogged , another good shot of rain forecast between here and Weds morning over on this side of the country.

Z6uAiwC.jpg

PtXf1Wk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Outlook for the UK over the next 6-30 days.

UK Outlook for Saturday 17 Nov 2018 to Monday 26 Nov 2018:

Both Saturday and Sunday look mostly dry with variable, sometimes large amounts of cloud, with the brightest conditions likely to the north of high ground and possibly more generally across northern and north-eastern parts of the British Isles. By Sunday some sunny breaks may also develop across the southeast. Under clearer skies, some overnight mist and fog patches are possible, which could be slow to clear. During the following week and into the last week of November, the generally dry but often cloudy conditions are likely to persist, with only the far west and northwest at risk of having any patchy rain. Temperatures will be above average at first, but will probably become rather cold later in the period, with an increasing risk of overnight frost.

UK Outlook for Tuesday 27 Nov 2018 to Tuesday 11 Dec 2018:

This period is likely to begin with a continuation of the mainly dry conditions, with variable cloud and some sunshine, once morning fog patches clear. However, there will be an increasing chance of some more unsettled interludes developing, with showers or longer spells of rain spreading to many areas at times. Temperatures are likely to be below average overall, with a marked increase in the likelihood and extent of frosts, with any milder interludes likely to be short lived. With more generally colder temperatures, there will be an increased chance of snow, particularly for northern hills, during spells of more unsettled weather.

Updated: 01:18 on Tue 13 Nov 2018 GMT

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Cork and Kerry

Heavy rain expected giving totals of 25 to 40 mm, with the heaviest of the rain on high ground and mountains.

Issued: Tuesday 13 November 1000

Valid from Tuesday 13 November 2018 16:00 to Wednesday 14 November 2018 10:00

“Sigh” I’ve not seen the roads dry here in cork city in over a week at this point. Very wet air too all the time. Nature repaying for the rain it missed over summer?

GFS 12z....

ryrOeJw.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It's an alcoholics evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

JCX BXC wrote: »
    It's an alcoholics evening.

A snowholics too going by the latest GFS.

https://snowbrains.com/friday-fun-hilarious-video-displays-the-horrors-of-snow-addiction/ :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

First band of rain gone through here this evening in Kerry, more off the SW coast to come in overnight and the morning.

c2qG7Gs.jpg

eoNzavI.gif

nmm_uk1-25-22-4_nuk1.png

Dwv635c.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Horrible evening out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Horrible evening out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag8XcMG1EX4

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

km79 wrote: »

Everywhere you go ... by January when we are all In the freezer we’ll be praying for kittyn to deliver Brennan’s bread and given up on fresh veg.

All this talk of cold.... winds gone S'ly now and 14.4C !

Getting gusty here in Kerry.

vent_uk_xmx2.png

temp_uk_xgi4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lashing rain here this morning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

wild and wet this morning. Looking forward to hopefully a dry weekend which will be a welcome relief for many of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A mild day in Castlebar at 14.8C, but also quite wet with 11.8mm of rain so far.

Advertisement