Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pixel 3 thread, featuring 'The Notch'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭micks_address

Patww79 wrote: »
    Not noticed any excessive heat after using mine anyway. Bit warm but no more so than my S7 or S8 used to get.

I'd say warm but not hot. First time I've had a wireless charger so probably normal..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Anyone tried the Pixel Stand with an iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I'd say warm but not hot. First time I've had a wireless charger so probably normal..

Yeah it’s normal, it gets warmer then wired charging. It’s using coils inside the phone which gather heat while charging etc. shouldn’t be too hot to touch, just warm

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭notcarlos

Should I wait for Black friday before buying or should I place my order now through google store? Shipping date is 19th

notcarlos wrote: »
    Should I wait for Black friday before buying or should I place my order now through google store? Shipping date is 19th

ordering the phone? probably worth waiting at this stage... they might bundle in a google home mini or something..

• Advertisement

ordering the phone? probably worth waiting at this stage... they might bundle in a google home mini or something..

Mick is the back screen protector you bought from a store in Jarvis specifically made for Pixel 3? Can’t find any online

Mick is the back screen protector you bought from a store in Jarvis specifically made for Pixel 3? Can’t find any online

They cut it from sheets of plastic using a machine.. templates are for pixel 3/xl etc.. have to say really happy with front screen protector.. closest feel to glass i've gotten from a plastic protector

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

They cut it from sheets of plastic using a machine.. templates are for pixel 3/xl etc.. have to say really happy with front screen protector.. closest feel to glass i've gotten from a plastic protector

Do they skin the back too? I have a mnml on the way to stop scratches but I'd rather just have a skin, thinner the better and I always make a balls of dbrand ones.

Can please you take a pic of the back with protector applied. I’m really worried about back being scratched.

Do they skin the back too? I have a mnml on the way to stop scratches but I'd rather just have a skin, thinner the better and I always make a balls of dbrand ones.

Pat how’s your cancellation with Vodafone. I’m considering ordering one from google at the end of the day if I didn’t hear anything.

• Advertisement

Pat how’s your cancellation with Vodafone. I’m considering ordering one from google at the end of the day if I didn’t hear anything.

Not a peep since apart from being told I can't cancel and I'll just have to wait and return it.

Can please you take a pic of the back with protector applied. I’m really worried about back being scratched.

They can do Matt or clear plastic.. I don't have a second camera handy but will try later. It's not that dramatic. It's the same material as screen protector applied to the back with relevant cutouts. I guess it keeps the phone prestine. Even with a case dust will get in and cause scratches if you have ocd..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

briefgate wrote: »
    anybody have problem opening the My Vodafone app using your Pixel? I got Pixel 3 and it just crashes when I open it.

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 15 briefgate

anybody have problem opening the My Vodafone app using your Pixel? I got Pixel 3 and it just crashes when I open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 briefgate

briefgate wrote: »

Yep
    Were you able to fix it? Vodafone support said to download the latest version from Google Play. The one that I have was the latest version and still crashes.

No, no joy here.

No, no joy here.

The double edged sword of having pixels.. sure you get the most recent version of Android before everyone else but sometimes the app development doesn't keep up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Exactly, Dublin Bus doesn’t seem to be available on Pie either

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Tried an iPhone 8+ on it and it takes a charge not sure at what rate it's charging tho but it charges.
    Shn99 wrote: »
    Anyone tried the Pixel Stand with an iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

Can anyone confirm that they've received a pre-order from Vodafone ? Of any colour or spec ?

A buddy and myself are both waiting on pre-orders and the runaround we're getting is crazy.
    Being told that the orders are stuck in the Vodafone IT system, that it's not a stock issue, but rather they can't release the phones for dispatch.
    Then also being told that the preorders were not due to release for at least 6 weeks... ie. several weeks after the phones went on general sale !!
    One rep said to just go buy the phone, but then couldn't cancel the preorder... utterly insane!!

• Advertisement

We really should be allowed cancel at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

joedumper wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that they've received a pre-order from Vodafone ? Of any colour or spec ?

A buddy and myself are both waiting on pre-orders and the runaround we're getting is crazy.
    Being told that the orders are stuck in the Vodafone IT system, that it's not a stock issue, but rather they can't release the phones for dispatch.
    Then also being told that the preorders were not due to release for at least 6 weeks... ie. several weeks after the phones went on general sale !!
    One rep said to just go buy the phone, but then couldn't cancel the preorder... utterly insane!!

Yeah I got a Black 64gb delivered 2 weeks ago. I have sent it back for refund though.

I have an order for white also which I have asked them to cancel due to long wait time and they offered me a free Google Home Mini with it. Asked for cancellation anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

My wife is due an upgrade with Vodafone but the availability of the other colours is starting to get annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭theintern

dan786 wrote: »
    Yeah I got a Black 64gb delivered 2 weeks ago. I have sent it back for refund though.

I have an order for white also which I have asked them to cancel due to long wait time and they offered me a free Google Home Mini with it. Asked for cancellation anyway.

Vodafone offered a GH Mini?

I saw the white Pixel 3 in Vodafone stores and they have this FCC markings at the back and they are ugly af. Is this true on all Pixel 3 models or just the Vodafone ones? Also they seem to have a good gap in glass back and sides

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

I saw the white Pixel 3 in Vodafone stores and they have this FCC markings at the back and they are ugly af. Is this true on all Pixel 3 models or just the Vodafone ones? Also they seem to have a good gap in glass back and sides
    Think it’s a European thing, same on the iPhones here whereas the US/CA models don’t require any labels on the back(all the regulatory stuff is in the settings)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

theintern wrote: »
    Vodafone offered a GH Mini?

Yes.

No gap in my white one (Google Store) and nothing on the back except the G.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

hoping they have some good Black Friday deals in store for the Irish/UK store, planning on purchasing then.

• Advertisement

No gap in my white one (Google Store) and nothing on the back except the G.

Likewise (black) - phone from Vodafone

Advertisement