Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2018 - General discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Italy really is getting a hard time of the extreme rainfall this summer/autumn. I don't recall anything like it from previous years

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

dry mostly cloudy day here, was some hazy sun earlier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Looks like a heavier rain band making its way towards the S / SE coasts .

Netweather

lzisGsd.png?1

9kQeDrV.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

Epic rain just outside cork city right now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Heavy Rain all evening here in cork city so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Very wet night in Dublin 5 and the rain still hasn't stopped.

Is there missing radar coverage for the south coast at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Is there missing radar coverage for the south coast at the moment?

Only 2 radars in ROI, Shannon and Dublin, both working.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lovely morning in Kerry, calm with clear skies untill a short time ago, some early morning shallow fog. A line of cloud to be seen more inland now, milky blue skies here on the coast . 11C approx .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Same here in west mayo,lovely morning with plenty of milky blue skies.a little more cloud now but not a bad day at all

• Advertisement

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Only 2 radars in ROI, Shannon and Dublin, both working.

Looking at the met.ie radar page it looks like there is no rain along the south coast and yet it's clearly visible on the radar 20 miles inland - remember it's moving south to north today so if you believed the radar you'd think we were enjoying a dull but dry morning. It's not seeing very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Finally rain has made an impact . First time in 5 months the ground is soft here in South Dublin.

Heavy mist now again in cork city. Was dry this morning for a brief period after rain all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Ferocious heavy band of rain up the middle of the country now. Hope this doesn't stall toó long over anyone :eek:

Heavy rain again in cork city this morning. Not a great start. Hopefully it will brighten up

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Morning from the far reaches of atlantic places...

I do not get here often; a health setback etc.

But interesting reading.

Was talking to our ferryman as we sailed early yesterday on idyllically calm waters with seals and curlews around.

We were lashed mercilessly for 48 hours as Oscar swept by. Ferocious gales
    and heavy deluges. A limited coastal and island "event"....Looking at the vegetation and buildings it is clear that this is local weather ..

For 2 days in October, there was snow atop the mountains here; very early

When we crossed yesterday an exceptionally low tide. When we returned, late afternoon, the tide was the highest I have ever seen,with some flooding.. They call these tides,"spring tides" even in winter.

Being encompassed by the ocean makes the weather etc an integral part of life .It governs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Breezy and wet here in Castlebar, starting to ease off a little now. Friday looking very windy ,warnings likely later in week(on current chart runs)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

horrible wet morning and afternoon here. I am not looking forward to the next few weeks weather with a mostly mild and very unsettled outlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild,wet, windy out here. The harsh cold has not returned at least.. Staying home the next while.They put extra ropes on the boat when we came in y'day...west mayo. offshore island, happily weatherbound

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Turgid weather atm and for the foreseeable. Mild Atlantic dreary muck. The last 2 November's had some nice chilly bright days. This Nov atm anyway looks like the similar rubbish we had in the novembers of 2014 and 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Some good precipitations totals in Dublin over the last few days, which we desperately need if we aren't going to fall further behind in rainfall deficit for the year. It's miserable out, but if that's the price we have to pay for the brilliant weather of the last half a year, I'll take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

VERY dark here in Dublin 5 but with light rain.

absolutely awful dark, damp muck here. Lights on since lunch time. Unfortunately the Atlantic muck looks like it's here to stay for the majority of November at least.

Manky weather in Cork City. Heavy rain all morning till about 11am, since then its been very heavy showers every hour or so, hard to do much :( Got soaked walking home from school.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

This month's looking like a repeat of November 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

That might not be such a bad thing as that was a pretty good winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Please god no

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

highdef wrote: »
    That might not be such a bad thing as that was a pretty good winter.

It was a pretty bad thing for all the people whose homes flooded this side of the Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Hard to see flooding this winter when water levels are so low at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

It was a very wet day with high winds in Dublin today.

Also; the Intreo office in Dun Laoghaire located beside D.L.F.E.I. was closed today due to flooding.

I came down on the 7A bus this afternoon from Temple Hill in Monkstown to do the monthly signing. I walked up to the front door before 3pm today & a saw a security guard there telling people it was closed because of health & safety rules. He told a 3 people outside including myself that this SW office is only having limited opening hours from 9:15am until 2pm tomorrow. Anyone in for the monthly signing today will have to go in tomorrow morning.

I was completely soaked in the rain going around Blackrock today. I arrived home after 4pm & the rain dried up afterwards.

Advertisement