Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tceuen28t

Is anyone else reading up on past campaigns? I think I want to join even more than I did when I applied. There's so many steps and barriers but with some preparation I hope to do it.

Additionally it seems like results are usually delayed. Ist testing is almost closed so hopefully there'll be no issues.

Anyone nervous in anticipation already? I'm so curious as to how I've done.

nervous excited - just want to know the results and get onto the next stage!! still ages to wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JayJay999A

Just completed the IST..

came out of it last year and felt more confident than I did finishing this one..

And to think I actually put in a lot of hard work prepping for it.. can only hope for the best!

All aboard the stress express!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Just completed the IST best of luck .. no for the waiting game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Aimforstars

Well today finished off the IST completion. I wonder how many applicants didn't bother to do it. At least there's been no information about the previous issues with completing the ist so I'm hoping that means no delay. I'm wondering how to make time go quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Can someone PM me a link to the discord?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Good evening folks,

Some of you guys on here will know me from last year and from the PSNI staff recruitment thread but I am on here now to say that I am afraid to inform you all that I will be removing myself from this years recruitment campaign. I managed to nab myself a spot as a constable with the Ministry of Defence Police and received my contract a few days ago (anyone on here thinking of applying or curious then I am more than open to any questions). This will not be the end of me as my lust for the PSNI still exists and I will most definitely be returning in the future to complete my service back home, I will try to get on here as much as possible in the future but will probably not be as interactive since I will not be taking part.

I would like to take this time to wish every one of you the very best of luck in the 2018 campaign and for anyone who stumbles at any stage, don’t worry, we all have been there! Take it on the chin and look forward to the next campaign to give it an even better shot with more experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Lockie101 wrote: »
    Good evening folks,

Some of you guys on here will know me from last year and from the PSNI staff recruitment thread but I am on here now to say that I am afraid to inform you all that I will be removing myself from this years recruitment campaign. I managed to nab myself a spot as a constable with the Ministry of Defence Police and received my contract a few days ago (anyone on here thinking of applying or curious then I am more than open to any questions). This will not be the end of me as my lust for the PSNI still exists and I will most definitely be returning in the future to complete my service back home, I will try to get on here as much as possible in the future but will probably not be as interactive since I will not be taking part.

I would like to take this time to wish every one of you the very best of luck in the 2018 campaign and for anyone who stumbles at any stage, don’t worry, we all have been there! Take it on the chin and look forward to the next campaign to give it an even better shot with more experience!

Congratulations, all the best with your new career. The mdp training sounds good and I'm sure it will be useful when coming back to work for the PSNI. :-)

It will be useful and the experience will be great but it still annoys me how the PSNI refuse to accept transfers from other forces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TheDreamer_

Can someone also pm me the link to the discord :)

Lockie101 wrote: »
    Good evening folks,

Good luck. It sounds like a great opportunity for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 djs1990

Can someone also pm me the link to the discord :)

Hmm, not ask a stupid question, but what is this discord thing?

Good luck. It sounds like a great opportunity for you.

Thanks, it is a great opportunity and I can’t wait but absolutely bricking it at the same time lol

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭E18

Aw Lockie, Brilliant news, and well deserved.
    Enjoy every min of it!

I'm so out of the loop... what is discord?

E18 wrote: »
    Aw Lockie, Brilliant news, and well deserved.
    Enjoy every min of it!

I'm so out of the loop... what is discord?

Thanks, I will enjoy every moment of it!

Discord is typically a chat place for gamers but anyone can create a server which can have different rooms for different topics which can include text or voice chat.

Ahhh, I take it there is a discord "chat" for this campaign then, going by the comments from above!
    Was wondering why the boards seemed a little bit quiet!

Yeah there seems to be a server set up, I was given an invitation before anyone mentioned it on here and I politely declined due to me having to click a link sent to me on the internet by a stranger. But if more people are joining and its becoming popular then I wouldn’t mind taking part also

• Registered Users Posts: 49 wonkyempresso

yea if someone could pm me a link to discord as well that would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 djs1990

Yea same for myself regarding the discord link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

There’s is no longer a discord chat. It was for the 1710 campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Joceyjoe wrote: »
    There’s is no longer a discord chat. It was for the 1710 campaign.

There is a new one for this campaign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Cob16

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LPT2018

Hi Guys I know I'm getting abit ahead of myself here but looking to book along with family onto a holiday early August 2019. None of my family are aware of my application bar a select few so they're finding it hard to understand my delay in booking it, especially because I am so keen to go.
    Anyone got any idea of timelines if it was the case I was successful this time round. For example, what stage took place last year early August?
    Any help appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

LPT2018 wrote: »
    Hi Guys I know I'm getting abit ahead of myself here but looking to book along with family onto a holiday early August 2019. None of my family are aware of my application bar a select few so they're finding it hard to understand my delay in booking it, especially because I am so keen to go.
    Anyone got any idea of timelines if it was the case I was successful this time round. For example, what stage took place last year early August?
    Any help appreciated :)
    Go on holiday.

If you are appointable by August you can defer

That email made me jump...

That was me yesterday despite reading about it in last year's thread :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 4wesome5auce

Same here, and I've been through that last year!

Also, if anyone still has the link to the discord could they PM it to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Flo96

Good Afternoon everyone.

I found this forum last recruitment campaign but have finally decided to become a contributing member as I've some questions regarding the format of the assessment centre. I.E what does it entail? I know that this element of the process involves a role play and a written test. However what is being required to pass these elements.

Many thanks

Flo

Flo96 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon everyone.

I found this forum last recruitment campaign but have finally decided to become a contributing member as I've some questions regarding the format of the assessment centre. I.E what does it entail? I know that this element of the process involves a role play and a written test. However what is being required to pass these elements.

Many thanks

Flo

We can tell you very little as itherwise we'll get disqualed.

Best I can say is read the guidance and try and talk to a young peeler

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Flo96

Appreciate the advice. It's the unknown written aspect of the assessment which would put me at ease if I knew more about and it would allow me to better prepare.
    I'll maybe ask the few older hands in the service with regards this stage.

• Advertisement

Flo96 wrote: »

Appreciate the advice. It's the unknown written aspect of the assessment which would put me at ease if I knew more about and it would allow me to better prepare.
    I'll maybe ask the few older hands in the service with regards this stage.

Yea older hands arent gonna help either as the AC changed format 2013.

Advertisement