Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pixel 3 thread, featuring 'The Notch'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

AngryLips wrote: »
    Shn99 wrote: »
    Vodafone shop on O Connell st Limerick has the P3XL on display, screen is spectacular but the notch and chin put me off a bit, suppose its just me being used to the iPX

You’re put off by a notch coming from another phone with a notch???
    The notch on the P3XL is evidently deeper and more intrusive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Vodafone my asre, same with Eir and Three, you can go any Carphone warehouse in the UK/North and buy any phone you like sim free off the shelf, unlocked, Ireland...forget it, our networks have the whole thing sown up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

The notch on the P3XL is evidently deeper and more intrusive

Nobody should be making that decision based on hardware anyway. The individuals preference for iOS or Android will eclipse any other reason for buying one over the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Patww79 wrote: »
    Nobody should be making that decision based on hardware anyway. The individuals preference for iOS or Android will eclipse any other reason for buying one over the other.

would you mind sharing a pic of your white 3xl Pat? Only ones I cant find online are all stage lit etc :p

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Seen this today in Vodafone santry. It was the 3xl white. Nice phone looks really nice. Was going to get the mate 20 pro. But now I don't know. Currently have a note 8 would it be much of an upgrade? How are people finding the battery?

• Advertisement

would you mind sharing a pic of your white 3xl Pat? Only ones I cant find online are all stage lit etc :p

Might not be worth seeing as they're taken with a Pixel C, which is like looking through greaseproof paper.

2cx9usk.png

6synx2.png

Chibs wrote: »
    Seen this today in Vodafone santry. It was the 3xl white. Nice phone looks really nice. Was going to get the mate 20 pro. But now I don't know. Currently have a note 8 would it be much of an upgrade? How are people finding the battery?

Did you see a Mate 20 Pro yet? I haven't handled a real one but in pictures and videos the screen looks very washed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Did you see a Mate 20 Pro yet? I haven't handled a real one but in pictures and videos the screen looks very washed out.

Apparently a large number of people have reported screen bleeding issues

Chibs wrote: »

Battery has been plenty for me. Haven't bothered using the car charger, etc during the first whole just to see and I regularly have over 5½ hours of screen time with between 20 and 30% remaining by the end of the day.

Had a real heavy day on Friday, plugged out at 7:00am, roaming all day with no wifi, used a fair bit for photos & videos, mails, calls/video calls, browsing, navigation, etc, and was at 8% by midnight when I plugged back in.

thanks for that Pat! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Apparently a large number of people have reported screen bleeding issues

I seen that too. The green round the screen. Camera and battery are most important. Think I'll get the pixel. Thanks

The camera is brilliant on it. I'd say the Mate 20 Pro is more fun with all the modes but I couldn't fault the results from this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭notcarlos

I've a Zagg one and it's fantastic

Reviews saying edges doesn't adhere to the screen, lifting issues? Do you notice similar thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

After over a month of Vodafone having taken my €889 euro, it is now being refunded and I'm back to square one with no phone !!
    This is disgraceful behaviour from a "leading provider".
    They effectively stole my money, and gave me nothing for it, having to fight and wait now to get it back.

Never pre-order from Vodafone !!

@SleetandSnow, what method of shipping are you looking at from Germany ? Any sense as to whether Google will ship to the intermediary ?

joedumper wrote: »
    After over a month of Vodafone having taken my €889 euro, it is now being refunded and I'm back to square one with no phone !!
    This is disgraceful behaviour from a "leading provider".
    They effectively stole my money, and gave me nothing for it, having to fight and wait now to get it back.

Never pre-order from Vodafone !!

@SleetandSnow, what method of shipping are you looking at from Germany ? Any sense as to whether Google will ship to the intermediary ?

I’ve got a friend In Germany who is willing to accept the package and then ship it to me! 70 euro for shipping though to me but still lower then what it costs here (just an EU plug sadly).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Finally VF cancelled by order. After 2 weeks of asking.

Finally Vodafone store in cork had the device on display so got to the the 3XL. Notch is really not as bad as the photos. Gonna get it now guaranteed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tedcrilly

Currently working out around 79 euro for shipping and the phone is 749 from Germany so working out cheaper then direct buying from Ireland still. Trying to find cheaper postage, anybody know of any ?

From Germany Google Black Friday - Pixel - can we order from Ireland to German reshipping address??? anyone know?

Assume no Vat is is intra-eu?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭theintern

tedcrilly wrote: »
    From Germany Google Black Friday - Pixel - can we order from Ireland to German reshipping address??? anyone know?

Assume no Vat is is intra-eu?

A lot of people online report that Google will cancel orders 24 hours after placing them if they're going to known reshipping companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

notcarlos wrote: »
    Reviews saying edges doesn't adhere to the screen, lifting issues? Do you notice similar thing?

The very bottom never adhered properly alright, but it's just a few mm. The edges are fine.

• Advertisement

The mnml case finally arrived and it's class. Brilliant fit and very thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭micks_address

The mnml case finally arrived and it's class. Brilliant fit and very thin.

This one?

https://mnmlcase.com/products/pixel-3-xl-mnml-case

That's the one. Was tight enough to fit so I'd put it over the Layer I had on the 2 at this stage. Have to see over time how it stretches though. Actually comes up around the phone and onto the black part where the screen starts about 1mm.

No protection against a fall though, just scratches.

Here's a couple of pictures of it.

2yypj6r.png2cf5qwm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭micks_address

Here's a couple of pictures of it.

2yypj6r.png2cf5qwm.png

Wow it really is minimalist

And 3XL ya been ordered on the German store in clearly white. Gonna be a nice Christmas present hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

And 3XL ya been ordered on the German store in clearly white. Gonna be a nice Christmas present hopefully :)

Will they deliver to Ireland or a parcel service? Indication is they won't. It's a massive price difference compared to the UK and Ireland black Friday discount.

Easy Rider wrote: »
    Will they deliver to Ireland or a parcel service? Indication is they won't. It's a massive price difference compared to the UK and Ireland black Friday discount.

Nope, had it sent to a friend in Germany. You could try a parcel service, i've had 5 pixel 2 xls shipped to parcel motel from the UK when i had to replace them a few times and multiple home mini's. Not sure of any german parcel companies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭notcarlos

I did RMA there and it was quick! Reported 21, shipped same day and received it 22! I have now two Pixel 3 but I will have to return the other one. Lol. I have 20 days to do so. 466712.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 briefgate

myVodafone app is fixed at last

Advertisement