Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

For anyone who didn't get the news they hoped for today, stick at it. It's took me 10 years of trying and I'm currently in the waiting room of the 1710 campaign. Don't give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BishBashBosh1

Got email after 6pm. Passed 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭E18

It's all ... so... quiet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 D_Man3

Afternoon guys. Been following the boards for many moons but first time posting. I will be joining the rest of yous who will be at the upcoming ACs.

Interested to hear what you are all doing to prepare for it? I've read the emails for what to expect but I still feel in the dark about what I should be doing for it!

I haven't even looked at the email link yet to be honest as mine is still a bit of time away and I'm going to enjoy the end of year with the family and concentrate on it from the Newyear, interested to hear too :)

Congrats by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

D_Man3 wrote: »
    Afternoon guys. Been following the boards for many moons but first time posting. I will be joining the rest of yous who will be at the upcoming ACs.

Interested to hear what you are all doing to prepare for it? I've read the emails for what to expect but I still feel in the dark about what I should be doing for it!

Have look on join PSNI. There is a PDF with lots of information including the list of core behaviours. These are what you will be assessed on. Make sure you know them, and answer every question even if you don't finish the one before. And good luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 VickyDoc

Hello peeps, could I have an invite to the Discord chat please?

Could I also have an invite please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 newbie_87

Could I also have an invite please to the discord chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 amigo18

Hi all!

I'm also through to next stage! Followed boards a couple of years ago but don't remember a private chat, so would love to be invited to this campaign's discord please :)

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Npump22

Hi everyone! I applied for last years campaign but didn't make it through to stage 2. Can thankfully say I've progressed to stage 2 for this new campaign. Would I be able to get an invite to this years campaign discord? Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Flo96

If at all possible could I be included in this discord? Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Bellebelfast

Passed the ist this campaign failed 1710. Can anyone give me any info on AC

• Registered Users Posts: 2 D_Man3

Afternoon guys. Could I please get added or an invite to the discord chat?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Hey everyone, first chance to get on here in ages!

I failed the IST this year (somehow failed it worse this time than I did last year lol). Just wanted to wish everyone good luck who is through to the AC and to encourage everyone who didn’t get it to keep trying! It seems the PSNI is one of the hardest forces in the UK to get into. I applied and successfully got into 2 forces at the same time (obviously could only accept one), both being my first application to both! Meanwhile having 2 failed IST’s under my belt.

On the positive side, I have a very short period of time to go until training commences. I got my official welcoming to the training school along with my collar number recently and it’s all starting to get very real and very scary now!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

LPT2018 wrote: »
    Hey Guys!
    Delighted to say that after missing out last year by 1 Mark, I'll be joining the rest of you at AC stage! Delighted! I'm so sorry for the rest who've missed out, it's not a nice feeling I've been there. But please don't give up!

Can I ask a question, does your IST test score determine when your AC is. For eg of you scored high in ist do you attend AC first? Or is it random?

I passed this year with a fairly decent score (I think) and my AC is next week. Anyone else going next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Folks, remember not to give or share any info relating to your AC. Giving out info about dates or locations could result in it falling into the wrong hands.

Folks, remember not to give or share any info relating to your AC. Giving out info about dates or locations could result in it falling into the wrong hands.

My apologies, I kept it vague but was also curious if the IST score affected when the AC was taking place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

W221 wrote: »
    My apologies, I kept it vague but was also curious if the IST score affected when the AC was taking place.

Yes it seems to be that the higher you score in the IST the earlier your AC

NornIron74 wrote: »
    Yes it seems to be that the higher you score in the IST the earlier your AC

Thank you, just curious as I had seen someone else ask the same thing.

I’ve actually been through the IST and AC before in the 1509 campaign and passed both, did the vetting and was invited to PCA soon after. It was all fairly quick but then I withdrew my application on the back of potential delays with the email cheating thing that happened back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Thank you, just curious as I had seen someone else ask the same thing.

I’ve actually been through the IST and AC before in the 1509 campaign and passed both, did the vetting and was invited to PCA soon after. It was all fairly quick but then I withdrew my application on the back of potential delays with the email cheating thing that happened back then.

Can you recall if the assessment centre results determines your Merit number only or is it a combination of the IST and Assessment results?

JJss1988 wrote: »
    Can you recall if the assessment centre results determines your Merit number only or is it a combination of the IST and Assessment results?

Once I got as far as being invited to the PCA I still wasn’t aware of a merit number. I think the PCA must form the final part of that.

JJss1988 wrote: »

Assessment results only, the difference one mark could make when looking at results for 1710 is crazy. Good luck and leave nothing undone.

Once I got as far as being invited to the PCA I still wasn’t aware of a merit number. I think the PCA must form the final part of that.

Your merit number was given when results for AC were emailed

Ze0tech wrote: »
    Assessment results only, the difference one mark could make when looking at results for 1710 is crazy. Good luck and leave nothing undone.

I must have missed something to tell me my merit number then, is that something they email out? I could look back at them.

I must have missed something to tell me my merit number then, is that something they email out? I could look back at them.

I just checked my emails and I was incorrect. It was abit after the assessment centre email. My apologies

I just checked my emails and I was incorrect. It was abit after the assessment centre email. My apologies

Yeah I just checked mine too, no sign of a merit number. I did all the online learning and have the rest of the emails up until the PCA date. I assume the number came at the outcome of the PCA?

Yeah I just checked mine too, no sign of a merit number. I did all the online learning and have the rest of the emails up until the PCA date. I assume the number came at the outcome of the PCA?

Did you do this in 1710?

Did you do this in 1710?

No, it was 1509

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Army654

Alright guys, I’ve been flat out trying to prep for the AC (this is my first year) the written exercise parts are worrying me as I have no notion what to expect. Is there any online resource that I can check out which might help me prepare?

Advertisement