Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pixel 3 thread, featuring 'The Notch'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭notcarlos

Patww79 wrote: »
    notcarlos wrote: »
    I got my refund today from Vodafone and phone will be delivered today by google. Happy days.

How did you manage that?

I have been messaging Vodafone through their Facebook page, here on boards and on their own forum. Sending a message everyday for update lol. So then yesterday they told me that concerned team has successfully canceled it. Received money today.

Vodafone is offering 40 euro off plus free google home mini for all phones including Pixel 3. Pixel 3 64 gb is only available at the moment though. I

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Well that black friday deal is disappointing. Have a friend in Germany, will see if he will ship it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Well that black friday deal is disappointing. Have a friend in Germany, will see if he will ship it to me.

I complained to the live chat about the situation and this was their suggestion. I told them I wasn't satisfied with that solution and they passed on my complaint to their manager. Doubt it'll make much difference. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭theintern

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    I complained to the live chat about the situation and this was their suggestion. I told them I wasn't satisfied with that solution and they passed on my complaint to their manager. Doubt it'll make much difference. :rolleyes:

It's too good a deal not to try and get it somehow. 950 here on the Google store versus 750 there for a 3XL. Crazy difference. I'm used to price differences from here and the US but usually Europe is pretty much aligned.

Is there even any other way to ship it from Germany safely? I’ve searched but the sites I saw looked either dodgy or really expensive.

• Advertisement

Hm would anybody know what the customs charges would be coming from the US? Have a friend over there who would do the BOGO 50% off deal with me. Wonder if he marked it as a gift would it get through? hm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Hm would anybody know what the customs charges would be coming from the US? Have a friend over there who would do the BOGO 50% off deal with me. Wonder if he marked it as a gift would it get through? hm
    Got an ipX from Canada marked as a gift, postman turned up looking for €150 customs charge and €12 service fee :/

Shn99 wrote: »
    Got an ipX from Canada marked as a gift, postman turned up looking for €150 customs charge and €12 service fee :/

oof. I was planning on getting my friend to ship it to Addresspal marked as a gift. I read online that phones etc arent subject to customs duty just VAT really. If it worked out it would only be 570 euro or so for the 3xl which is sweet, even with a 150 customs charge its cheaper then anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭micks_address

oof. I was planning on getting my friend to ship it to Addresspal marked as a gift. I read online that phones etc arent subject to customs duty just VAT really. If it worked out it would only be 570 euro or so for the 3xl which is sweet, even with a 150 customs charge its cheaper then anywhere else

You will likely get hit for customs if you use addresspal

How is is 570?

• Advertisement

How is is 570?

BOGO 50% off black friday sale divided by 2 works out around that in Euro. And that sucks about the customs thing. trying to decide if it will still be cheaper then asking the guy in germany, and if the warranty is alright if its US to EU. I know EU to EU is alright.

BOGO 50% off black friday sale divided by 2 works out around that in Euro. And that sucks about the customs thing. trying to decide if it will still be cheaper then asking the guy in germany, and if the warranty is alright if its US to EU. I know EU to EU is alright.

Ah that makes sense. Thought you could get one for 570.

I received my Pixel 3 128 GB not pink from Google yesterday. Screen is great, no pink tint nor any dead pixels. My gripe only is that the screen in white background has this paper like texture. It's not smooth almos grainy looking and noticable in low brightness settings. Also my Pixel has CE markings at the back. Speaker is actually great. Louder than my S9!

I'm returning my screen protector Olixar as well. Not great, removes easily and diminishes screen responsiveness when applied. I've no screen protector now. I have it bare. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

notcarlos wrote: »
    I received my Pixel 3 128 GB not pink from Google yesterday. Screen is great, no pink tint nor any dead pixels. My gripe only is that the screen in white background has this paper like texture. It's not smooth almos grainy looking and noticable in low brightness settings. Also my Pixel has CE markings at the back. Speaker is actually great. Louder than my S9!

I'm returning my screen protector Olixar as well. Not great, removes easily and diminishes screen responsiveness when applied. I've no screen protector now. I have it bare. Any recommendations?

On my Pixel 2 I found the whitestone dome excellent when in use but damaged a little too easily. If you're careful with your phone it might be fine but at 40-50 notes a pop it's not a small amount for a screen protector.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Vodafone shop on O Connell st Limerick has the P3XL on display, screen is spectacular but the notch and chin put me off a bit, suppose its just me being used to the iPX

Went to the main vodafone shop in Cork City today and like Wilton, they don't have it on display. Really annoying. Currently have the IPX and want a 3xl but debating about the notch being big!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Went to the main vodafone shop in Cork City today and like Wilton, they don't have it on display. Really annoying. Currently have the IPX and want a 3xl but debating about the notch being big!

In all honesty you notice for about twenty minutes and that's it. I'm also really glad they left the chin on it as it would be a nightmare reaching the home and back buttons on the XL if they were right down the bottom.

In all honesty you notice for about twenty minutes and that's it. I'm also really glad they left the chin on it as it would be a nightmare reaching the home and back buttons on the XL if they were right down the bottom.

Yeah the notch is not worth worrying about. You can use apps like natcho notch to hide it if you want

Yeah the notch is not worth worrying about. You can use apps like natcho notch to hide it if you want

Yeah I mean im used to notches, I have an iPhone x. Just read that this one is pretty large but i mean you get used to everything after a while. I can't deal with an LG screen again after my pixel 2xl disasters. Going to try and get that deal in germany i think.

• Advertisement

Guys is this normal? Screen flashes before displaying clock? On Ambient display, double tap to check phone or Lift to check phone. Link to video below:

https://streamable.com/9po89

Haven't seen that, but the clock isn't supposed to go off at all anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Shn99 wrote: »
    Vodafone shop on O Connell st Limerick has the P3XL on display, screen is spectacular but the notch and chin put me off a bit, suppose its just me being used to the iPX

You’re put off by a notch coming from another phone with a notch???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Ah now its not exactly an ordinary notch.

In still can't understand why anyone would hide it though. They're not hiding it, just trebling the width of it.

Yeah I mean im used to notches, I have an iPhone x. Just read that this one is pretty large but i mean you get used to everything after a while. I can't deal with an LG screen again after my pixel 2xl disasters. Going to try and get that deal in germany i think.

Screen in the 3xl is Samsung OLED and much much better than last year

In still can't understand why anyone would hide it though. They're not hiding it, just trebling the width of it.

Natcho notch is a little better. Notifications are still each side of the notch it's just all black

Screen in the 3xl is Samsung OLED and much much better than last year

It's night and day. I had the smaller one in the 2 which was the better of the two but the improvement is huge to the 3XL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

On my Pixel 2 I found the whitestone dome excellent when in use but damaged a little too easily. If you're careful with your phone it might be fine but at 40-50 notes a pop it's not a small amount for a screen protector.

I've a Zagg one and it's fantastic

• Advertisement

Currently working out around 79 euro for shipping and the phone is 749 from Germany so working out cheaper then direct buying from Ireland still. Trying to find cheaper postage, anybody know of any ?

Advertisement