Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

Army654 wrote: »
    Alright guys, I’ve been flat out trying to prep for the AC (this is my first year) the written exercise parts are worrying me as I have no notion what to expect. Is there any online resource that I can check out which might help me prepare?

Join PSNI will have what you need. Sharing anymore than that will a non disclosure issue for people also have a look on the boards. Plenty of info about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Army654

Ze0tech wrote: »
    Join PSNI will have what you need. Sharing anymore than that will a non disclosure issue for people also have a look on the boards. Plenty of info about

I understand, but I’m not asking anyone to devulge information of written exercises that might be presented, just merely asking is there any online resource or even books to help prepare?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

Army654 wrote: »
    I understand, but I’m not asking anyone to devulge information of written exercises that might be presented, just merely asking is there any online resource or even books to help prepare?

I did it once before and had no idea what to expect either, I tried to prep myself with all sorts of methods. All I can say is just be yourself and don’t over think the day. My nerves got to me a bit at the start but in the end I had a good day, dare I say it was fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lambda1

Lockie101 wrote: »
    Okay guys, welcome back to those returning and welcome to any new applicants! Can’t believe it was a year ago already since the last one but this is our year! Banterbus, who else was unsuccessful last campaign and is returning? I was us all back in here again because I had great fun last year with everyone on here and want the same again this year
    I'm returning! Still on the 1710 ML however I highly doubt they will reach my number... Onwards and upwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

lambda1 wrote: »
    Lockie101 wrote: »
    Okay guys, welcome back to those returning and welcome to any new applicants! Can’t believe it was a year ago already since the last one but this is our year! Banterbus, who else was unsuccessful last campaign and is returning? I was us all back in here again because I had great fun last year with everyone on here and want the same again this year
    I'm returning! Still on the 1710 ML however I highly doubt they will reach my number... Onwards and upwards!
    Where abouts are you approx on the 1710 merit list?

• Advertisement

Tom_90 wrote: »

I'm between 880-900 so I haven't got a hope in that campaign haha... However I'm all about bettering myself based on past experiences! This time I will try to keep the emotions out of it as they really held me back last year... And yourself?

I'm between 880-900 so I haven't got a hope in that campaign haha... However I'm all about bettering myself based on past experiences! This time I will try to keep the emotions out of it as they really held me back last year... And yourself?
    You never know what will happen though so don't rule it out just yet. You can certainly use last year as experience for this year's. I'm 550-600 and to be honest I don't know what to think. I'm in this campaign also as a back up plan.

You never know what will happen though so don't rule it out just yet. You can certainly use last year as experience for this year's. I'm 550-600 and to be honest I don't know what to think. I'm in this campaign also as a back up plan.

You've a better shot than me at least, this year I feel different with regards to the whole thing, less nervous and not taking over my life so much of you get what I mean? Obviously I still have the same drive and desire for the outcome...

Iv started A/C prep just refreshing my memory from last year and reading over old notes... Any correspondence about PCA for you?

You've a better shot than me at least, this year I feel different with regards to the whole thing, less nervous and not taking over my life so much of you get what I mean? Obviously I still have the same drive and desire for the outcome...

Iv started A/C prep just refreshing my memory from last year and reading over old notes... Any correspondence about PCA for you?
    Yes I am appointable and in the waiting room now. All other stages passed. Still no guarantees though!

Yes I am appointable and in the waiting room now. All other stages passed. Still no guarantees though!

Ah, The dreaded waiting room! I hope all goes well for you and you get that heart stopping call (I hope your heart doesn't stop though)

I cannot say I'm looking forward to all the waiting and day dreaming again but it's got to be done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Andy smith

Any ac tips mate?

Andy smith wrote: »
    Any ac tips mate?

Try and integrate the core behaviours into everything as these are what you are assessed on, don't put too much pressure on yourself. Some people feel they benefit from the various coaching courses.

