Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pixel 3 thread, featuring 'The Notch'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭theintern

hoping they have some good Black Friday deals in store for the Irish/UK store, planning on purchasing then.

At this rate it's the best idea given the complete mess up that Vodafone are making of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

How long does the Vodafone thing have to go on for before it gets to the stage that they're just plain stealing from us?

Patww79 wrote: »
    How long does the Vodafone thing have to go on for before it gets to the stage that they're just plain stealing from us?

Well we're coming up on a month now of them having the money and the order not moving whatsoever.

I swear to god, if I get one more "I'll get back to you" from them I'll crack. I reckon every vodafone support agent across twitter, boards and their own forum has told me that at this stage and I haven't heard a peep from any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

theintern wrote: »
    Well we're coming up on a month now of them having the money and the order not moving whatsoever.

I swear to god, if I get one more "I'll get back to you" from them I'll crack. I reckon every vodafone support agent across twitter, boards and their own forum has told me that at this stage and I haven't heard a peep from any of them.

And they were supposed to have the best customer service out of any other irish carrier. Non-existent more like

How's everyone finding it so far anyway? Have to say I love it, well worth getting even coming from a 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Have had my regular 3 straight from the Google store a week, and it's been great so far. Especially coming from a 4.5 year old Nexus 5 that no longer had any battery life, busted WiFi and a janky power button! My only gripe is that it's a little bit of a dust magnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

The US Google Store will be offering some good Black Friday deals. Hopefully the promotions make their way over here, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭micks_address

How's everyone finding it so far anyway? Have to say I love it, well worth getting even coming from a 2.

Still enjoying my 3xl.. finally a phone I may keep for a year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone tried the Gamecube Dolphin emulator on it?

Never tried one on a phone, but as an aside I installed that on my shield but could never find ROMs for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭notcarlos

I ordered yester from Google after not hearing anymore from Vodafone. It’s not pink 128 GB and it was dispatched today and will be delivered tomorrow. Original dispatch date was on the 19th but was sent earlier. Now I had to change my address with DHL to work address, any similar experience with changing address with DHL?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 briefgate

I'm interested if somebody makes it work as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

Night sight function is starting to get rolled out by Google. No update in the play store yet. That the same for everyone?

PDiddy87 wrote: »
    Night sight function is starting to get rolled out by Google. No update in the play store yet. That the same for everyone?

Just install the APK.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/camera/camera-6-1-021-220943556-release/

It'll just update the app without having to wait for the official update. They're often rolled out in phases around the world.

Just install the APK.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/camera/camera-6-1-021-220943556-release/

It'll just update the app without having to wait for the official update. They're often rolled out in phases around the world.

I haven't got the update yet either...will hold on and see.. I had the modded APK

I had the Camera P3 apk installed since I got the phone but I got the update last night to the stock app with the night sight feature included. Version 6.1.021.220943556.

I had the Camera P3 apk installed since I got the phone but I got the update last night to the stock app with the night sight feature included. Version 6.1.021.220943556.

Interesting how they roll out..

I haven't got the update yet either...will hold on and see.. I had the modded APK

Since the one on APK Mirror is the official APK, it's exactly like getting the official update. It doesn't install a separate app or anything.

Since the one on APK Mirror is the official APK, it's exactly like getting the official update. It doesn't install a separate app or anything.

im kinda curious to see when it will hit the phone of its own accord... no panic with it really. having had the modded apk the surprise is spoiled.. where do people think it will be most useful? You have to hold the phone steady for a couple of seconds before it takes the picture.. the results are impressive none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

Update available this morning for me.

• Advertisement

PDiddy87 wrote: »
    Update available this morning for me.

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭notcarlos

I got my refund today from Vodafone and phone will be delivered today by google. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

The Irish Google Store has updated with a measly €50 off the Pixel 3 and the 3 XL. Meanwhile, the German store will have €200 off both sizes next week.

So it's been brought down to the level it was at in the rest of Europe originally.

Link to the German deals, makes it seriously good value.

https://store.google.com/de/category/black_friday_cyber_monday_promos?hl=de-DE

I have a feeling the 50 off is all we'll get for BF. The UK store is showing a discount of £40 as the Black Friday deal for the P3/P3XL.

https://store.google.com/gb/collection/offers?hl=en-GB

notcarlos wrote: »
    I got my refund today from Vodafone and phone will be delivered today by google. Happy days.

How did you manage that?

Right I had a look at all the sites that sell the P3 in Europe and it seems completely arbitrary what each country gets for Black Friday.

Italy - €0 off
    UK - £40 off
    Ireland - €50 off
    Spain - €100 off
    France - €125 off
    Germany - €200 off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Any chance of people being able to order through the German site? I imagine you would have to use a German version of Parcel motel to forward it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

If u try to order a 128gb regular pixel 3 today on the German site the shipping time is 4 to 5 weeks.

I know people are upset with Vodafone but there's clearly a supply problem, they can't sell phones they don't have.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    If u try to order a 128gb regular pixel 3 today on the German site the shipping time is 4 to 5 weeks.

I know people are upset with Vodafone but there's clearly a supply problem, they can't sell phones they don't have.

If Vodafone had said that, and given some sort of date when they expect to get them in, it'd go a long way to calming people down. As it is, they've taken payment a month ago for a phone that was supposed to ship more than 2 weeks ago. And they haven't given a single piece of information about what's going on.

• Advertisement

sentient_6 wrote: »

So they should refund us if they can't instead of indefinitely holding the guts of a grand from us.

Advertisement