Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

ParkRunner wrote: »
    Has batch 2 pre-clearance started yet?

I don't think so, there were still 12 left on the open panel for batch 1.2 earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PygDrake

Hi,

I am in Batch 2. I am 29 Open and 22 Inter D.
    I received the following from PAS today..

"We are currently towards the end of Batch 1.2 and you are placed in Batch 2. There aren’t a lot of vacancies being logged at present for Dublin but we have been able to move a good bit through the Dublin panel in recent weeks.

There are approximately 34 candidates ahead you on the Open stream, and approximately 26 candidates ahead of you on the Interdepartmental stream."

So they are literally at the end of Batch 1.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Luckyduck78

PygDrake wrote: »
    Hi,

"We are currently towards the end of Batch 1.2 and you are placed in Batch 2. There aren’t a lot of vacancies being logged at present for Dublin but we have been able to move a good bit through the Dublin panel in recent weeks.

There are approximately 34 candidates ahead you on the Open stream, and approximately 26 candidates ahead of you on the Interdepartmental stream."

That’s really helpful thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,277 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hi,

Interesting!
    I am actually at a very similar number to you.

But the ICT AP panel have requested gardai vetting, so I might take that one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PygDrake

gmisk wrote: »
    Interesting!

But the ICT AP panel have requested gardai vetting, so I might take that one.....

Well if the ICT role is preferable to the generic AP role then by all means accept it. Could still be a few months before they reach us on this panel. And especially if you are ahead of me on this panel then take the ICT one, because you'll bump me up a space then 😂ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

Hi,

Wow, they're really flying through candidates at the moment! That's great news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SPHarry

I was Garda vetted a few months ago for another competition and it came back within two weeks, even though I have lived in the UK and USA.
    Interesting!

Just curious, have most people been emailing PAS for updates, or have you been calling them?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AP2019

Email to the clearance email address gets a quick reply in my experience.

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Just curious, have most people been emailing PAS for updates, or have you been calling them?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

There are
    • 6 remaining on the Open Panel for batch 1 in Dublin
    • 5 remaining on the inter-D Panel for batch 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

There are

So that’s 6 altogether? As those on inter will also be on open?

Thanks for that! Down to brass tacks now for 1.2 and Batch 2 should be starting shortly.

Best of luck to all with your appointments, I hope we get good news!

There are

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Addle wrote: »
    So that’s 6 altogether? As those on inter will also be on open?

Exactly, yeah.

Anyone hear of more movement on this yet?

Ok quick question.
    If I accept an AP role now....and I dont like the role, can I leave it when I am offered another role from this panel? (I am in the next batch).

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Ok quick question.
    If I accept an AP role now....and I dont like the role, can I leave it when I am offered another role from this panel? (I am in the next batch).

If you accept a role then you will be taken off of the panel so if you dislike your placement then the best to hope for is a movement within the same department if their HR section is on board (they may not be). There is also AP mobility once you are made permanent but not sure of the T&C's on that so there may be other time frames involved and not just the probation period.

If you accept a role then you will be taken off of the panel so if you dislike your placement then the best to hope for is a movement within the same department if their HR section is on board (they may not be). There is also AP mobility once you are made permanent but not sure of the T&C's on that so there may be other time frames involved and not just the probation period.
    But this job is from a totally different AP panel (the ICT one) - I am also on this general one (apologies didnt make that clear)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

But this job is from a totally different AP panel (the ICT one) - I am also on this general one (apologies didnt make that clear)

If it's two separate panels then there may be scope to leave the first. I would contact PAS with that question- they may be able to give you the terms of the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

You lose your InterD placing but remain on the open panel as far as I know.

SFC1895 wrote: »
    You lose your InterD placing but remain on the open panel as far as I know.
    Oh interesting....thanks I will check with them

• Advertisement

Got call about clearance for this panel today....did anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Got call about clearance for this panel today....did anyone else?

The ICT competition or the general Open/Interdepartmental one?

ParkRunner wrote: »
    The ICT competition or the general Open/Interdepartmental one?
    I got email about ICT one a couple of weeks ago.
    The phone call today was for the general, I am on open and interdepartmental

I got email about ICT one a couple of weeks ago.
    The phone call today was for the general, I am on open and interdepartmental

Congrats. What number (approx) were you?

Congrats. What number (approx) were you?
    20s...I think

20s...I think

That’s great to hear, well done. Going from the posts from the end of last week, that would indicate ~25 people have gone into clearance since last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 harmarsuperstar

That’s great to hear, well done. Going from the posts from the end of last week, that would indicate ~25 people have gone into clearance since last week?

That can't be true, can it? Sure that would be nearly half the panel gone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

It sounds a bit on the high side alright, but perhaps those at the end of Batch 1.2, start of Batch 2 went into clearance a fortnight ago or so?

That can't be true, can it? Sure that would be nearly half the panel gone
    I am in 20s and got a phonecall about clearance (batch 2) today...no idea how many in batch 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Cass50

I am in 20s and got a phonecall about clearance (batch 2) today...no idea how many in batch 2.
    Can i ask Is that a call on going into clearance on Dublin panel batch 2?

Advertisement