Read the guidence for applicants on the join psni website, the information they provide is all you need... The rest is you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Homerj2019

Hi, newbie here, passed IST and have a date for AC, first time after applying for YEARS! Just a few questions, how long does the AC take is it a few hours or all day? Also it says on website there is a restest of the IST is this a few questions from the SJ & verbal reasoning test or the whole thing? Feeling a bit apprehensive about it all. Have a few friends in the PSNI but their role play days are but a distant memory....thanks in advance ����

Homerj2019 wrote: »
    Hi, newbie here, passed IST and have a date for AC, first time after applying for YEARS! Just a few questions, how long does the AC take is it a few hours or all day? Also it says on website there is a restest of the IST is this a few questions from the SJ & verbal reasoning test or the whole thing? Feeling a bit apprehensive about it all. Have a few friends in the PSNI but their role play days are but a distant memory....thanks in advance ����

Everything you need to know is in the AC invitation email. It says the IST is a shortened version so I imagine there’ll be at least a few questions from each section. The AC is up to around 3 hours I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Just popping by to wish you all good luck for your campaign!

Homer01 wrote: »
    Just popping by to wish you all good luck for your campaign!

Thank you! Almost squeaky bum time for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭MidwifeN

Had my AC (feel it didnt go great but who knows). Torture to think it will be May before hearing back either way.. its all such a dragged out process!

MidwifeN wrote: »
    Had my AC (feel it didnt go great but who knows). Torture to think it will be May before hearing back either way.. its all such a dragged out process!
    Settle in for a long wait. I'm in the 1710 campaign and still not in! Depends how you score though. I am in the top half of the merit list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Flo96

Settle in for a long wait. I'm in the 1710 campaign and still not in! Depends how you score though. I am in the top half of the merit list.

How does the process work then? If you're on the merit list, have you applied for this most recent campaign. Or do they invite you to begin training/do your physical if AC scores from this campaign are lower than yours? Or does this campaign scores impact your 1710 score and possible invite?

I'm new to the whole process but have seen a few users talk about previous campaigns.

Many thanks

Flo96 wrote: »
    How does the process work then? If you're on the merit list, have you applied for this most recent campaign. Or do they invite you to begin training/do your physical if AC scores from this campaign are lower than yours? Or does this campaign scores impact your 1710 score and possible invite?

I'm new to the whole process but have seen a few users talk about previous campaigns.

Many thanks

Both processes will run along beside each other but are completely separate. I guess 1710 will end when the 1810 folk become appointable. That comment about when 1710 will end is speculation on my part so take what you want from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Good luck to everyone who has completed and those who are due to complete their assessment centre stage.

Had mine too, I left feeling like I didn’t achieve much. But remember, we weren’t there to solve anything. They’re assessing us on how we deal with people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭MidwifeN

I'm sure your fed up! Guess I should start looking into another job then lol. In a bit of a rutt where I am at the minute, no way could I still at it until this time next year without going insane first lol. Good luck and fingers crossed tightly you hear with the next call.

I'm sure your fed up! Guess I should start looking into another job then lol. In a bit of a rutt where I am at the minute, no way could I still at it until this time next year without going insane first lol. Good luck and fingers crossed tightly you hear with the next call.
    I'm not expecting to hear until Feb or March calls but I'm over the hard parts. Just have to wait it out now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JR87A

Long time snooper, first time posting

On my second round of recruitment, first applied in 1710 and missed by 2% DOH! AC soon! Crapping myself and thought I'd say good luck to everyone up this year through 1810! ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Andy smith

JR87A wrote: »
    Long time snooper, first time posting

On my second round of recruitment, first applied in 1710 and missed by 2% DOH! AC soon! Crapping myself and thought I'd say good luck to everyone up this year through 1810! ðŸ‘

Good luck to you also!ac as well soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LPT2018

Can I have an invite to the discord please?
    Have a bit to go to my a/c but already nervous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

LPT2018 wrote: »
    Can I have an invite to the discord please?
    Have a bit to go to my a/c but already nervous!

The Discord has been closed

NornIron74 wrote: »
    The Discord has been closed

Always seems to go that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 VickyDoc

Have people filled out vetting forms yet for the 18 campaign?

Advertisement