Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2018 - General discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Car was encased in a thick coating of ice here this morning, took a good 10 minutes to get it melted off the windscreen. Nice day but a few showers on and off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Athleauge co roscommon 02/11/18 8.05 temperature -3°C
    20181102_081648_zpsfrqv42oi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Another beautiful morning in Dublin 13. Have been really loving this Autumn.

-3.8c at Mullingar this morning according to Ogimet synops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Another beautiful morning in Dublin 13. Have been really loving this Autumn.

Same for me. This morning has been the frostiest morning of the season so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I saw Mt Dillon reporting -5c earlier.

Lovely clear/sunny morning in Dublin 16. Overnight low of 0.4c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Billcarson

I recorded a low of -1.0c in ashbourne with a sharp frost. Looks like last night will be the last sub zero night for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

In north Kildare, I got a low of -4.2c last night. Was still below -3c a half hour after the sun came up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Looks like Shannon is down.

Overcast ,light rain / drizzle here near Tralee

0hJ2CjF.gif

YcbjdkE.gif

• Advertisement

Early morning shot of the remnants of Oscar to the SE of Greenland, frontal cloud making it's way over Ireland. Looks like a sting jet feature forming off the storm in the front right quadrant. . Well away from Ireland of course.

JvzUA5P.png

N5KMv0D.png?1

sgyolxk.jpg

4rHwz1G.gif

Roscommon 02/11/18 temperature -2°C
    rA4NfA7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Lovely photos as always m17,you deserve a thread of your own to post the photos so they don't get lost in the general chit-chat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

M17, what do you work at? You always seem to be on the road early.

Down by the cliffs 02/11/18 temperature 7°C
    AOQP2iy.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭green shoots

How bad are we talking tomorrow in the Northwest? Storm conditions? Was thinking of going surfing in Sligo or Donegal, winds blowing in the right direction but may be too strong.

Here are some pictures I took over the last two days, excuse the green dots please!

8am 1st November 2018
    8AaARuV.jpg?1

4pm 1st November 2018
    D9IhPNz.jpg?1

8am 2nd November 2018
    N3JxYGa.jpg?1

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Here are some pictures I took over the last two days, excuse the green dots please!

You can edit out the green dots using an app called Snapfeed.

You can edit out the green dots using an app called Snapfeed.

I've tried to edit them out using the clone tool but then when I uploaded them to Imgur the pictures went slightly blurry so I thought I was better off leaving them. I'll try out Snapfeed though.

Overcast but dry here in Dublin 5 at the moment.

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I've tried to edit them out using the clone tool but then when I uploaded them to Imgur the pictures went slightly blurry so I thought I was better off leaving them.

Overcast but dry here in Dublin 5 at the moment.

You use the healing tool in Snapfeed to get rid of them, I use it all the time.

Some interesting clouds in Dublin 13 when I first woke up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

horrible windy, dark and damp morning here, but at least it's feeling milder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Was wet and windy yesterday evening through to last night, up till about 8/9am this morning here in Cork City. Some smal gusts but rain has stopped a bit

Cape Town South Africa 02/11/18 temperature 26°C
    XRZ11a8.jpg

Nice Sat Pic of Ex Hurricane Oscar well off the NW coast.

Got up to 15.8C here in the early hours, very mild still at 14.4C , breezy and a bit damp earlier but good sunny spells this afternoon, grand day for the garden :)

np4KOQu.jpg

Tuam Co galway 03/11/18 14.40 temperature 13°C
    B4j6wjg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Interesting ice pattern on the windscreen yesterday, doesn't really come out fully in the pic but almost looked like a painting!

20181102-084604.jpg

Annagh Hill co galway 03/11/18 16.45 temperature 12°C
    OHCLV57.jpg

HiutxtL.jpg

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Wicklow and Waterford

Heavy rain overnight. 20-30mm expected.

Issued: Sunday 04 November 2018 11:00

Updated: Sunday 04 November 2018 11:00

Valid from Sunday 04 November 2018 21:00 to Monday 05 November 2018 09:00

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Horrible grey murky overcast day in the south east today.

Advertisement