Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

VickyDoc wrote: »
    Have people filled out vetting forms yet for the 18 campaign?

I haven’t received any forms yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

No forms sent to me either

• Registered Users Posts: 17 VickyDoc

I was thinking that I didn’t get them sent to me. So that’s a relief

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

Wee bit early for that maybe? I’ve already completed my AC for 1810. Just going from my experience in 1509, I think I had my AC results before the vetting stuff came out. I’m near sure AC results are May for 1810.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JR87A

W221 wrote: »
    Wee bit early for that maybe? I’ve already completed my AC for 1810. Just going from my experience in 1509, I think I had my AC results before the vetting stuff came out. I’m near sure AC results are May for 1810.

My vetting forms came out a few weeks after my AC for 1710, but my AC was the end of Feb. I had mine last week for 1810. Should be march

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 redsox101

Can anyone shine some light on how the AC is actually scored or what the required passed mark is? Just completed AC for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JR87A

redsox101 wrote: »
    Can anyone shine some light on how the AC is actually scored or what the required passed mark is? Just completed AC for this year.

I could be talking out of my backside, but if I remember correctly, it was 50% minimum last year

1509 was 60% if I remember right but it seems some things may have been relaxed as time has went on.

No idea how they score it though.

Thanks for the response guys; do you know if you get a breakdown of the mark for the different aspects of the AC?

I remember when I put in for the full time fire service this wasn't avaible due to the amount of applicant for some aspects of the testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BruceWayne1

Last year we got a breakdown on the available marks and then our individual score for each exercise

• Advertisement

Thanks for the response guys; do you know if you get a breakdown of the mark for the different aspects of the AC?

I remember when I put in for the full time fire service this wasn't avaible due to the amount of applicant for some aspects of the testing.

Yes there’s a detailed breakdown of your score. In 1509 I did a lot better in the practical side than I did in the written parts. The overall score allowed me to pass though.

Yes there’s a detailed breakdown of your score. In 1509 I did a lot better in the practical side than I did in the written parts. The overall score allowed me to pass though.

If you don't mind me asking did you go any further after AC or currently waiting on a call for GV ?

If you don't mind me asking did you go any further after AC or currently waiting on a call for GV ?

Yeah I was booked in for the PCA soon after getting my AC results, also completed the vetting stuff. At that time the cheating thing happened. I spoke to PSNI recruitment about it and they suggested that my potential intake would be delayed by 6 months which it turns out is exactly what happened. I decided at the time to pull the plug and started my own business. As a result I didn’t go for the PCA or medical etc. I still run my own business at the moment which has been kind to me but I do regret not carrying on through the process of 1509. I would most likely have been in the second squad to be taken, I think it would have been May 2017??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ptmrk

Does anyone have an idea when training would begin for successful candidates? I own a business and I’m trying to plan out the next year as much as possible. Reading here that AC results won’t be out until May makes me think think the process is going to go on longer than I had originally thought.

Thanks!

Ptmrk wrote: »
    Does anyone have an idea when training would begin for successful candidates? I own a business and I’m trying to plan out the next year as much as possible. Reading here that AC results won’t be out until May makes me think think the process is going to go on longer than I had originally thought.

Thanks!

I can’t answer your question on when training would commence but I’d say that’s a pretty normal length of time to have to wait for AC results. I did this once before back in 2015 and I think at best you’d be talking a year from the IST to being appointable/appointed. Again, at best depending on your merit. They’ll maybe push ahead faster once it’s in the PSNI managed stages. At the moment it’s Deloitte. I run my own business too and have vehicles and assets to start to sell off etc but for now I’m working and planning new work as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

Ptmrk wrote: »

Thanks!

They’ll probably appoint people in the 1810 campaign, from roughly September 2018 to Nov 2019, depending on your AC score and how quickly you pass PSNI managed stages you could be anywhere within those rough dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

TW2017 wrote: »
    They’ll probably appoint people in the 1810 campaign, from roughly September 2018 to Nov 2019, depending on your AC score and how quickly you pass PSNI managed stages you could be anywhere within those rough dates.

You meant to say September 2019 to November 2020. Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Can anyone advise what the Discord chat is? And send me a link if possible. Thanks in advance

Good morning folks, I’ve had some correspondence from Deloitte today. They put a side note on indicating that they’re aiming to release the AC results on or before the 10th of May. Knowing the way they, work it probably will be the 10th of May itself.

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    Can anyone advise what the Discord chat is? And send me a link if possible. Thanks in advance

From other threads I’ve seen, I think the Discord is closed now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

MD4PSNI wrote: »

The Discord was deleted a while ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

NornIron74 wrote: »

Thanks!

The IST carried out a mass cull! I’m quite surprised by the numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 4wesome5auce

Thanks!

The IST carried out a mass cull! I’m quite surprised by the numbers.

Afaik it seems roughly about the same numbers as last year. I think fewer people applied this year as well but I haven't studied the FOIs deeply but I'll double check.

Afaik it seems roughly about the same numbers as last year. I think fewer people applied this year as well but I haven't studied the FOIs deeply but I'll double check.

Back when I went in to 1509 I believe there was close to 10000 applicants!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cml29

Hi all,

Anyone else done the assessment centre yet and felt they completely messed up the report?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dutchcub

Cml29 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone else done the assessment centre yet and felt they completely messed up the report?

Yes same here... and the 3rd role play, still can't figure out what that was about 🀔

Cml29 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I made a complete balls of the report in 1509, I don’t think I got it finished either but ended up with an overall B. After that I was progressing quite fast through the rest of the stages. Try not to sweat it too much.

I did the 1810 AC a month ago. I managed to finish the report and feel that I made a better attempt at it than last time round. It’s killing me having to wait so long for the result!

Dutchcub wrote: »
    Yes same here... and the 3rd role play, still can't figure out what that was about ��

I don’t think you’re meant to solve it, it’s about adapting to change :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Cml29

I made a complete balls of the report in 1509, I don’t think I got it finished either but ended up with an overall B. After that I was progressing quite fast through the rest of the stages. Try not to sweat it too much.

I did the 1810 AC a month ago. I managed to finish the report and feel that I made a better attempt at it than last time round. It’s killing me having to wait so long for the result!

Nice to hear you can still achieve a decent overall score even if you feel you completely dived in one of the activities!

I’m trying to forget about it until the results come out!

Did you withdraw from 1509?

Advertisement