Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

AFAIK it went as far as 40 but I don’t know if it went beyond that

If they just have 40 left to place I'd say my batch (3) might be getting a call for interview sooner than expected, particularly with the spate of expected AP retirements to come in September...😳

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Luckyduck78

oodles19 wrote: »
    If they just have 40 left to place I'd say my batch (3) might be getting a call for interview sooner than expected, particularly with the spare of expected AP retirements to come in September...😳

I’d say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

AFAIK it went as far as 40 but I don’t know if it went beyond that

Went as far as low 50s on Open anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SonicHook

On batch 3 here (I think!). Fingers crossed.

Presumably, people will be contacted for interviews in September with interviews in October/ November?

SonicHook wrote: »
    On batch 3 here (I think!). Fingers crossed.

Presumably, people will be contacted for interviews in September with interviews in October/ November?

At this rate I would imagine the interviews would be in September with the usual couple of weeks notice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Summer2019

SFC1895 wrote: »
    At this rate I would imagine the interviews would be in September with the usual couple of weeks notice

Hopefully in November they will shortlist another batch of candidates, Batch 4 and bring them forward for etray etc !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

GBCS wrote: »
    PAS has reached batch 2 today.
    Got a call regarding clearance

Whereabouts roughly are you in the batch if you don’t mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 32,404 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Gathering references from my current and previous employer at the minute - I wont find out department until after then seemingly....

PAS has reached batch 2 today.
    Got a call regarding clearance

Whereabouts are you on the panel for Batch 2? Open or interd?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GBCS

ParkRunner wrote: »
    Whereabouts roughly are you in the batch if you don’t mind me asking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

That’ll do it for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cass50

I got a call re clearance today too. Dublin batch 2

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MCQ71

Congrats and good luck to everyone getting placed in Dublin but did anyone hear of any offers on the regional panels? I’m in the top 10 for 2 regions and originally thought I’d have a good chance but nothing yet.

Congratulations ! Well done!

Cass50 wrote: »
    I got a call re clearance today too. Dublin batch 2

Congratulations ! Are you in the top 5 too ?

Summer2019 wrote: »
    Congratulations ! Are you in the top 5 too ?
    Yes number 3 on Interdepartmental

Congrats to you both

Congrats to you both

Well Done ! Congrats to both Cass50 and GBCS!!

Thanks for the update.

(not in this batch myself)

Well Done ! Congrats to both Cass50 and GBCS!!

Thanks for the update.

(not in this batch myself)
    Thanks everyone and best of luck to you all

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GBCS

Thank you!

• Advertisement

PAS reached approx 6 (Open) and 4 (InterD) for clearance by midday yesterday

PAS reached approx 6 (Open) and 4 (InterD) for clearance by midday yesterday

Thanks very much for the update.

If Batch 3 candidates start getting emails with interview dates can you please let us know !

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

Thanks very much for the update.

If Batch 3 candidates start getting emails with interview dates can you please let us know !

I'll be happy to let you know when I hear something.

Many thanks to everyone on here for kindly keeping us posted on progress, and best of luck to all in their new roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 minky123

I was high up in batch one and am now 4 months into my job.

I won’t say what it is but it involves seeing highly traumatic situations daily. It’s not a role that allows me to contribute positively to those who have suffered - it’s more a cog in the wheel of the state type thing. The daily exposure reminds me of my own history. I thought given the whole AP process I would just try it and see what it’s like. But I’m not going to stick it out for two years for mobility or even one for internal moves.

Does anyone think that I have any chance of going back into the list? If I speak to PAS and confidentially outline my concerns? There is nothing else in the department that interests me. I want a policy type role which reflects my education and experience.

This is the drawback of this process. The most random jobs arise!

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 27 harmarsuperstar

I don't think there's anyway they'd let you back onthe panel.

On a regional note i called PAS and they said they were up to 7 on the Limerick panel already. I was very surprised by this, so much so that I assume it is a mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭tigger123

minky123 wrote: »

I won’t say what it is but it involves seeing highly traumatic situations daily. It’s not a role that allows me to contribute positively to those who have suffered - it’s more a cog in the wheel of the state type thing. The daily exposure reminds me of my own history. I thought given the whole AP process I would just try it and see what it’s like. But I’m not going to stick it out for two years for mobility or even one for internal moves.

Does anyone think that I have any chance of going back into the list? If I speak to PAS and confidentially outline my concerns? There is nothing else in the department that interests me. I want a policy type role which reflects my education and experience.

Thanks all

It's hard to know, but I would definitely have a chat with PAS about it and see what they say. If there's no give there perhaps have a chat with your HR section and see what they say. If the stuff you're dealing with is particularly traumatic for you it's worth bringing to their attention to see if a move could be looked at.

Just my own opinion, but I wouldn't bring up the fact that you only feel like a cog in the machine . Unfortunately that's part and parcel for some public service roles, ie, that's just the job.

Good luck with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

tigger123 wrote: »
    It's hard to know, but I would definitely have a chat with PAS about it and see what they say. If there's no give there perhaps have a chat with your HR section and see what they say. If the stuff you're dealing with is particularly traumatic for you it's worth bringing to their attention to see if a move could be looked at.

Just my own opinion, but I wouldn't bring up the fact that you only feel like a cog in the machine . Unfortunately that's part and parcel for some public service roles, ie, that's just the job.

Good luck with it all.

As well as your HR I would contact the Civil Service Employee Assistance Service (https://www.cseas.per.gov.ie/) They may be able to suggest ways of dealing with the role or possibly back up a position to move. It won't hurt contacting PAS but they are really just the middle man and once you're placed it's up to your department.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

As well as your HR I would contact the Civil Service Employee Assistance Service (https://www.cseas.per.gov.ie/) They may be able to suggest ways of dealing with the role or possibly back up a position to move. It won't hurt contacting PAS but they are really just the middle man and once you're placed it's up to your department.

Talk to the AHCPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,404 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

minky123 wrote: »

Thanks all
    I am really sorry to hear this, I am not sure PAS will be able to do anything as others have said here. I would definitely talk to internal HR.

The job I have been offered off this panel is entirely based around developing policy/governance...in an area I have no clue about.
    My entire CV is ICT focused, but they barely have an internal ICT department....not a good fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 HelloPeeps

Talk to the AHCPS.

What's AHCPS?

Advertisement