Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Summer2019

tigger123 wrote: »
    I'm in the same batch, and that's been kind of been my own take on it. Have kind of put it out of my head for the minute though; we'll get an interview at some stage I'm sure.

Would love to know the success rate at interview stage since they introduced the short-listing element of the competition.

Any posters here not pass the interview stage? (Horrible question, I'll admit!)

I remember a couple of months back one poster had put up some stats, not sure how they got them, but they were saying that from about 900 people that got called for each batch from stage 1, - after shortlisting, verification /etray and interview about 120 got on a panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

Summer2019 wrote: »
    I remember a couple of months back one poster had put up some stats, not sure how they got them, but they were saying that from about 900 people that got called for each batch from stage 1, - after shortlisting, verification /etray and interview about 120 got on a panel.

That was me, all based on info from this thread for Batch 1, it worked out at approx. 50% pass rate for each stage of the competition as far as I could tell. I know I need to get a life :-)

That was me, all based on info from this thread for Batch 1, it worked out at approx. 50% pass rate for each stage of the competition as far as I could tell. I know I need to get a life :-)

That's valuable information !!:) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes from the point when they reach you on the panel until you are actually appointed?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Does anyone know roughly how long it takes from the point when they reach you on the panel until you are actually appointed?

It will vary in all cases.

If you are new to CS, 2 HR departments getting it sorted, Garda clearance etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 GBCS

Just spoke to PAS.
    13 remain to be placed from batch 1 before starting on batch 2.
    Was informed that things are moving quickly again and that they may start on batch 2 by end of summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

GBCS wrote: »
    Just spoke to PAS.
    13 remain to be placed from batch 1 before starting on batch 2.
    Was informed that things are moving quickly again and that they may start on batch 2 by end of summer.

Excellent news, nice one for posting

That's great news, it seems as though they've gone from 20 to 13 in a little over a week! Hopefully this pace will continue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fat bottomed girl

Feeling equal amounts of excitement and panic waiting for my number to be called. I think I'm near the end of the Inter and Open panels on Batch 1 (1.2). Have emailed PAS twice over the past 2 months and each time they respond within an hour with an approximate number of people who are ahead, so they're really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Feeling equal amounts of excitement and panic waiting for my number to be called. I think I'm near the end of the Inter and Open panels on Batch 1 (1.2). Have emailed PAS twice over the past 2 months and each time they respond within an hour with an approximate number of people who are ahead, so they're really helpful.

Please let us know when you get your good news and best of luck with the position!

• Advertisement

That's great news, it seems as though they've gone from 20 to 13 in a little over a week! Hopefully this pace will continue :)

Sorry, do you mean they went through 20 people in 5 weeks and now 13 in one week?

Sorry, do you mean they went through 20 people in 5 weeks and now 13 in one week?

Sorry, no I meant that a little over a week ago someone else posted that there were 20 left in batch 1.2 and now there are only 13 left.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AP2019

Can anyone let me know how they alert you that you've entered clearance please? Is it via email or a message on the Public Jobs site, or a phone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Luckyduck78

AP2019 wrote: »
    Can anyone let me know how they alert you that you've entered clearance please? Is it via email or a message on the Public Jobs site, or a phone call?

It’s via a message on their website.

Sorry, no I meant that a little over a week ago someone else posted that there were 20 left in batch 1.2 and now there are only 13 left.

Sorry, thanks for clarifying. I imagine things will pick up again, end of August or September.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SmileB

Any idea how many in total are in Batch 2. I am in batch 3 and waiting and hoping to be called for interview

SmileB wrote: »
    Any idea how many in total are in Batch 2. I am in batch 3 and waiting and hoping to be called for interview

The highest anyone posted was in the low 50s for batch 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bravenewworld1

oodles19 wrote: »
    Can I just ask, as they are on batch 1.2, then following that there is a panel of people that have been interviewed on Batch 2.

Is there also a group of people - Batch 3 that have been gone through the shortlisting stage , the etray stage but not interviewed yet?

I'm not sure if it's being called Batch 3 but I have gone through shortlisting, verification and etray but not been interviewed yet. It could be a while before that happens if they have the entirety of Batch 2 to place before they start thinking about giving us interviews!

Hi, can I ask Oodles what your score was at Stage 1? Just trying to work out the order for possible shortlisting. Many thanks...Even just the general score...100 - 106 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

Hi, can I ask Oodles what your score was at Stage 1? Just trying to work out the order for possible shortlisting. Many thanks...Even just the general score...100 - 106 etc.

Yeah no problem, my Stage 1 score was between 100-106, I believe everyone who had a score in that range has gone through shortlisting, then on to verification, e-tray and is awaiting interview. It's being called "Batch 3" though I haven't seen it being referred to as such in any correspondence from PAS, unless I missed something somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AP2019

Quick update on the panels.

PAS have placed 27 people from the Batch 1.2 Open panel in the last 6 weeks.

They have placed 22 people from the Batch 1.2 Interdepartmental panel in the same time period.

If it continues at this pace Batch 1.2 should be exhausted very soon and Batch 2 will begin.

Of course, it's impossible to say if it will continue at this pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭tigger123

They have placed 22 people from the Batch 1.2 Interdepartmental panel in the same time period.

If it continues at this pace Batch 1.2 should be exhausted very soon and Batch 2 will begin.

That feels like the set up for one of the verbal comprehension questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Luckyduck78

Very helpful, thank you. So a total of 49 people have been called from 1.2?

I think a few of us looked for updates from PAS around the same time ;) There are 12 left on the open and 8 left on the interdepartmental for batch 1.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Very helpful, thank you. So a total of 49 people have been called from 1.2?

Would the inter departmental panel not cross over to the open?
    Candidates can be on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Newbie 101

Hi, I heard that someone had been offered and refused a westmeath place last week, I'm on Longford and Westmeath panels so gave Pas a call to see if there had been any movement, he said no vacancies or offers made for either location. Anyone else hear of any regional movement?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 marbol

I’m on the Open panels for Cork and Kilkenny.
    Got update from PAS on Monday saying first 7 placed from Cork panel. No movement on Kilkenny panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johnbyrne82

marbol wrote: »
    I’m on the Open panels for Cork and Kilkenny.
    Got update from PAS on Monday saying first 7 placed from Cork panel. No movement on Kilkenny panel.

Wow that was quick!. Im 15 on cork open. Are you before that Marbol?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 marbol

Johnbyrne82 I’m next after you on the Cork panel.
    Spoke to Pas today and they said that the main reason for movement was that some of the 7 people on the panel had refused/accepted positions in other regions.
    Keeping fingers crossed we’ll be offered something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fat bottomed girl

Started Garda vetting today, I'm 50 on Open panel. I was also on the Inter panel, but have been advised that as I'm Public service I don't qualify for Inter.

Anyone who has been placed recently, what departments are recruiting, any trends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Has batch 2 pre-clearance started yet?

Advertisement